main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY John Williams in Philly

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by KenDeep, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenDeep

KenDeep Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2002
    Anybody going to Philly,Tuesday July 15th for John Williams (Conducts the music of the Movies) concert? Tickets are pretty cheap and there's fireworks(whoohoo!). I picked up a pair on Friday.

2. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Great idea Kenny,
    As discussed at our meeting we'd like to make it a group road trip (with our compadres from other SW clubs who are interested).

Here are the details:
    Tuesday July 15, 2003 at The Mann Music Center in Philadelphia PA
    John Williams Salutes the Silver Screen
    THE PHILADELPHIA ORCHESTRA
    John Williams, conductor With Fireworks!

With an unparalleled list of achievements to his credit ? including more than 50 Oscar nominations, gold and platinum records, multiple Grammys®,Emmys, and Golden Globe Awards ? John Williams has created contemporary movie music so memorable and so exceptional, it has taken on a life of its own. Recognized among the best-known composers in the world, he has scored such films as Harry Potter (both The Chamber of Secrets and The Sorcerer?s Stone), Schindler?s List, E.T., Angela?s Ashes, J.F.K., Superman, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Catch Me If You Can, and many others. Throughout his career, he has led national and international orchestras, most notably serving as conductor of the Boston Pops for more than a decade. Don?t miss this evening of magic with the man whose genius has single-handedly transformed Hollywood film music.

Ticket prices: $61.50, $48, $43.50, $39, $25.50, $16.50, $8.00 (lawn goes on sale on May 1, 2003)

At the meeting we decided to buy the cheap lawn (standing) tickets (only $8 each) so some of us could go in costume and attract a little attention. Don't feel you need to wear a costume to come though.

Lawn tickets are general admission and there are alot of them. The ticket agent tells me he doubts it will sell out on the lawn, so we can buy tickets last minute. Also if charging by phone there is no service charge on the ticket.

This venue is approx 100 miles from NYC. I make this trip often from NYC and it takes about 2 and half hours. But I would allow 3 hours for NJ Turnpike traffic during rush hour.
    I know its a on a work day but we can probably leave straight from work and drive down there. The concert should end at 10:00 PM.
    I inquired about group sales. There are none on general admission tickets.

So if anyone has any questions, just ask.
    http://www.manncenter.org/
    Who is into this? --Billy

3. ORION-DA-FUZZY

ORION-DA-FUZZY Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2002
    just let me know if were gonna car pool or anything. might be easier

4. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Im sure we'll do some car pooling and we'll work it all out when the date comes close. --Billy

5. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I will be going to this event too and it will be great to see you all again! :D

6. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey everybody,
    Something came up so Triss and I won't be able to make it to the John Williams concert. I just thought I would let you all know so early plans can be made for car pooling. --Billy

7. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Do I smell Cheesesteak?

8. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Bah...Jersey Cheesesteaks are so much better. :p

9. ark3

ark3 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 27, 2003
    I'll be driving down. Anyone who would like to join me will have to trek over to Great Neck where I work. I haven't figured out exactly when I'm leaving just yet; suggestions from the experienced would be appreciated.

And I agree that there should be some Cheesesteak involvement in this trip. ;)

10. ark3

Jan 27, 2003
    Err, why can't I find this concert on the Mann Center's website? One would expect it to be on their June calendar page.

Anyhow... What time does the concert start?

11. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    hey dude...did you check July's? Because this is for July 15th...

I know that it was listed last month when I checked for pre-order tickets.

12. ark3

Jan 27, 2003
    Oopsie, my bad. Nevermind. :)

13. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    :p

No sweat...it happens to everyone. ;)

14. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Wow, we're going to see John Williams when he comes out our way in August, don't tell us how it ends! :p

15. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Ok...we will try not too. :p

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

16. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    So spoiler free for John Williams till '03? lol

I heard it ends with fireworks. And then some sort of lava. :p [/Spoiler}

17. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
  18. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Ahhh, not listening :Covers ears: LA LA LA LA

19. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey guys have a good time. I wish I could join you but I'll be on a plane to Italy. I'll try and look down and wave at ya. --Billy

20. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    I'd rather be on the plane to Italy!

21. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I've been on a plane to Italy...does that count? :D

Actually I njoyed myself quite a bit in Italy. If you go to Pisa(sp?) you have to check everything out. I had so much fun there when I was in the army.

22. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    I've been to Italy too. Twice actually. I have family there. :)

23. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Shawn was in the Army?! Sheesh, ya think ya know a guy! :p

24. MasterSifo-Dyas

Oct 1, 2002
    Oh man I should have picked all your brains on what to know in Italy. This is my first time over there.
    I'll only be in that country for three days. I'll be in Milan, Chiari, and La Sezia. --Billy

25. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Ok DB516...

Sorry that we could not find you last night...we were looking for you guys till about 8:30 last night...

We even talked to the GM of the place, for possible future visits with us. :D

~J.Sat~

co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.