John Williams Concert....

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by BobertV123, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobertV123 Jedi Padawan

I don't think this has been officially announced (I may be wrong)--but after cancelling his last scheduled concert in Cleveland...John Williams will be returning for a weekend in August to conduct the Cleveland Orchestra at Blossom Music Center.

In the past he has done 2-3 concerts over the weekend (friday/saturday and sometimes sunday evenings), one of more traditional classical music (some of his own works)---and the others of Classic Movie and TV scores written by himself and others.

His last visit was (I believe) two years ago--might even be 3 now....He did TPM music, as well as Classic Star Wars, Indiana Jones, ET, Jurassic Park, Sound of Music, and much more. I'll try to get the exact date but Its either the first or second weekend in August and these concerts have sold out fast in the past.

I have relatives that work for the Orchestra and if people are interested I can probably arrange to get a block of Pavilion tickets (or lawn seats).... Probably can't get backstage passes though...I have done it in the past--but I know you can't get more than 2 or 3 people back to see him...They just won't do it.
  2. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
  3. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    There was a notice about this on the main page here, I think the concerts are near the end of July. He's doing two, one is classical music, the other is movie music.
  4. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Hello BobertV123...welcome to the Fanforce!

According to my sources, John Williams is coming back to Blossom July 28th (the movie music concert). And tickets go on sale May 28th. Padawan92 and I are planning on going again; it would be great if we could meet up at the show with everyone from Fanforce!

Last time it was really great, he played music from all his movies; including "Duel of the Fates!" The best part was watching 2 little kids pretending to have lightsabers. It looked like alot of fun, I almost went over and be "Darth Maul" just so I could play along :)
  5. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Krash is correct. It was in the paper a couple of months ago. He has 2 concerts here. July 27th is his concert music and the 28th is his movie music. Tickets go on sale on May 28th and will cost between $16 and $50. I WILL be there. I emailed TFN and they posted it awhile ago, but we should remind them around the 27th.
  6. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    I want to go! I want to go!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.