Syra, NY Join us at S/F Con in Sept.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master

star 4
    If anyone will be attending the Slanted Fedora Convention here in Rochester in September, please consider helping us with the Fan Force table at some point during the day. Please visit our forum and read under

S/F Con. Costume Social and Attendance????

Please post when you will be attending. Saturday will be a problem because of the Niagara Grape and Wine Festival being the same day. We need to see how many, if any, Fan Force members will be able to help out on Sat. We need to decide soon if we will have a table for Sat. or not. Also we will need help on Sunday with hosting the costume Social. See Threads on our Forum for more info or PM me. Thank you.
  2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master

star 4
    If anyone would like to Attend the Rochester Slanted Fedorah Convention in Sept. on Sunday, and would like to help out with the Fan Force table and/or the costuming social we are planning, please PM me so we can see how much suppport we can expect. This will help us plan better. You do not have to have a costume.

At this point our plans for the event are as follows. Any Questions or ideas please post in our Costume Social Planning thread.

This is the state of the costuming social at this point. It will be hosted by the Rebellion, the Rochester Fan Force Chapter. We will be joined by members of the Rebel Legion, 501st StormTrooper Legion, other Fan Force Chapters, along with any other RF people that would like to participate or help out, with or without a costume. The costuming social will be on Sunday. I am not sure when. Hopefully at a time that will not conflict with other major interests of the day. The concept of this event is to encourage more attendees to come in costume and to get them all together at one point. It is also an event that will encourage more interaction between attendees. This is not only for Costume fans but everyone. It will be an interactive event for all. There will be Costume fans of different types there to show off their stuff and to talk about the hobby, weather they make their own, or know how to get it. There will also be costume props, as well as material and fabric samples on display. There will be plenty of general Costuming and Costuming group information on hand. It is to support and Promote Fandom Costuming in general although Star Wars and Star Trek at this point is the majority. Anything goes as long as its Family Friendly. I would like to promote this event in more detail starting soon on the S/F site but first we have to make sure we have enough support and have a good idea of what we will be working with. If we promote it well enough hopefully there will be a nice variety of costumes and a good turn out.
  3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone going to be coming to this on Sunday? Please let me know ASAP. Post or PM me, thanks. Also remember you do not need a costume to help out if you want to.
  4. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a bump to see if anyone is coming Sunday.
  5. Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 2
    What day is it on exactly? I probably won't be able to make it, but I was curious.

-K
  6. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    The whole convention runs from Sept 24th-26th, but the Costume Social will only be on Sunday the 26th.

The FanForce breakfast with Jeremy Bulloch that we're trying to plan will also be on Sunday. Although I haven't heard back from Dave Scott (the promoter of this con) to see if we'll be able to have Jeremy join us for sure or not yet. Although, either way I figured we could still have a FanForce breakfast.

I hope some of you folks are able to make it out! We could really use the support.

~Doc_Bev
  7. Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I might be able to make the Sunday
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.