main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Joining policy...

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by que4zone, May 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Ello everyone,

Since I have been doing the website thing, I have been receiving a plethora of Emails about joining. What are the requirements? No dues, right? What do I need to do? Must I come to all the meetings?.. etc, etc, etc..

Well, I was thinking this:
    - Join the 'Jedi Council Forums.'
    - Come to at least three meetings a year.
    - $2 membership fee ($1 for an official Wisconsin FanForce Badge, which I'm still working on / $1 to keep the website url and host)
    - Make friends and have a blast!

I'm all ears, so let me know what you think. Once we decide something, the better. It would make my job a little easier. Thanks! And I await your ideas and comments.

~Que

>>p.s. - for those of you that are new, please check out our Official Website: click here for www.wisconsinfanforce.org

2. Jedi_Bane

Jedi_Bane Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    sounds cool to me...

so would that be a $2 annual fee??

3. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    hmm.. Good question!.. Maybe ever year, or: $2 for the first year and then $1 for the rest.. Not sure though, something to discuss at a meeting..

>>p.s. - Jedi_bane, the url in your signature should read www.wisconsinfanforce.org, thanks.

4. Jedi_Bane

Apr 30, 2002
    DOH!!!!!

Thanx for pointing that out... lol

5. mirrax

mirrax Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm not sure if we can charge dues - we'd have to check the official policy. If we can't, maybe we just ask if everyone would like to contribute a certain amount toward the url - and don't forget, we will have some money from the t-shirts above and beyond the screen costs.

6. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Maybe we should get together as many people as possible and have a "Mission Statement" meeting to get some ideas down for things we want to do as a group, conventions we want to attend, membership fees we want to charge, etc.

I personally think we should charge a little more ($10/year) just to have a fund that's available for whatever reason.

We should also probably figure out what exactly the role of the president / vice-president / whatever else we think up should be as well as their length of term.

I guess, what I'm getting at (in a rambling fashion) is we need to have a serious (read: boring) meeting to figure out just what we all want from this group.

Jeff

7. mirrax

mirrax Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I agree to this "boring" meeting because I put in the next t-shirt order and will have 16 shirts to hand out, along with collecting the money for those, plus collecting postage for some, etc, etc, etc. I will hopefully get these shirts by the end of next week, so let's plan a meeting sometime after Memorial Day. Then we could get all this "serious" stuff out of the way!

8. TwilightJade

TwilightJade Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    oh, i'd like to join your group! that is if you don't think i'm too young to join. and yeah, if you do do something like the fees etc. there should be a meeting of some kind. but it doesn't have to be boring ;)

9. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Great idea, Que. :)

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Charging dues & what not is totally up to you. At the Indy Knights meetings, we pass the hat around and ask everyone to donate $2 to the cause each month...from that, $25 goes to our website hosting/bandwidth fees, the rest goes to our VP who's already spent some of her money to bring food and drinks to the meeting.

If you are going to charge an annual membership, you'll want to come up a with a good budget before hand so everyone understands where their money is going. Base it on a known # of members (not some pie in the sky "we think we can" number), and try to come up with everything you want to cover

- yearly web costs (both domain registration & hosting fees)
    - cost to make enough patches for everyone (as mentioned above)
    - ????

The simplier you keep it the better (& lower too). When you actually go out to do special events (bowling night or whatever), then you can spread those costs on those who particpate, and not everyone who may or may not come.

Anyhow, hope that helps some.

11. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Perhaps we could combine the "boring meeting" with the marathon at Tracey's place.

12. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I was just going to say that.

13. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    I'm with you guys on that. Besides, Wisonsin is, what, the second highest taxed state? I would feel cheated if I only had to pay $2.00 a year. I vote for making the film marathon @ jedisister's place the forum for settling the membership/fee issue. By then we should have some kind of idea on how many post-AOTC members we can expect (on average) and come up with more realistic figures.

14. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Tracey's place would be the perfect place/time to do it. We have an hour or two of meeting, then watch the movies.

Jeff

15. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    That's a great idea. I think some fee is a reasonable request and we can definately do the meeting here when we have the marathon. It can be an all day event(meeting, movies, party, bonfire at night...)We will have to definately start planning for that meeting at the next one and then post here and at the site.

16. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    hey gang ,
    im game, a bonefire sounds cool.

jedi kiss rock

17. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    I tink having a serious meeting is needed.
    All good intentions aside we need to figure out what we want from this group, and as a group what we plan to do over the next 6-12 months.

The reality factor is that once the film comes out, the hype is over and then what.

We ALL really need to sit down and figure out what are goals are for the club-help charities, go to cons, or just have a good time.

The reason most clubs don't succeed is not due to the lack of enthusiasm, it's in the lack of direction and planning.

That's my 2¢ worth!

18. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    All must pay 87% of their earnings in tithe to me! [face_devil]

... 8-}

19. Jedi_Bane

Apr 30, 2002
    hahaha, no prob! I currently have no earnings!!

A few people did ask about a joining fee as we were handing out a few flyers at Westown. That is something that will be best to get settled soon...

20. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Someone please email/private message me when a date and time for this "nuts and bolts" meeting will be taking place (even if I can't stay for the movies). I'm very interested in belonging, and I really want to attend a meeting.

Thanks!

21. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    First of all, to Twilight Jade, we welcome people of all ages, from the very young to the positively rickety. We're all kids at heart when it comes to Star Wars.

Second, I think a serious meeting is a good idea. We can discuss dues (Thanks Sebulba by the way for the info) and leadership issues. The marathon meeting sounds like a good time to have it. Let's not forget though that we have to take a trip down to Illinois for the digital screening. I don't know how many screens that place has, or how long they'll be showing AotC, so that's a big priority on our list. Granted, other than Marcy being on call every other weekend, I'm more than willing to spend multiple weekends with my love of Star Wars.

- Dwayne

22. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Just a little sidebar here. . .

I handed out my twenty fliers at the ridge, and they were heartily accepted. This place may get crowded in a hurry. . .
    How did everyone else do wth theirs?

23. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm trying to recycle this thread.

Since everyone wants to wait until the Marathon party to figure out the joining policy, I have another dilemma we should solve -

A Schedule of Meetings!!
    I have noticed that there are two threads just for one meeting. I think that only one person should be able to post meeting threads. Also, regardless when a meeting is scheduled, there will always be someone who cannot make it. Purhaps, we could do the following example: At the fifth meeting we would vote when to have the sixth meeting. And so on. It's easy, and people can try to make it to that meeting than worry what day it's on until it's decided. Even deciding a schedule of meetings two or more months in advance would help people to make it to more meetings.

The sooner we schedule meetings, the better...

These are only my thoughts, and I don't expect anyone to agree. But I think we need to tune this part up. When I try to find out when the next meeting is, I usually find more than one thread (chaos). That's all.. Thanks for reading this and I hope it puts a bug in your ear.

~Que

24. bwing53

May 7, 2002
    Bug planted and squirming!

25. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    i could see paying up to $10 a year that doesn't seem too bad. i really want to become an actuall member really bad but im schedual is just about to become impossible. i got a part in the spring musical the sound of music. yeah i'm an extra!! i wanna be a singing nazi!!! i'll pay though!!yeah star wars i think i'm gonna see it again on friday.
    red*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.