main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Joint Chapter meet: Edinburgh 23 & 24 February

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by suzijedi, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Just thought I?d run this by you all to see if you fancy having a combined Xmas/Joint Chapter/Maggy meet in Edinburgh one weekend in December (Perhaps one of the first two weeks in Dec so we don?t get too near to Xmas??).

I?ve PM?d George (Scotland CR) to see what he thinks, but he?s away for two weeks, so I thought I?d run it past you all to gauge opinion here. Maggy is also up in Edinburgh at the moment, so it could also be an opportunity to meet up with her.

It could be a one day meet for those not able to stay overnight (as Edinburgh?s do-able in a day for those of us travelling from the NE) but there is cheap hostel accommodation in the city centre for £16/night which I?d be happy to go for. Return trains from Newcastle are approx £20. Tim/Coz/Martina, not sure how much transport is from NW...?

There?s plenty to do (Castle, shopping/Xmas continental markets, Ghost walks) and it?s nice up there around Xmas too.

Anyway, if anyone fancies the idea, then stick your name below! Also, if anyone has ideas of other things to do in Edinburgh, then please say so!

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    It would be great to see one big FF group meet for Christmas, and though York would definitely be a great one, I think it'd be cool to finally get the North up with Scotland as we kept saying we would, before the new year.

1. timbolton

3. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    I'll be a maybe at the moment

4. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Put me down as a maybe. I loved meeting George and Melissa at CE, but money may be tight as it's Xmas, I'll have just recently done the Gmex weekend, and I'll be doing my New Year in the Midlands, which I have to pay to get down to, too, so I'll have to see.

5. Ranouch-Heath

Ranouch-Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2007
    Too close to Christmas so put me down as a maybe

6. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    I did wonder whether something like this may be too close to Xmas....perhaps we could make it a Jan/Feb meet instead?

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    We could do. I'm still up for doing an Xmas meet at York/Leeds as we mentioned in an earlier thread 'cos that won't cost as much.

8. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Yes, and it's also Martina's birthday at the start of Dec....perhaps we could do a more central meet before Xmas as a joint Martina/Xmas meal (somewhere that's doable in a day for everyone to keep down costs) and leave Edinburgh until after Xmas? [face_thinking]

9. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Yeah, I'm up for that.

10. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Aye we should do something for Martina :)

11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Fair enough if people can't. Not sure if Maggy can come down to us, I'll ask her. I have a feeling wherever we do it'll have to be a night stopover for me, just because coming back via Manchester means being at Piccadilly by 10pm at the latest to get home to Southport, and that means missing the evening meal. Then again, I am fine to stayover till Sunday, no worries.

Still York then?

12. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    I'll get this thread title changed to Jan/Feb and PM George to say that Dec is a bit too close to Xmas for most of us to attend (which is fair enough).

13. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Hello all!
    Thank you, Suzi, for organizing this :D [:D] and congrats to being new CR!

changing it to January and Fabruary will make it a meet without me since I only stay till December

14. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Changing thread title, again :p

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Woe is you, woe is you ... the poor miserable life of an RSA, changing titles for the ungrateful mob :p
    May want to go check on a few other chapters too, there could be a title crisis happening just over border ...

16. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    [:D] Thanks Maggy, but unfortunately Edinburgh is just too close to Xmas for people to make a big meet in December, which is a shame, but can't be helped. I hope you're having a good time up there and maybe we'll see you at another meet next year [face_peace]

17. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Jan or Feb would be great for a Scotland meet- the bracing winds of Edinburgh whistling between my.....toes....!

Its funny - I have to go to Edinburgh and Glasgow pretty much weekly with work, butI NEVER get out to see the town and end up stuck on an industrial estate before I have the 3.5 hour drive back home :rolleyes:

I think if its a day trip thing we can easily get a train there and back and pay nomore than £20 day return if we book in advance?

There are leaflets in Edinbugh too Tim....and lots oftoursit information outlets (tempts Tim to meet...);)

18. Ranouch-Heath

Ranouch-Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2007
    I am whatching this topic to see what date is planned for a meet up in Edinburgh I was due to attend Scotland for a Bikers meet up at the end of Feb but it looks like that's being moved back to May.

I can get the train from Darlington to Edinburgh no problem

19. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    The North East contingent could probably all go up together.

20. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Shame we all can't meet up half way

21. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Which way do the trains from your area go, Coz?

22. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    They go through Carlisle, if I went the NE way it would take a few changes to do it and I'm lazy and I hate changing trains :p

23. Darthsmuse

Darthsmuse Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2004
    Edinburgh's a good venue from North Cumbria currently only £16.50 for a cheap day return and a journey time of an hour and a half.

24. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    It'd be great if you can make the Edinburgh meet and as you said in the other thread, George and Melissa are a lovely couple. Hopefully we can get the other Scotland members to come too- the other guys at a previous Glasgow meet were a good laugh.

Once George is back from his hols we can see about getting things rolling.

For info for those of us travelling from NE, train prices seem to be around the £20 mark for a return.

25. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Aye, definitely would be great to see you up at a Scotland meet Darthsmuse :)
    And maybe we can get some North West meets happening closer to you too in the near future?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.