main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA John Williams Transportation

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Keiran_Horn, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    I was just looking at the maps, and the Chatsworth Park & Ride is actually about the same distance, or at least driving time, from me as Sherman Oaks (36 minutes to both). On the other hand, Chatsworth lists 6 departures, while Sherman Oaks only has two.

Summary of transportation so far:

Zaranne & hubby: have car plus room for 2
    GentleBant & hubby: have car plus room for 2
    Réka: has car plus room for 3
    Keiran & Mom: have car plus room for 3
    YoungJedi: needs a ride
    marmekecam: [color=maroon][b]???[/b][/color]

Not counting Mystery Guy (aka Matt), this is 17 spaces for 8 people. Obviously, we need to work on this some more. :)

2. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Matt has a car that can barely fit him (which is saying something).

3. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    YJ - My mom and I can give you a ride there and back. :)

We should all finalize how we are all getting there, and what shuttle thing we are all going to use also.

4. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
  5. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Me, Kelsey and Deanna (Kai's GF) are all riding in my car. We're all fairly small so I think we'll fit. We MAY be able to squeeze one more in.

6. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
  7. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Anyone know what time they're leaving?

8. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Sounds like I'm going with the wind here, so no.

9. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    I'm drifting towards leaving my house at 4:45, just so I have enough time to pick up YJ and still make the 6:05 or 6:10 bus from Chatsworth.

10. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I feel bad with you guys having to back track for me though. I'll see if there's a way I can get to your house.

11. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Just counting how people best fit in cars, maybe GentleBant and Zaranne ought to join forces, and I could join YJ in getting a ride with Keiran & Mom. That could take care of the backtracking problem, too, since I could pick up YJ and drive both of us to Keiran's house. Marmekecam seems to be in a full car already.

I would suggest that everyone aim to be at the Chatsworth Park & Ride by 6:00 p.m. at the very latest. (Marmekecam, for you this means aim for 5:00 p.m. at the very latest. [face_devil]) Then, as soon as everyone arrives, we could take the first bus that has room.

What to bring:
    • Binoculars or opera glasses

• Food

• Star Wars props, if desired. Just don't bring the expensive stuff -- too much opportunity for it to get lost or damaged.

• A sweater, just in case

• A cushion for your seat, if you don't want to sit on a hard bench all night

• Money for the bus

• ID (YJ, this goes especially for you!)

• Dunno what else...

12. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Oh crap, ID? Uhh, be back later!

13. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    That sounds like a great plan, Reka! GB, what do you think? We'd love to share a ride, since it would make things less complex in the long run.

14. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Zar, where should we meet?

Also, to figure into planning, we need to meet Lord Jedi outside between 6:45 and 7:00.

Did we all want to have dinner somewhere at about 5:00?

15. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    GB, hmm...first who's driving, you or me? If you, then I would suggest coming to our house, then we can continue up the 26 to the 118 then over to Chatsworth.

If I'm driving, then I'm stumped, we could meet you guys at say Borders in TO...

What do you think?

As for dinner, are we planning on when we get to Hollywood? I'm kinda confused by all the times... :confused:

16. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    The 6:00 p.m. meetup time wouldn't really allow for dinner. Anybody know any restaurants in/around Chatsworth? We could change the time to 5:00 p.m. and plan to have dinner together before it's time to catch the bus. (Problem is, if we wanted to eat closer to home, it would have to be way too early to call it dinner, and we'd all be starving by the time the concert started.)

Gentlebant, I think the Chatsworth bus gets to the bowl in about 30 minutes, so as long as we catch the 6:05 or 6:10, we can meet LordJedi without any trouble. The 6:30 would be cutting it a bit too close for comfort, though, so people need to be on time tomorrow.

YJ, could you PM me your address/directions? I know how to get to Keiran's place, but I only have a vague idea of which city you live in.

17. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    I just looked, and there's an IHOP about three blocks down the street from the Park & Ride (which is at the train station, as far as I can tell).

International House of Pancakes
    21103 Devonshire St, Chatsworth, CA 91311
    Phone: (818) 700-8398

18. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I PMed you. :)

19. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Hmmmm.....never been all that fond of IHOP for anything but breakfast...

I'll do research when I get home.

5:00 dinner wouldn't be all that bad, especially if we all bring snacks to share for the concert.

20. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    If you're not gonna be able to make it to the bowl until 7pm, just make sure I know. I don't mind waiting outside the bowl for people if I know what time they'll be there. Remember, the concert doesn't start until 8:30. OCFF will be there by 6:45, 7 at the latest, but that's because I'm paranoid :) Once everyone's there and in their seats, I'll be able to relax :p

21. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Hmm, I'm more confused now than I was before. ;)

Dinner sounds fine. I am game for anything. Just let me know by tomorrow morning if you are bringing YJ to my house Reka. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.