main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Williams scored TFA - incl. Soundtrack discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Vastor, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    That's ok... "there is another...":
    [​IMG]

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Now I'm really glad that I didn't see the original image.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  3. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    It was of Lando rapping, and it was glorious beyond measure.

4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    As long as his bro Mace gets in on dis here shizzle

5. Son of a Bith

Feb 28, 2013
    That's racist: Mace likes classical music and Enya. ;) j/k

Seagoat likes this.
  6. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Meh. I wanted Michael Nyman [face_devil]

7. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Funny that EXACT thing popped into my mind when I saw that video yesterday- he's saying this at a Trek event! And right when the new movie came out, truly hilarious.

That would have been a huge fail to have anyone else do the music for SW.

8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope John Williams doesn't re-use themes like that one guy whose name rhymes with Schmoward Schmore.

9. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Here's some of John Williams more recent works, defiantly still has kick.

10. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't know why people have been thinking just because John Williams is 80, that he is put out to pasture. People do live beyond that. It may seem like he isn't scoring many movies lately other than Spielberg's films, but Spielberg has been working a lot in the past several years. Other than those, just what would he have scored in the past few years?

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My grandfather lived to be 89, and was playing 18 holes of golf up until a couple of months before he died, despite having pancreatic cancer. I'm not worried about Mr. Williams.

markdeez33 and FRAGWAGON like this.
  12. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    At first I read the thread title as 'JJ Abrams is going to score his Star Wars movie'.

Good news.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nah, he's just going to take it to third base.

14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    It IS a Disney movie, after all. :)

15. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Happy to hear he's doing it! This will hold me over for a few days. I'm not worried about his health, it's not like he needs to be out doing stunts. He just needs to make beautiful music and of that, I have no doubt that he will. :D

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    He should have a stunt musician for all of the action sequences.

17. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    More like a bowl :)

18. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    This makes me so happy.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I am crying tears of joy and can no longer see due to blurred vision. Damn you John Williams.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. TheWolfmanGuitarist

TheWolfmanGuitarist Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2013
    If he's in, I cannot wait to hear what new themes he comes up with! Always a pleasure hearing John Williams' scores!

21. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    THANK. GOD.

I had participated in the discussions regarding who should score this and I went to bat pretty strongly for Michael Giacchino... but all of that was based on one assumption: Williams would not return. If Williams was able to go, by all means, he should be scoring the movie. There's really no other option with Williams able to go. He is the greatest composer in movie history of the last 40+ years, perhaps of all of movie history. He is right there with people like Jerry Goldsmith, Ennio Morricone, and Elmer Bernstein.

22. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Best damn news I've got all week (since my Knicks are currently on the way to choking to the Celtics, fingers crossed they don't). John Williams is going to be MAGNIFICENT. Kudos for JJ for realizing that John is a HUGE piece to the puzzle in Star Wars films. When they do standalone films, then they can discuss different composers.

23. markdeez33

Jan 25, 2013
    Williams can make it to 89! And well past it! My grand dad lived to be 88, and was building decks and furniture at age 86!! He would've probably lived to 90-95 had he gone to the doctor about his heart issues, but he waited too long, a bit stubborn in his old age. But just saying, he made it to 88, and virtually did any and everything he ever wanted. And he didn't have a lot of money. A guy like John Williams, who has a rather sizable bank account, can afford the proper doctors, health care, nutritionists, and medication to stay healthy well into his 90s. I'm pretty sure he will live a good while longer, and be able to complete his work for the next trilogy. Here's hoping!

24. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    GREAT news, the Sequel trilogy feels very real now. I hope John William will make the musics of all 3 films but he is getting older and it is not a certainty. In any way, he is there for Episode VII and that's awesome. It seems that all the ingredient for a good film are there for E. VII: A good director, John William, the big three, George Lucas as consultant... It's real!!!

Seagoat likes this.
  25. markdeez33

Jan 25, 2013

Absolutely perfect in every way. What MADE Lincoln for me, was John Williams' score. It was a good film, but the #1 reason I watched it was for the score. I knew John Williams would bring out the BANGERS for it. He never ceases to impress.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.