main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA John Williams Saturday, August 30

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Final count for the IEFF is 20.

Thanks for doing all this, VK!!

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Good lord maybe John Williams should do a private show for us. This turnout will be fantastic!

3. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    VK

I know that I am running late with this request....

LU.nners would like to request 16 tickets.

Thanks for taking care of this!!!

4. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Hi ValedaKor,
    Please count us in:
    ~JM
    ~RS
    and
    ~A
    Thanks for doing this! :)

5. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    TG I checked the Board as I was waiting for the Group Ticket office to pick up their phone, or I would have missed these last numbers!

I have reserved 90 tickets (yes, you read that right) at the Hollywood Bowl for Saturday, August 30 for John Williams. We have the first five rows of Section M1 and most of row 6 in the section (the best you can get for the "middling" price we pay -- see this link for a seating chart and the view). Simply put, we are right in the middle.

I will need payment by the first part of July. The Bowl is still finalizing the exact price for each ticket, but they will be real close to $25.50 each (yes, I believe it has gone up a dollar or so from last year). Don't worry about sending money right now; I won't get the invoice for another month or so. All I needed to do at this time is put the 30% deposit down; six weeks out, I pay the balance, which is "put up or shut up" time :).

We'll do the picnic thing ahead of time, of course. Hope everyone, as I am, is looking forward to another terrific concert at the Bowl!

6. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    VK1, you are the most awesome-est!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing you after so long. As per my previous PM, please let me know as soon as you need payment & the particulars.

7. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm sure the ticket person fell out of their seat when you requested 90 tickets. What did they say?

And again WHY OH WHY IS THIS THE SAME WEEKEND AS DRAGON CON ON THE ONE YEAR I DECIDE TO GO WE HAVE 90 PEOPLE!

8. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    She didn't seem fazed at all -- I think it's because people order a bunch of tickets for more than one concert, which probably adds up to a lot more than 90 overall. The good thing is that many tickets, she checked to make sure that the best section was available, which I appreciated!

9. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I can't for this concert again! I love a summer night with friends, lightsabers, and the awesome sound of an orchestra playing movies classics!

As always I'll bring my special beverage everyone seemed to like. Gonna pass on the Skywalker Ranch this year though. It's more of a dinner thing.

10. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    A very Large Huzzuh for VK, thank you for all your efforts and we are all looking forward to August even more now, Year 3 for me Yeah!!!!

11. BorriKuuaah

BorriKuuaah Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2006
    VK- I know I a little late but if by some chance 2 tickets open up, I am interested in attending. I went last year on my own but would love to sit with the group if possible. Thank you for organizing this and the effort!!!

12. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Thanks VK!!! Due to your efforts, our big ol' group will be all together this year. I really appreciate you doing this!

13. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    We'll see how it goes, BK. The concert is a long way away, there will probably be some extra tickets.

14. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Similarly, I'd like to get on a potential waiting list for this thing.... I didn't realise there was a thread for ticket requests themselves yet.

My defence - I'm in Europe

15. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001

LB

I had a feeling this would happen.......there are a few extra tickets available for
    the LUN group allotment.

16. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Woot, thanks JV

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, I have extras too for that reason. :p

18. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm going, so save a ticket for me.

19. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I saw video of John Williams on youtube from the Hollywood Bowl. It seems awesome. Any idea what he will be playing? List of tracks?

20. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    We won't know the exact titles until the evening of the performance. There will be a synopsis on the Hollywood Bowl website about a month or so out.

21. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    I wish I could remember them all from last year but most of the time he includes some of these: Jaws, Close Encounters, JP, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Superman as well as the SW Themes. Also he has had such diverse pieces as a Hitchkock Medly, Ben Hur, Robin Hood(Disney) and so many more, trust me you will not be dissapointed.

22. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Kristin and I would love to join you all again. We were planning to go to DragonCon, but we'd hate to miss another John Williams Hollywood Bowl experience.

Count us New Yorkers in for two tickets. :D

23. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    That's great news! It will be fun to see you two again!

24. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I'd love to go! I've gotta find some xtra money!

25. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, it figures.

I leave for Germany on August 28. :p

I'll still be in charge of the tickets; I'll just get the money to you early and see if someone can be a point-person for distrubuting the tickets.

(or if we get them early enough, I'll just hand/mail them out).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.