main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA John Williams in Philly

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I might be a little late on this, but I just found out that John Williams will be conducting the Philadelphia Orchestra on July 15th. Tickets for the lawn(standing room) are $8. There will also be a fireworks display.

Here are more details:

Tuesday July 15, 2003 at The Mann Music Center in Philadelphia PA
    John Williams Salutes the Silver Screen
    THE PHILADELPHIA ORCHESTRA
    John Williams, conductor With Fireworks!

With an unparalleled list of achievements to his credit ? including more than 50 Oscar nominations, gold and platinum records, multiple Grammys®,Emmys, and Golden Globe Awards ? John Williams has created contemporary movie music so memorable and so exceptional, it has taken on a life of its own. Recognized among the best-known composers in the world, he has scored such films as Harry Potter (both The Chamber of Secrets and The Sorcerer?s Stone), Schindler?s List, E.T., Angela?s Ashes, J.F.K., Superman, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Catch Me If You Can, and many others. Throughout his career, he has led national and international orchestras, most notably serving as conductor of the Boston Pops for more than a decade. Don?t miss this evening of magic with the man whose genius has single-handedly transformed Hollywood film music.

Ticket prices: $61.50, $48, $43.50, $39, $25.50, $16.50, $8.00 (lawn goes on sale on May 1, 2003)

Go here for more info. So, what do you guys think? You up for it?

2. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    wow sounds cool. The hard part though will be getting a ride there, since my dad and stepmom probably wont be interested in going w/me

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hopefully we could carpool. I will be getting my license very, very soon and hopefully I'll be able to give everyone a ride.

4. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    The plan is for Lawn seats, with the other FFs.

This way, everyone can be grouped together

5. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    Well if i can get a ride, then i'll definitley go. It sounds like it would be an awesome time

6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Lawn seats sound good. Anyone else interested besides me and Bryan?

7. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    This is coming up fast.

Were any of you guys & gals going?

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That's a good question. Bryan and myself were interested in going...but the rest never got back to me. At this moment in time, it is a no...unless we get at least one more person that is interested.

9. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    I'm not incrediblely interested in it...but I'd go if we hold it

10. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    i'm interested, but the chances of me getting a ride to philly are really slim

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ok, it seems to me that problem is getting a ride. To tell you the truth, I don't know if I could either. I don't think my parents will go for me driving into Philly.

12. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    well...I hope things change for you guys...

I know that 2 members of NJ are going with a prospect.

I believe Long Island, NYC and King of Prussia...along with ECG I believe are going to be there.

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

13. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    I would be very interested in going...

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I would really like to go myself...the only problem is getting there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.