main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Enter the Episode IX Treatment Contest! Details here!

3. A Rule For Everyone To See:

The New Films staff strive to create a fun and welcoming environment for all users. This forum is a place for discussing the films, which means that you think the films are worth discussing. Constructive criticism (as deemed by the moderating staff) is welcome and encouraged. Bashing of any kind will not be tolerated anywhere outside The Sanctuary thread. See the new rules thread here. Bans can and will be handed out to anyone who doesn't abide by the forum rules.

Discussion Official Info John Williams To Score Episode IX

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode IX - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth_Articulate, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    IX will be his last Star Wars, but perhaps not his last film.

2. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Indy 5 is still on the schedule and there still can still be a surprise non-Spielberg/StarWar assignment (2013's The Book Thief and 2017's Dear Kobe).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  3. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Howard Hand and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  4. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 5

Mar 30, 2014
    I have been assuming for a time now that his last score will be Indy 5 in 2020.

The Maestro will end his career close to 90 year old. Which is nothing but spectacular.

At the end of the day, if Lucas is the father of SW, JW is the mother IMO.

sethg and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  5. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Force Ghost star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    John Williams, to me, is the glue that holds the saga together. It was his scores that kept a spark of interest in Star Wars alive for me when I really wasn’t feeling TFA or TLJ, but now I’ve made my peace with both of those films and look forward to Episode IX as much as his final Star Wars score. I agree with him that completing the nine film saga is important, but it’s also enough.