main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Williams scored TFA - incl. Soundtrack discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Vastor, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    Oh man, this is properly exciting. It's really about to happen now!

And for what it's worth, that seems legit to me. My main contention would be that it's a lot of tracks - either a lot of them are super short or this is going to be 90 minutes plus which is a rare thing. Could even be a complete score from the looks of it.

So so so excited. A new score at last! I can't bear the tension!

2. Lawrence Futol

Lawrence Futol Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2013
    The track for music of the motorcycle chase in INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE was titled "Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra"(A scherzo btw is defined as: "a vigorous, light, or playful composition, typically comprising a movement in a symphony or sonata.") So we can expect the cue for the X-Wing battle to have a fun and jaunty feel like:

3. ledzepfilm

ledzepfilm Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 30, 2015
    Going with what another user said above, Amazon leaked some of the track listings for the Led Zeppelin Remasters Companion Discs a few days before they were announced, so I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be legit.

4. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I think the track list is fake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    "Torn Apart"... Either that refer to Maz's castle getting obliterated or Han dies a more painful death than we thought :kylosaber:

dekaneas likes this.
  6. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    More seems to point towards it being real.

7. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    The one thing that makes me raise an eyebrow is the fact that there's an Indiana Jones nod in the tracklist. That pings as something a fan possibly might write as a fake-out title instead of Williams. If it is true, however, the X-Wings will be flying to a jaunty tune. This probably hints what kind of sound might become Poe's leitmotif.

That and the fact that what is presumably a reworking of "Han Solo and the Princess" is now titled "Han and Leia" instead.

There has to have been some super secret scenes that weren't included in the script that the majority on set had access to. Luke's material seems to have been the top secret stuff and yet this tracklisting is more supportive of him being a cameo. SW's top secret scenes not in the accessible script tended to relate to "No, I am your father." and the brother/sister type reveals in the past. There's got to be something a bit more to Luke's role than him being a hermit on Skellig Michael.

Rey's abduction happening right before Han and Leia get their personal moment points to them most likely being the parents. Probable confirmation with that ordering.

And IF there's a death scene (with most betting on it being Han), it's Torn Apart. Though the crying scene is not Han's snow jacket or even his dark brown leather jacket, but Finn's light brown leather jacket with Chewie in shot.

"Torn apart" is also a term that often applies to families, not just gruesome deaths. Father/daughter with Han/Rey might have even more legs with that title. She finds her family, only to lose some of it not long after.

ElizaD likes this.
  8. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    I believe that Rey's theme has already been heard partially in the trailers. At the beginning of this:

9. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    There are several things that make me weary of this track list. There being a track for Snoke but not for Kylo Ren, Finn not having a dedicated track, a march for the resistance rather than the First Order and having another track for the X-Wings, and some of the goofier track titles like "That Girl with the Staff" and "The Rathtars!". There are also far more tracks than usual for a Williams score.

10. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    Between "Scherzo" and "Main Title And," however, this smells like a fan creation. "Scherzo" is ripped from LC and "Main Title And" is ripped from Phantom Menace "Main Title and The Arrival at Naboo"

11. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Is that track list absolutely legit??? 23 friggin' tracks !!!!! :eek:=P~=D=[face_party]:D[face_dancing]

The only thing ....Snoke as a track title??? So is Snoke as legit of a name as Rey????

12. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Not sure, nothing official either way yet but edging nearer to legit

13. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    My money is it being about the planet.

Import_Jedi and light_sabe_r like this.
  14. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    The only thing that makes me scratch my head is the fact that this track listing seems to go in direct order of MSW's spoilers. Not saying MSW has been wrong, but I wouldn't think the track list and order would step directly in line with it. There are exceptions though. The "Scherzo for X-Wings" sounds different as does "The Rathtars". Assuming this IS true, the Rathtars are probably the freighter creatures.

15. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    the fact that names and titles aren't capitalized seems a little off. Unless that happens on Amazon a lot.

16. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Well tomorrow IS Black Friday so a LOT of people are going to be shopping Amazon!

17. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I thought about that. Seems kinda unprofessional.

Trikuza23 likes this.
  18. Darth Sater

Darth Sater Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    This seems fake. Not leaning toward legit at all. This looks like the track listing for kingdom of the crystal skull renamed for SW characters based on MSW summary. Not real at all.

19. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    A Resistance march but no First Order / Kylo Ren march or theme? That too struck me as a little odd.

Darth Sater likes this.
  20. -Redacted-

-Redacted- Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2013
    For what its worth, the Italy and Spain Amazon versions have the same listing.

Just putting that out there.

Now, if you'll excuse me I am going to imagine the force theme blasting during "Ways of the force" as Rey picks up the Blue Lightsaber and attacks Kylo Ren.

21. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Another thing is that usually scores have tracks in a order different than the order shown in the movie, to make them flow better as a complete soundtrack.

Plus on the prequel soundtracks Williams often had tracks that combined a couple different sections or themes together, often from different parts of the movie, that isn't' present in this track listing either.

22. Heads

Heads Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2015
  23. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Jeez can we have something from the US instead? :p

I am thinking that Best Buy or Target will have some free giveaways if you buy the SW Soundtrack.

24. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    The tracklist was taken down. I sort of hope it's fake as it somewhat disproves the much more appealing Making Star Wars score descriptions.

25. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    where are those descriptions, i'd like to re-read it all.

Also, the tracklist was probably taken down because its legit not because it's fake. It probably wasn't supposed to be shown off yet, so they made them take it down.

Chained Prometheus likes this.