main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Join us at the 2nd annual Chicago Force BBQ!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    On Saturday, August 2nd, we will be having our annual bbq at my house in Streamwood. Where else can you kick back and eat grilled animals, knock off some brewskies, and bask in the geekiness of fellow Star Wars fans.

If you're not familiar with the suburbs, I'm about 15 minutes west of Woodfield Mall and also close to the suburban book club in Schaumburg. If you'd like to attend, feel free to email me at jodokast74@comcast.net for directions and to RSVP.

Further details will be coming along soon.

Mark

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Sorry to be a US Govt Giver, but I have a rendezvous at the Mon Calamari that I didn't know about.

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I am absolutely, 100% going to be there! :D There's no way I'm going to miss it. :D

Believe it or not, this was going to be my first Chicago Force meet when you had it last year, Mark, but nooooo, I had to wait all until just this past April to come! :mad:

Ah well, we've got some good stalker stories instead. ;)

Anyways, like I said, I'm definitely gonna be there! :D No doubt about it. :D

P.S. Oh, and Mark, since I've been telling all my friends about how much fun and stuff I have at the CF meets (and most of them in turn call me a nerd :p ), Ryan Herlihy (your neighbor) says he think it'd be fun if he stopped by for a while if that was okay with ya, of course. So, is that alright with ya? :)

4. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    *stands by side of road with thumb out*
    I need a ride.
    anybody? :(

5. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, where do ya live? I know exactly how to get there (my friend lives next door to Mark), so depending on where you are, I could give you a lift (or anyone for that matter! :D )

6. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    Way out of your way, Sithy, southside of Chicago.

7. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    As far as I know, Mary, I am still on for the BBQ. Just let me know where to pick you up.

8. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Aight, sorry Amber, I was just offerin'. :)

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I just sent an ominous PM to Mark just now...

[face_mischief]

10. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    omnious

Is that like omnipotent? or omniscient?

:p

edit: Wait, I know -- he must have meant omnivorus!!!

:p :D

I'll try to be around for that weekend as well. Two of my players are in an all-star game at Miller Park (no, there won't be a tie :p) on Sunday the 3rd, so maybe I'll just get a hotel room for the night and save some extra driving.

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    NERD. Stop correcting my mistypes! :p

Oh, and I guess Mark didn't even get my message. :p But I saw his garage door open for a while! [face_shocked] (What could this mean?)

12. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    Hazmatt, you have a PM

And Sithy, thanks for the thought anyway.

13. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Ok, a few more details.....

At the BBQ, we will provide the basics(meat, buns, chips) but if anyone can bring a dish to share with the rest would be greatly appreciated. So far on the menu, I'll be making chicken, burgers, and some weiners.

And don't forget that kids are more than welcome, as are spouses and such.

Mark

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Mark: I've got this really awesome chip dip that I usually bring to these kinds of things... Would ya like me to make a dish and bring it?

15. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Sure, that'll be great. 'Course, if it's that liver and spam dip that you've raved about, maybe not.

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Hahahaha! [face_laugh]

Yeah yeah, I never raved about such a dip. :p

Anyways, cool! I'll bring it then! (I'll bring chips too, of course, for dipping in the dip. :) )

17. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Ooh, sounds interesting. I'm gonna try see if the day is free and if I can borrow my mom's car. :)

18. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    You know, Flame, I went to your info for the first time like 3 days ago, and I saw you were from Chicago!

I'm like "Dude! A prominent JCer like her hasn't been to a CF meeting ever? Whaaat?" I was actually gonna PM you this week and tell you to post in here.

Cool!

19. FlamingSword

Jun 4, 2001
    I actually joined the JC because I attended a Chicago Force meeting in May '01 and they mentioned the JC. I remembered I had meant to sign up months before that and promptly went home and signed up several days later.

Unfortunately, I haven't been to a single meeting since. I do get the Chicago Force Newsletter (since the beginning practically) and do intend to keep coming to one event or another, but keep forgetting.

But now I'm meaning to attend more often. Let's hope nothing gets in the way. :p

20. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Aww, well, here's a little encouragement then:

BE THERE OR ELSE YOU ARE MY NEXT STALKING VICTIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

21. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Couple more things.....

I forgot how much of a hit the arrechera was last year that I'll be including it in this year's menu. To those who don't know what that is, it's skirt steak marinated in different spices and beer. YUMMY!!!

Also, I forgot that this will also be Game Board night later that day. So come test your skills in SW Trivial Pursuit or conquer the galaxy in SW Monopoly, or whatever other games may show up.

Mark

22. FlamingSword

Jun 4, 2001
    You're on Sithman. Barring disease, car trouble, and anything else unforseen, I'll be there. So hold off on the stalking till after the event. [face_devil]

23. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    For those still at a loss of what to bring, the usual BBQ stuff is the best, such as cole slaw, potato salad, beans, etc. Just list here what you will bring so we don't get too many repeats.

Mark

24. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Alright, well, like I already stated:

Dip and chips.

:D

25. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I`ll see if I can make it

Thread Status: