main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Des Moi, IA Join the book club

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by unihawk, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Book 4 of Legacy is better than 2 or 3, but then I'm prejudiced to Allston :p

2. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Finished the Emperor's Plague, so I'll be able to give you back at least 2 of them friday. Should I read the Junior jedi knights, or just start into the NJO again? I've never read the JJK series, as I don't have nay of them, but I'm not sure how much they affect the NJO.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I don't think they affect it much, maybe give a little of Tahiri and Anakin's back story. Nothing you can't pick up from the NJO.

4. Gabrin_Kinoda

Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    You think so? I don't know...I didn't think Allston #4 felt like Allston #1. I think he's been spending too much time with Troy Denning. :)
    So, far I've liked Bloodlines best...but I'm a Traviss-freak myself!

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Dennings was rather dull to me, and I'm not a big fan of Traviss, Mandalorians (please don't kill me), or Fett so this last one was a breath of fresh air to me. Yeah it wasn't as good as the first one, but that was a hard cover and you expect more major events to happen there. Just my opinion though :)

Glad to see you hop in here, we need some more action! :D

6. Gabrin_Kinoda

Gabrin_Kinoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    Yeah, Troy tends to go a little overboard on the technical stuff. I couldn't even make it all the way through the Swarm War...((yawn)).

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Pure stubornness (sp) and hope are the only ways I made it. I had high hopes about the Padme side story, was sorely disappointed.

8. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Finished the JJk series. At least it gave some background on Tahiri. Well, now it's off to the NJO again. So long Chewie....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.