main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Join us at the 2nd annual Chicago Force BBQ!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Sounds good, Autobot. Fruit salad it is. :)

I have no pref, TAUNTAUN since I probably won't be drinking beer. :p

2. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I am partial to Corona but any beer but Old Style will do.

Even Duff.

Oh yeah, if anyone has a Hawaiian shirt, feel free to wear it to the party.

Mark

3. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    Sorry that you haven't found a lift out there Amber.

If you do find a way to the burbs, I'm still happy to give you a lift home.

4. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Looks like I do have a way out there, a ride home will be much appreciated. Thanks.

5. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Well, I hope everyone that is coming has RSVP'd by now cause little 'ol me is off to bed.(Yes, some people have to work tomorrow.)
    If you still need directions, try emailing someone that has them already or wait till I get home tomorrow at 11.

Cya'll tomorrow.

And bring your appetite.......

Mark

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yup, I'll be there! :)

I really hope we have good weather! :(

7. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Sithy, we had bad weather last time, and still we had a rockin' good time. I am so pumped!

8. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Hmmm, well, then I hope it rains. :D

9. FlamingSword

Jun 4, 2001
    Hmmm, well, then I hope it rains.

Why?!

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, cuz Carrie (Autobot) said that last time it wasn't good weather and everyone had an awesome time, so I was just kind of saying I hope it rains because that means it'll be great. :D

Oh well, I'm talking myself into circles. ;)

You still showin' up? :p

11. FlamingSword

Jun 4, 2001
    Once I get my lazy self off this seat and make some fruit salad. Can't show up empty-handed. ;)

It does look like my brother's backing out. He might be tired from his 8 hour drive to and from Hillsdale, but that's no excuse!

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Wow! First off, I had an amazing time as always at Chicago Force events! :D You all ROCK! This was my (*counts in head*) 6th Chicago Force event since I came to the first one way back in March (3 book clubs, 2 collector's club, and here!), and I must tell you guys, everytime I go, I have the time of my life. :D I come home all amped up and razzed for Star Wars and stuff! I mean, I (well, all of us too, I'm sure) don't get to really just talk Star Wars or randomly quote Star Wars to people who'll actually get it very often, so to take a couple of hours out of my weekend ever week or so is just a BLAST to be able to hang with people that really love Star Wars as much as I do! :D Chicago Force is great, I [face_love] you guys. :D

From the BBQ yesterday, I want to thank...

[b]Dan[/b]: For letting me buy that Hoth Han off of him and for such an awesomely reasonable price! That was so cool of you, man, thanks a ton! He's already standing proudly with the rest of my (albeit, few) Hoth figures! :D Thanks a ton man! (BTW, it was great meeting your wife! Though, I must say, I hate seeing people as much in love as you too... Makes the single among us (that would be me :p ) quite lonely. [face_angry] :p )

[b][color=blue]Mos_Eisley_Radio[/color][/b] (Phil): For letting me buy the Silver Fett off of you!!! You rock, man! [face_grin] That was so cool of you to do that on such short notice and everything! Thanks a ton. I now have most of the "special" figures... [b]2[/b] Jorg Saculs, [b]1[/b] Silver R2-D2, and [b]1[/b] Silver Boba Fett!!! [face_grin] I love it! (Oh, and I was [i]1 question[/i] away from beating you, and therefore winning the game, in Trivia! I'll get you next time! ;) )

[b]JodoKast74[/b] (Mark): For hosting such an awesome BBQ! As you can see from how I started this post, I had a rockin' awesome time! Thanks a ton, my friend! Oh, and go easy on that machette next time you see me in the bushes, please. [face_shocked]
    [hr]

Also, yesterday, I had fun meeting the [i]other[/i] half of the Chicago Force that I don't hardly ever get to see (cuz you guys go to the city events mostly, and I go to the 'burbs ones, or something!)! There were a few people who I met for the first time simply because they were new, too!

[b][color=blue]Bosh_Talk[/color][/b] (Dave): Dude! You were awesome. [face_grin] LOL! For some reason, maybe just because of "online personalities" or something, I'd made you out as... I dunno, someone I didn't like, for some reason. [face_confused] But then, yesterday, when I basically met you for the first time, you were great!! I loved talkin' to ya and stuff, really easy to talk to! And you were [i]hysterical[/i]! Oh my goodness, lol, I was LOLing so much over there at stuff you'd say (like during the trivia game and stuff)! Even my friend who came and hung out there for a while (the one whose house I went to afterwards) said that you were hilarious, lol. [face_grin]

[b][color=red]Flaming_Sword[/color][/b]: Hey! You finally came, eh? [face_grin] It was great to have you there! Someone else with JC blood in their veins (everyone else is just fanforce ;) :p )! And, even if everyone, for some unknown reason, kept on giving you and your sister points you obviously did not deserve ( :p ) in the trivia game, I still consider you cool. ;) Anyways, you gotta keep comin' to meetings! It was a lot of fun having you there! (Oh, and as I write this looooong post, I [i]am[/i] saving it in a Wordpad! lol!
    [hr]

And, I wanted to ask [b]Thom_Solo[/b] (Thom), when're some of those pics gonna be online? I wanna see some of them, lol! Don't get rid of any! [face_shocked] I wanna see 'em! :-D
    [hr]

Well, that's all I really had to say, besides that I had a rockin' awesome time, everyone, it was great talking with you all!!!

P.S. My saber twirling is STILL better than you! ;) :p \\does an Evil Thom laugh\\ Mwuahahaha!

13. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    A great time to have been had yesterday. I need to apologize to everyone for taking an early retirement on Jodo's couch..but believe me it was the 3 hours sleep I'd gotten the night before, not the 3 Mudslides and single beer I drank. Ok, maybe a combination..but I felt like I was rather rude for disapearing.

I'm glad some of you found me entertaining. How am I funny, like a clown? What is so funny about me? What the %#@* is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny.
    Hopefully you'll feel the same when you're staring down the end of my barrel next month in Paintball.

14. FlamingSword

Jun 4, 2001
    It was a great BBQ. I had an awesome time and got to meet a lot of interesting (in a good way) people. So now that I've shown my face, I guess I can't hide anymore. ;)

So that's where you dissappeared to, Bosh_Talk. Next time come rested! And thanks for running the game of Trivial Pursuit. ;)

I hope Sithman enjoyed his game of monopoly and didn't follow me home so he could stalk yet another member of the Chicago Force. ;)

A big thanks to JodoKast74 for hosting it at his house and letting us have such a good time. :)

Unfortunately I don't remember everyone's names, or even their screen names. I sincerely apologize and hope you'll give me a chance to learn them all! :eek: :D

It was great meeting DarthJurist, Jedi Boy, Thom Solo, General Kenobi, Amber Eyes, AutoBot, TaunTaun, JodoKast, Sithman, and everyone else I forgot to mention!

15. TAUNTAUN_WE

TAUNTAUN_WE Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Just wanted to say it was great to see everyone again, and also great to meet those I hadn't met before.

And a very special THANK YOU to JodoKast74 for hosting the geekiest BBQ of the summer (and you know that's the supreme form of compliment around these parts).

I said it before after the line reunion party, and I'll say it again now. Anyone who just reads these posts and is nervous about meeting a bunch of strangers in person, take that first step and come on out to a CF event. There's something for everyone (book readers, collectors, RPGers). This is a great group!

PS - Sithman - great chip dip.

16. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Wow! What an awesome day! :D

It was really great to meet so many new folks, as well as to see those of you I already know. :)

Thanks again for hosting, Mark! :D

(And to top off a great day, I got a free surprise jacuzzi in my hotel room last night! :D)

17. Ortugg3

Ortugg3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    Big thank you to JodoKast and family for hosting a great event!
    I always have a good time hanging out with my CF buddies. I'm just sorry I had to leave so soon.

Another big thank you to Lt. Dak Ferris for snagging me a silver Boba Fett. You're awesome dude!

Favorite quote of the day: "Webbed feet!!"

18. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Thanks to everyone who made it out last night! It was great to see a lot of new or recent members such as FlamingSword, Rose, Gen. Kenobi, Sithman, Ortugg. Thanks to Jediboy for bringing the lightsabers, resulting in some hilarious duels.

I hope to see a lot of you at Wizard World next week and at Paintball next month.

Phil

19. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Just echoing what everyone else has been saying. Truly wonderful and fun event. The biggest THANK YOU has to go to Mark for hosting the big BBQ. That's a lot of work and he did it just 'cos he loves the CF. What a guy!

Kevin, you possess great skill! You need to dress up as a Jedi sometime and twirl your saber in a parade or something. You would be a crowd favorite. Sorry if all of the PDA between my wife and I got to ya. We are famous (or is it infamous?) for being very affectionate. We've been married for only 2 years (a couple for almost 5), so we'll probably slow down eventually.

As for you being lonely, just go for those hot older women at Harper College. It worked for me (as some of you who talked to my wife found out at the BBQ). Just start talking to a fine lady and if she shows any lack of interest just proclaim, "Hey baby, this is my Mack Daddy Vibe I'm giving you!"

OR

Just go with my man Lando Calrissian. Just hand her a can of some fine malt liquor and let her know, "Colt .45 . . . works every time."

OR

Watch some episodes of The Ladies Man from SNL. You can never go wrong with a bottle of Courvoisier and a lisp.

Man, I know so much I should start my own column.

20. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    I forgot two things:

1) Favorite quote, "I love canned peaches!" (At least, I think that was it)

2) Scott, was that a surprise jacuzzi or a surprise in the jacuzzi? What kind of hotel did you stay in anyway? Usually those kinds of hotels with extra "services" are only found in certain locations on the south and west sides of the city.

21. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    My favorite quote:

"I really think I should be wearing a helmet. I mean... I'm not a 'manly' man."

A quarter to the first person who remembers/guesses who said it. ;)

I also had a great time, it was nice to see everyone and meet some new people. :)

~H~

22. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    [face_laugh] @ Heather! It was great to finally meet you, btw! :) :D

Oh, and I'll take a wild stab at that quote, but I think I said it. ;) :p

Oh, and my favorite quote goes for...

"This is awesome, I actually have friends again, yay."

[face_laugh] I think it was the way it was said that cracked me up! [face_laugh]

23. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Aw, you guys beat me to those quotes, Dan & Kevin!

Especially the canned peaches one. [face_laugh]

No Dan, sadly the jacuzzi was empty when I arrived.

24. Eon-Wan-Mome_NT

Eon-Wan-Mome_NT Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2003
    I also had a great time. I look forward to hte next event that I can attend :)

- That other Dan. No not that 'Dan' This Dan :D

25. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Sorry I missed it...sounds like everyone had a great time....

so...who was the winner/winners of all the games?

.........and the mind reels at all the pranks you could have played on Bosh while he slept....
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.