Join the Boston Rebels at Super Megafest, 11/20-11/21!

Discussion in 'York/lancaster, PA' started by starwarschick14, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hello everyone! Your CR tells me some of you may be interested in coming up to Boston in November for Super Megafest, a local con up here. This year there are three Star Wars guests: Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, and Phil Fondacaro. Through a combined effort on behalf of the Boston, RI, and NJ FFs, we are *thisclose* to bringing in Star Wars artist Joe Corroney as a guest as well.

It's not the biggest or greatest convention ever, but we're really growing and improving as a group while we fully take advantage of the opportunity. We're trying to get as many FFs as possible involved. We've never sponsored a guest before, so that's a big step up for us. We plan on promoting our FanForces and FanForce in general at a table that we raised money to pay for ourselves. We also plan on raising money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation by raffling off some baskets of Star Wars stuff, put together by our group.

Most of all what we're looking forward to is spending lots of time with friends that we don't get to see as often as we'd like. If any of you could join us for the weekend, that would be great! :)

Our official planning thread is here, should you care to drop by. ;)

EDIT: By the way, if not enough of you are able to go and split costs for a hotel room, I believe some members of the Boston and RI FFs are capable of hosting a guest or two for a couple nights. If you require such an arrangement, please PM me or post in our planning thread and I'll try my best to figure something out for you. :)
  2. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the invite, Roseanna! I know that I will be trying to make it. It sounds like a lot of fun!

I looked it up on the 'Net and it's about a 6 hour drive from here. So, if anyone else from here is wanting to go, we could hook up and share driving, gas, and maybe lodging.
  3. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Like I said above, we're putting together a basket of Star Wars stuff to raffle off for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Some people are donating their extra stuff, and some are buying small items. If you guys have anything you want to contribute to our basket, let me know! It would be much appreciated. :)
  4. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Roseanna, let me take a look, I am sure I must have some things I can send you. Do you want figures?
  5. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Figures definitely work, especially if they're still in original packaging and in good shape! :) Thanks for looking! If you do find some stuff to send, PM me if you need my address again. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.