Abq John Williams tribute - NM Symphony

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Wook, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    In case anyone is interested, the NM Symphony Orchestra is performing a tribute to John Williams along with other movie soundtracks. Perfomance is Saturday, April 5th.

Here's the link to the website if you want to order tickets. (Student tickets are $8!!)

I am going for sure, so let me know if you're interested and maybe we could do dinner and the symphony! (Good for racking up good culture points!)
    :)
    NMSO tickets
  2. debeautimous Jedi Padawan

star 4
  3. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    thank you for posting this Wook! I plan on going but the problem is do we want to try to sit together? Yea or Ne? Either way I should be good just wanted to get an idea.

When we figure I will be buying my ticket-most likely from the cheap seats Balcony 4 or 3...
  4. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Guess if we get a head count early enough we can try to get seats together. I have a voucher for tickets I have to take to the box office to redeem on March 14th. I could go ahead and get the tickets then if we have a list.
  5. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    okay that sounds like a plan if you don't mind. You can count me in for one ticket.

I will call Padawan and see if she wants to go.
  6. debeautimous Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey do we dress up for this??
  7. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am guessing it is probably dressy casual. Nice clothes but not cocktail or formal dress.

I am thinking like I would wear a nice dress or skirt and sweater/shirt set.
  8. Lorithavon Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey do we dress up for this??

Does this mean I should get my Jedi Clothes pressed?

-lor
  9. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    if you really want to I say go for it......

I am just excited I may just go all out!
  10. Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am sure I can talk the wifey into this....It would be a great to meet up for this....perhaps go out for some social drinks afterwards????
  11. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am up for hanging out afterwards but I won't drink-long drive home afterwards...

Any ideas on where we want to sit. I am all up for the very top nose bleed rows bascailly due to the fact that they are cheap (and i can be too at times) and with a symphony you don't really need to see anything...

man, still have make calls..
  12. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Bumping up...Anybody else in? I may try to buy tickets this weekend, so if we want to sit together, I can (try) to buy them all at once. I'm shooting for the $15-21 seats (balcony)
  13. debeautimous Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wook give me a call so I can get the money to ya!
  14. skyra Jedi Youngling

star 3
    This sounds cool! I'm pretty sure I could swing it. Is it in the evening on that Saturday? I work until 6pm!
  15. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    it starts at 8pm and it is a saturday! I hope you can make!
  16. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    wook, if you are still going to get the tickets.... can you pick me up 3. i haven't been able to get ahold of padawn yet and if anyone else who can't it to the board needs a ticket I will have 2 extras. I will pay you next time i see you or we can set up a time to meet and i can give you cash.
  17. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ok Varza - I've got you down for 3.

I think what I will do today is at least get Varza's (3) and mine (2). The box office says there are still plenty of available seats in the balcony, so I can post the section and rows in case anyone else want to buy them later, or I'll go down there again on Monday.

Deb - how many did you want?

Skyra - let me know if you want me to get them for you...it would be great if you could make it.

Don't worry about the $ right now...we can settle up later.
  18. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    veyr cool! thanks wook!
  19. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I've got five tickets so far ....

Balcony PP seats 202-206. As of Friday, there were still seats available in that row and rows around there. The lady at the boxoffice did say that she expected ticket sales to pick up starting on Monday, so if anyone else is interested, let me know sooner than later.

:)
  20. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    very cool...

Thank you again Wook I really appreciate it.
  21. skyra Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I am sorry I didn't get back to this sooner, but I have been out of town and sick with the flu as well. If anyone has an extra ticket let me know and I'll bring the cash on Sunday.
  22. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    skrya... i had wook pick me up 2 extra tickets, you can have one but wook won't be there sunday... we can figure it out later... I havent' paid for them yet either.
  23. varza Jedi Padawan

star 4
    so what are the plans for meeting up next week?
  24. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Do you guys want to meet for dinner sometime before? The concert starts at 8, so if we wanted to eat, we should probably meet about 6 or so....any ideas? There's some pretty good restaurants near Popejoy (no I'm not suggesting the Frontier..although there's nothing wrong with it ;))
  25. Lorithavon Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm not going to the concert but if you guys are looking for a place to eat near by Saggio's is pretty good. And right across the street from Popejoy. They also have no popejoy parking signs, but if you eat there first, I don't think they'll mind

-lor
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.