main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

John Williams concert - Cleveland head-count/planning

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    With the John Williams concert coming up on us, we need to start organizing how we're all going to get down there.

JW concert Cleveland head-count:
    Krash (and girlfriend, Amy)
    Padawan92
    ?

For those of us in the Parma area, I'm willing to give someone a lift. With myself, Emily, and Amy, that means I've got room for 1-2 people.

As for meeting the Detroit and other Fanforces coming, I've been talking with the city rep for Detroit, and we agree that meeting inside would be the simplest way to go. I'm planning on setting up near the top of the hill on the lawn, along the path; that way nobody is looking for a "needle in a hay-stack" all over the lawn. A small sign wouldn't hurt matters either (Amy is gonna kill me for this one)

I know a few people have pavillion seats, but the lawn is the easiest place for everyone to meet (since you need a ticket to get into the pavillion). If we get there early enough, we'll meet on the lawn, then those with choice seats can get to them before the show starts.

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I don't have a ticket yet, but if anyone has one or I can get one at the gate, I'd be willing to go considering the price isn't as expensive as I thought it would be. And if you want to come to Garfield, which is on the way and not too much of a detour from 480, you can get me if you'd be willing to. I just need to get a ticket.

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Random Krash and I said if you want a ride from us that is fine.

4. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    cool, but i need to get a ticket still. do they still have them on sale?

5. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Me and my Wife. Pavillion seats. Coming from Euclid. Will meet you guys there early of after the show.

6. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    For those of you who will be looking for us from Detroit...we've got members who will be in costume and some of us will be in our club T-shirts (you won't be able to miss 'em).

Of our group...we've got one Padme in the picnic dress and at least one of each dark and light Jedi. I don't know if we'll have any stormtroopers with us or not (they're still debating the trip and the armor).

You can get an idea of some of us who will be attending by going here. :)

7. Old_Benny

Old_Benny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    It's still a toss-up for me. But if I do go, I'll probably opt for pavilion, so I may not se all of you, but at least I'll know who the wild screams are comming from when Williams strikes up the main Star Wars theme.

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I was thinking that if we meet up on the lawn, before the show, even those with pavillion tickets could get in on the good times. And I'm not planning on following the herd of Banthas out the gate, once the show is over (I hate sitting in that traffic) so I'll plan on sticking around for a little while.

Padawan92
    Anrev (and Mrs. Anrev) :)
    Random???
    Old_Benny??? dude, you gotta stop by!

Random, tickets should be available at the door, if you're not sure, call and reserve some.

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    The Giant Eagle by me has a Ticketmaster. Today I got a ticket, so it's on Geoff and Emily, I'd really appreciate a ride.

"Just myself, the boy, the 2 droids... and no questions asked."

10. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Padawan92
    Anrev (and Mrs. Anrev)
    Random

Old_Benny??? dude, you gotta stop by!

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    How long before the concert should we plan on meeting with Detriot and C-bus? I was thinking if we get there an hour before the show, that would give us plenty of time to sit around and chat; and then those who have pavillion seats can find their way before the show starts.

Random, any objections to meeting us at the Holiday Inn near I-77, and then I'll drive us down to Blossom. Or, I'll need some directions to your place, and a time to pick you up.

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I was planning on PMing you directions to my house Krash, if that's alright with you.

13. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    I think we're still planning on when we'll be arriving to Blossom before the concert. I think we've thought about cooking out before as one possibility.

Are we still good for meeting up near the top of the hill about an hour before the show starts?

14. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Is anyone dressing up? Costume of "church cloths"

Or are we doing SW t-shirts.

dont forget your AOTC CD's for an autograph!

15. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Will JW be signing autographs?!?! If so, I got a whoooole mess of stuff he can sign :D

Looks like a whole mess of us at TBX are going (about 10-12 people). We haven't figured out all the details of when/where we're meeting. I don't think you'll see us in costumes, but we'll be wearing our TBX t-shirts. ;)

16. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    I know that some of our group will be dressing up...but not me. lol

I'll be wearing my R2-Detroit T-shirt. :)

17. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Oh, Cleveland Costuming folks, PLEASE dress up! I mean how many chances do we have in life to wear our SW costumes. :)

Anyway, there are at least 4 Detroiters who will be in costume as long as it doesn't rain. *crosses fingers*

Regards,
    M.

18. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I might dress up. I don't know.

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    No problem Random, go ahead and send those directions to me. Just FYI, we're planning on getting down there around 5-5:30...so we can have a place camped out near the pathway for Detroit to find us.

I have an idea of what some of the Detroit guys look like; so finding them shouldn't be too difficult. And we all know each other.

MEETING AREA: As you are walking along the main path (at the top of the lawn) Let's meet somewhere in the left side of the road...towards the center. Look for something reading "Fanforce" (I'll put something together by the weekend)

20. Old_Benny

Old_Benny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    Alright folks, I am going. Might not be able to make the meeting, though. I have a convention I'm attending downtown before this, so I don't have time to dress up. I have pavilion seats with my dad, so don't bother trying to save me a spot on the lawn.

21. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Not a Fanforce member, but I'm going.

I will look for you guys and say "Hey! They're from the JC!" ;)

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    No worries Benny, if you spot us...come say "hi" on the way in. Either way...have a good time.

Anyone is more then welcome to join our group, you're always welcome Sache8!

23. DarkKnightVauhn

DarkKnightVauhn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    Me and JediLupan are coming up from the NKY/Cincy area. We might try to look for you guys. Hey, while I'm here, what's a cheap but fun way to kill some time before heading to the show?

~Vauhn

24. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Thank you so much for hosting and saving us seats, Cleveland folks! It was a pleasure meeting you all. We'll look forward to future interaction between our groups! Let's not be strangers, ok?

Regards,
    M.

PS - Random, you're welcome to grab anything from us at any time. That Getting to Know you thread is one of our favs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.