main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA John Williams Saturday, August 30

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    MK, I get the tickets about a month out, since I have to make the final payment six weeks in advance. That's also the cut-off for releasing tickets, if need be. After that -- no refunds.

2. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Just an update, so put this date on your calendars :): the tickets have to be paid in full by Friday, July 18. So watch this space around 1 July.

3. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Well, I'm looking forward to it, especially since I will get to see VK again and also, because I have never been to this concert before.

4. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    V you will not be dissapointed, this is my 3rd year and Mary's 2nd and we decided that we are going every year he will perform.

5. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey Val, it may be posted somewhere, so I apologize if I've just missed it, but did we get a final price per ticket? Is it $25? I'm starting to pester my group now so we won't have any last minute payments (good luck with that!).

Thanks!

6. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    VK just let me know as soon as you need payment from me and you will have it.[:D]

7. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yes, the ticket price is $25.00 each. If you want to start collecting, that's fine of course, but the Bowl does not require the money until six weeks in advance, which is why I was waiting on payment until around 1 July. Six weeks should be enough to tell if everyone's schedule is finalized and they know they can still go.

8. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Sweet! Can't wait to see everyone again! VK, how've you been? PM me when you have some time.

9. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    It's time to send payment to the Hollywood Bowl for our tickets.

If you wish to use PayPal, each ticket is $26.00 each. If you just want to send me a personal check, it's $25.00 each. I will need payment in advance.

PM me to get my address and PayPal info -- I don't really want to post that here on the web.

I will need payment by FRIDAY, JULY 11.

Any questions, just let me know.

Thanks!

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Please note that I have updated the first post in this thread to reflect the people who have paid. For everyone else -- still need your money by July 11th, thanks!

11. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I will be happy to call JJ and the sisters to remind them.

12. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    VK2, I already talked to the sisters and they're going to pay sometime this week.

13. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Thank you for the reminder VK and SJ. I've already pm'd Helen and will be sending her the payment this week. I'm so glad the concert is later in the month b/c I'm so busy in August it's just crazy, but it'll be nice to attend and enjoy his music. :D

14. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Last call for anyone who needs tickets. I would need the money in my PayPal account today.

15. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I have the tickets in hand. I will be handing them out on the night of the concert.

The plan is for us to meet in the same place we have always met, in The Plaza area, on the little grassy knoll LOL. I will be there as early as I can to secure "our" spot - that means around 4 PM. Anyone who wants to come early too, be my guest!

See you in a couple of weeks!

16. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Vk we will also be there early probably between 4-5pm.

17. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Needing to sell three tickets for the John Williams Concert.
    (Also posted this in the Inland Empire Thread)

I just received word about 1/2 hour ago, that our Uncle (who already lost one kidney to cancer), had just underwent exploratory surgery, where they found cancer in the remaining kidney, in the bladder, and an anurysm on the aorta. Since he will be going in for 2, possibly three major surgeries this week, I am having to bow out of the John Williams Concert, as I just don't feel comfortable being that far away.

So, Jos, Carolyn, and myself need to sell our tickets. I bought all three of them, and Rachel was payed for them. If anyone can use them, please let me know, right now I can't remember what the cost was... If Rachel (Miana Kenobi) could let me know that would be great.

If someone would like them, please pm me and I'll get you my PayPal.

Also, any and all prayers would be appreciated...We lost his sister approximately one month ago to cancer, and received word this morning that his nephew (who also has cancer), is in final stage with Hospice present and we are just waiting "the call." Now, to have this happen...It is just overwhelming at the moment.

Thanks so much,

Kim and Jos

18. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    K & J I am so sorry to hear about your uncle our prayers are with you through these most difficult times, Mary and I fully understand what you are going through, since that is how we lost her mother. I will mention the availible tickets on a few other SW Forums and see if we can't find a home for them. May the Force be with you both during these trying times and challenges you have yet to face.[:D]

19. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    So sorry to hear about your troubles...

The tickets are $25 each.

I'll ask Emily with liningup.net if there's anyone over there who would like the tickets.

20. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Thank you so much for your support, for both our family and trying to find a home for the tickets.

It's really appreciated.

Kim and Jos

21. SoccerRyot

SoccerRyot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2007
    I am in need of one ticket. Is there one still available?

22. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Yup..PM sent!

23. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Miana Kenobi might have one for you. I found out that the other two went to someone else, and I did't realize it when I answered you. I'm sorry.

Thank you to everyone who helped out, and sent postive thoughts. My Uncle is in a "get 'er done." attitude right now, and is actually holding up better than the rest of us. But, we appreciate the support so very much.

Thanks Again!!

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Like Kim said, one of my guys might be backing out, so if he does, I will let you know. :)

25. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Who's attending this in costume?
    Who's bringing a light saber?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.