main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

John Williams workout

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Krash, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Does anyone else listen to John Williams music while they are working out? Let me tell you, when you are tired and on your last set of bench-press or leg extensions, there is no way you'll quit with something like "Duel of the Fates" on your walkman.

Other recommendations for a workout:

"The Raiders March"
    "Airplane Fight"
    "Desert Chase"
    "The Great Battle Begins" TPM Ultimate Edition
    "The Battle of Yavin"
    "Chasm Crossfire" (my personal favorite)
    "Hyperspace" (good for tredmill or bike)
    "Sail Barge Assault"

2. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    I'll have to try it sometime :)

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I've gone running to DOTF before and I liked it. :) Definitely keeps you going. :)

But when I do my weight-lifting I always listen to the radio, I just don't like listening to CDs for some reason. :)

4. Ewan

Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 4, 1999
    I always listen to Duel of the Fates when I go jogging. The music often spurs me to daydream about Star Wars, which keeps me occupied :)

5. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    I do occasionally, but the trouble is, when I'm listening to Duel of the Fates, I always have a desire to suddenly start running up and down, waving a stick around, pretending it's a lightsaber. Can be rather embarrassing on the bus.

6. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    I think I worked out once...

7. pianoman02045

pianoman02045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Im always working out when i listen to JW music. That is my brain excersices while listening to the awesome chord progression..... hehehehe

8. Bossk_BountyHunter

Bossk_BountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 3, 2002
    Workout? I'm lazier than a Hutt.

9. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Trust me, listening to JW music gets you going. I mean if the Olympics wanted him to compose the music for the Slat Lake games, he must be doing something right.

10. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Never tried to work out to John Williams, I'll have to try that sometime.

John Williams music helps me write. Like reports and my fan fiction (Moulin Rouge is a good one to write my fan fic to. :D)

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "Moulin Rouge" is a good soundtrack, my sister listens to it before she goes to sleep (might have something to do with the idea of Ewan singing to her to sleeps...I don't know).

Most people try to have an "intense" workout, but I do better when I'm relaxed. So today I was listening to "Yoda and the Force" while at the gym. I've even recited Yoda wisdom to myself. Put adding more weigh in prospective when you look at it from that "judge me by my size to you" line.

((smacks upside the head)) I can't believe I misspelled Salt(Slat) Lake. that has to be the typo of the week :(

12. Zephyr Xux

Zephyr Xux Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 14, 1999
    [face_laugh] No, but I will certainly try that tonight!

13. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    It may have been just the excitement of AOTC release, but I've been listening to the AOTC soundtrack at the gym. The arena battle, Coruscant chase, and Obi-Wan/Jango fight are good, but I like "Across the Stars" and "Yoda and the younglings."

Has anyone tried listening to JW/SW music while they workout since reading this post?What did you think?

14. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Krash:

I have tried working out to SW music in the past, but it has to be certain tracks. Anything slow and mellow (which I usually like) just doesn't work for pedaling real fast! But tracks like "The Asteroid Field", "Duel of the Fates" , "Sail Barge Battle" and "Zam and the Coruscant Chase" would be perfect on a CD to work out to. I think I'll make one tomorrow and let you know which ones I put on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.