main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion John Williams Wants to Score Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Palpatine2016, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    If John Williams wants to do Star wars again J.J. needs to bow down and say thank you. As long as Williams is willing and able there can be no other.

Seagoat likes this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    YAY! :D

While I really doubt anyone is going to say "No John WIlliams, you can't score the new Star Wars" it's not actually Official Info until Disney/LFL says he is scoring.

3. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Please, please do it John! He is film music!

4. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    Even if this movie ends up flopping with critics and fans alike, you can pretty much guarantee that at least the OST will be incredible. PT haters even have to admit that John Williams work on the prequels is fan-freakin-tastic.

5. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    In light of this news, JJ will be making a very awkward phone call to Michael Giacchino.

"Hey bro, look...I know I said you could score Episode 7 and I know you're super excited about it, but...."

Lord Optimus and Darth Claire like this.
  6. BantuWind

BantuWind Jedi Master

Nov 1, 2012
    I can't stop thinking about this and how severely disappointed I'm going to be if he gives it to Giacchino. I can't name a single memorable tune from his scores. I'd seriously consider not seeing the movie. I'm on the edge until Disney/LFL confirm his involvement.

Seagoat likes this.
  7. SamiS

SamiS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    Awesome.

8. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    James earl Jones and Williams are together 160 years old... [face_plain]

9. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    How about we stop killing off the people originally involved in the OT before they are actually dying? If John Williams and the others are interested in being involved than they know best if they are up to the task. Just because someone isn't 21 years old doesn't mean they are incapable of performing and doing it with style. If they are involved and one doesn't like the idea or are afraid of their ages, well, nobody is forcing anyone to go to the movies. People live beyond the age of 45 nowadays believe it or not. :rolleyes:

And JJ isn't the be all end all of who is involved and who isn't. He is the director, not the Maker or the Maker's successor. So, my opinion is that he gets a vote, but only one.

KED12345 and Artoo-Dion like this.
  10. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I see two schools of thought:

1) Star Wars just isn't Star Wars without a Williams score.

2) These new films won't really be Star Wars in the super-traditional sense. They will be something new... a reboot(ish). So perhaps a slightly new angle on the music would not be such a bad idea.

KED12345 likes this.
  11. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I agree that we may have a new twist. As mentioned in another thread, Williams may need to have someone to collaborate with on the score, given his age. ( 81 years). This may produce a new angle to the music. However, the central elements must remain or it simply will not be Star Wars.

Seagoat likes this.
  12. DarthLazious28273

DarthLazious28273 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2013
    It wouldn't be the same without John Williams in a Star Wars movie.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I would actually enjoy seeing someone else take it on. Not that I don't want Williams, he's great, but I feel like the music makes the mood of the film...and I definitely want to see these with a bit different mood than the others.