main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

John Williams Concert - July 28

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheHuntressDiana, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I bring greetings from R2-Detroit! :)

Our group has been talking about making a trek down to your area for a concert. And, in the interest of FanForce, we thought that we'd share information and see if any of you would like to join us (in the general sense) in attending this event.

If you'd like to check out our plans, just click here.

-THD

What: John Williams' Salute to the Silver Screen (It won't be ALL SW music.)

When: Sunday, July 28, 2002 at 7:30PM

Where: The Blossom Music Center, 25 miles south of Cleveland

Cost: Tickets are $35, $28 or $20 in the Pavillion or $17 on the Lawn.

Contact Info: To order tickets, call (800) 686-1141.

2. WookiePoop1020

WookiePoop1020 Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    I will definately be there for the silver screen tribute.. and perhaps the other voilin performance that he's got going on the day before.

JediVince will be there as well.

3. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    How did I miss this thread? O well, bump up.

I would be interested in going to this concert. If everyone purchased lawn seats we could meet up with people from Detroit and Columbus and have a regional Fan Force meeting. Anyone else interested?

4. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I want to go, but I may not be able to. :(

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Why not? Something I don't know about?

6. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Got my Lawn tickets today.

Edit: Actually I found out that we got the $20 tickets. 6th row just to the right of center!!!! AH I CANT WAIT!

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That sounds like a great idea Zod! But rather then have "everyone" buy tickets, let's just plan for those who can/want to go have a place to meet up with each other.

We can even make a small sign to make ourselves more visible (something like our icon) and inform the regional Fanforces from other cities to look for that sign. Let's face it, even looking for each other on the lawn of Blossom is difficult; so a landmark would be nice.

Once we have a plan for what we'll be doing...I'll send word to the regional CR and RSA types to pass along the invite.

8. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Where is it at and will he play star wars stuff??????

9. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Read the first post

and yes at least 1/3rd of the concert will be SW

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Blossom has picnic tables set up by the parking lot, I'd recommend meeting there.

11. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Just read this on TFN...
    And Aaron M. files this report:

I just got back from John Williams' 70th birthday Boston Pops concert... What a party it was. Along with the Imperial March, Across the Stars, and the Main Title theme, Williams also did some of E.T., Jaws, Schlinders List, and for his 2nd encore, Indiana Jones . He was presented with a birthday cake by Keith Lockhart, the present Boston Pops conductor. Vader and Darth Maul were accompanied by an entourage of 10 stormtroopers, an Imperial officer, and Boba Fett who led the audience in "Happy Birthday" along with Keith Lockhart. After the show, I waited about 40 minutes with about 10 other people, when Williams came out, and signed autographs for everyone. He was extremely patient, and gracious. Thanks John, for another unbelieveable experience.

SWEET I wat an autograph! Should we go in costume?

12. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Sorry, I didn't mean "everyone" literally. I meant any one who would like to go.

13. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    So far, it looks like we'll just have five people from Detroit heading down for the concert. I'll be purchasing my ticket in a couple of hours...and that'll give all of us lawn tickets (which will make for easier seating I'm sure).

For those of you, here, who are going...I'm sure we can make some kind of arrangements to (at least) meet at the concert, if not sit near each other on the lawn for you lawn ticket holders. :)

Also, we're planning on camping Saturday & Sunday about 30 minutes away...and heading back home on Monday. Perhaps those who are in the area would be interested in doing something Saturday depending on our arrival time?

Anyway, it's just an idea and I've rambled enough. :)

14. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I went to the last concert of his at Blossom and I going to it again. :D It's not all Star Wars and most of it last time was not Star Wars, but it still rocked even if he didn't play a single note from Star Wars. :D

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Don, I passed along your idea for meeting outside to TheHuntressDiana; and asked whether meeting inside or outside would be easier for the Detriot people.

And Emily and I are "good to G..O" for the concert; we got our tickets Thursday (lawn) Is anyone not getting lawn tickets. Won't affect much, just curious?

16. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    I PM'ed you back Krash...and I think meeting inside would work out better...to our mutual advantage (lawn & pavillion seating).

We just need to settle on a "location" along the upper path of the lawn and an aproximate time.

Of course...we have plenty of time to work this out (we've got over a month to finalize things). :)

17. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    So maybe...we should have just 1 thread (in the main MidWest Forum) where we three (cleveland, columbus & detroit) groups can plan?

If it's a go, I'll create the thread and give ya the link here.

18. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Uh...anyone...?

19. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I am thinking Eminem's gonna win out on this one for me... I wanted to see The Up In Smoke Tour 2 years ago, but didn't get a chance to because some friends punked out on me, but I'm most likely going this year, and concerts are expensive, so I can only afford one within the period of 2 days. Sorry guys, but at the concert you'll be saying, "It feels so empty without me!"

20. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    This looks like a job for me.

*Smacks RM upside the head with trout*

Get you priorities straight boy! The Williams concert is CHEEP! Go to both!

21. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    How much is it? If it is cheep enuff, then I'll go to both.

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    You can get lawn tickets for $17, you can't even buy a CD for $17!

EDIT: you must have taken one lightsaber hit to the head (or something) during one of our duels...so your confusion is understandable :)

Granted, I'm not a big fan of his...but you are...so I understand the importance for you. If Eric Clapton was coming to town around the same time as John Williams, I'd feel conflicted...until I realized that JW is a very reasonably priced ticket (something rare these days) and just go to both.

23. Old_Benny

Old_Benny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    Now that this thread has been brought back up, I thought I could also tell you the August 17, there is some Cleveland Orchestra Sci-fi concert at blossom, where they will play several scores to sci-fi tv and movies, while projecting them on a screen. For more info go to this site, the Cleveland orchestrea website, and cheak out the calender for August. Star Wars is not mentiond by name, but would they really leave it out?

24. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Continued greetings from R2-Detroit!

Since we're getting closer to this event, we're making more definite plans for the weekend. A couple questions for you locals:

First, we're thinking about going to the Tigers/Indians game on Saturday night at Jacob's. Would any of you like to join us for that? Seems almost like Destiny to have those two teams playing while we're in your area!

Second, just wondering if any of you will be dressing in costume for the Concert? I think four of us will be (as long as it doesn't rain) and we're hoping you have some costuming enthusiasts, too!

Finally, I know the plan for Sunday is to try to meet inside the venue along the top of the lawn? Should we get a bit more definite on exactly where and when? Do you know how early the gates open before the show? We're trying to plan out our meals and that could also make a difference.

Thanks in advance for the info. Looking forward to meeting you! :)

Regards,
    M.

25. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Let's keep this line of communication open between Cleveland and Detroit. I'm starting a thread for organizing Cleveland's deligation for the John Williams show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.