main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa Joint event with Montreal (Ideas)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Minder, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Hey guys.

Montreal has been keeping an eye on our boards, and they saw our thoughts about a joint event. I got this from their rep today.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey,

I've been thinking about a joint FF event and have come up with a couple of possibilities. Perhaps if my group are interested, we could go to Ottawa over the Canada Day weekend and get together with your FF and do something fun and festive for the holiday.

I was also thinking since you guys have a public holiday the first weekend in August that perhaps your group would want to come to Montreal that weekend and perhaps we could go to the St. Sauveur water park.

http://www.parcaquatique.com/page.asp?intNodeID=18435

These are just a couple of ideas. Please let me know what you think. I'm open to any ideas and suggestions you have as well happy I look forward to hearing from you soon!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

I like borh of these ideas. What do you think?

2. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Both of these ideas would be a blast! I especially like the fact that we would be "taking turns" going to the other's city for an event. It is a great way to get to know both groups!

Eli

3. Yiddle_ja

Yiddle_ja Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    if we do this were car-pooling right...as i dont drive and montreal would be a long walk for me to do.

4. Minder

May 28, 2002
    absolutly

5. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Bonjour from Montreal!

I've been discussing the idea of a joint event between Ottawa and Montreal FF with my group and the members here seem to be leaning towards going to Ottawa for the Victoria Day weekend. I was wondering if that would be a good weekend for the Ottawa FF to meet up with us? Some of the members seem very interested in going to museums for part of the day, then perhaps out to dinner and either see sights or visit some popular nightlife spots. I think the youngest member with us will be 18.

Perhaps you guys could make a list of suggestions on what would be of interest to see and do while there? I'd appreciate any and all suggestions :) I hope to meet up with all of you soon!

6. Minder

May 28, 2002
    We will talk over a few ideas and post em up.

That sounds cool

7. Ekasra

Ekasra Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2004
    This would be great, If anyone in the Ottawa fanforce doesn't know me, I'm a semi-staff member for Star Wars En Direct and have never really been able to make it to montreal for a show. This would be awsome if we can get them here for a day :D

8. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I guess we could probably manage to produce a show live from Ottawa on a week-end.
    And of course our mercenary could attend ;)

9. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    SWenDirect live from Ottawa. I'm all for that! :D

10. Ekasra

Oct 11, 2004
    I have this week off so i have alot of time on my hands, I complied a list that i'll be expanding on:

Canadian Museum of Civilization
    100 Laurier Street
    Hull, QC
    Tel: (819) 776-7000
    Toll-Free: 1-800-555-5621
    Discover the Canadian Museum of Civilization, Canada's largest and most popular cultural institution. Located on a spectacular riverfront site in the heart of the National Capital Region, the Museum offers an unparalleled view of Ottawa's historic skyline. Permanent exhibitions include the majestic Grand Hall, housing the world's largest indoor collection of totem poles; the First Peoples Hall, dedicated to the history and achievements of Canada's aboriginal peoples; and the highly popular Canada Hall, which takes visitors on a cross-Canada journey through 1,000 years of history. Other favourite features include the Canadian Children's Museum, the Canadian Postal Museum, and the IMAX® Theatre. More information (819) 776-7000.

Canadian Museum of Nature
    240 McLeod Street (at Metcalfe),
    Ottawa, ON K1P 6P4
    Tel: (613) 566-4700
    Group Rates: (613) 566-4701
    Toll-Free: 1-800-263-4433
    Explore the world of insects, prehistoric dinosaurs, animals, and the changing face of the earth at the Canadian Museum of Nature. Located on the corner of Metcalfe and McLeod Streets, the museum is housed in the Victoria Memorial Museum Building, which over the years has played a colourful part in the city's history.

Canadian War Museum
    1 Vimy Place,
    Ottawa ON K1R 1C2
    Tel: (819) 776-8600
    Toll-Free: 1-800-555-5621
    The Canadian War Museum celebrates its Grand Opening on the weekend of May 7-8, 2005. With an Open House and special activities and programming for the whole family, we invite everyone to celebrate with us to mark this historic event. The Museum is located on LeBreton Flats and the south bank of the Ottawa River, west of Parliament Hill in downtown Ottawa. For regular updates on Opening weekend, call us toll-free at 1-800-555-5621 or (819) 776-8600.

Canada Science and Technology Museum
    1867 St. Laurent Blvd.
    Ottawa, ON
    Tel: (613) 990-6302
    At 1867 St. Laurent Boulevard (corner of Lancaster), 10 minutes east of downtown, the Canada Science and Technology Museum takes a "hands-on" approach to exploring how man has transformed the natural elements of his world into a new world of mechanics, transportation, and technological advances. Take the Queensway to the St. Laurent Boulevard exit south and follow it until you see a lighthouse on the left-hand side. More information (613) 991-3044

Canada Aviation Museum
    11 Aviation Parkway
    Ottawa, ON
    Tel: (613) 993-2010
    From Sussex Drive, take the Rockcliffe Parkway est past the Rockcliffe Boathouse
    until you see the exit to the Canada Aviation Museum. Explore the history of aviation through some of the 120 aircraft in the museum's collection along the "Walkway of Time". Interactive exhibits, workshops, demonstrations, and films complement the exhibitions. More information (613) 993-2010.

National Gallery of Canada
    380 Sussex Dr.
    Ottawa, ON K1N 9N4
    Tel: (613) 990-1985
    Toll-Free: 1-800-319-ARTS
    Web Site: www.national.gallery.ca/125

The National Gallery of Canada is a visual arts museum of international stature. Located in one of the most spectacular sites in Ottawa - along Ottawa?s historic ByWard Market - the National Gallery overlooks the Ottawa River and the Parliament Buildings. Its award-winning architecture, featuring the luminous Great Hall, spacious galleries, and interior gardens and courtyards, is in itself worth the visit.

The National Gallery is the permanent home of the world?s most comprehensive collection of Canadian art, making it the country?s finest art museum. Its European collection and its modern American collection are considered among the best in the country. Discover masterpieces by the Group of Seven, Monet, van Gogh, Picasso and Jackson Pollock. Special Exhibitions highlight artists, time periods or themes through collaboration with international museums. Don?t

11. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Silly question, what is this SWenDirect, and how does it work? I've never heard about it until now.

Eli

VFF

12. Ekasra

Oct 11, 2004
    It's a podcast that also has a live broadcast, it usually happens on Sunday night from 7:00-9:30. Ulti, Kitfisto and Goddess discuss different Star Wars topics each week. Recently they had Karen Traviss on the show for her new book Triple Zero.

13. Minder

May 28, 2002
    How do we listen?

14. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    http://swendirect.com it's all there, you can grab an archive, subscribe to the podcast and listen live on sundays at 7pm EST.

15. Ekasra

Oct 11, 2004
    The million dollar question directed towards Sebastien, Audrey or Brian....
    Where would we do the broadcast and can Christina come :p?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.