Joint FF/501st Event @ Battleship NJ in Camden

Discussion in 'King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Mar 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    From Meriwyn, SWNYC CR:
    We have been in contact with the USS Battleship New Jersey located in Camden, NJ and they have expressed interest in hosting a luncheon/tour and/or a costumed event with FanForces and the 501st. This would be a gathering of area FanForces.

From me:
    I have already told Meri we will participate in this costumed event. What I need from all of you is a count of who wants to go. Significant others and children are welcome to this event. Check out the thread on the New York City Board for further details now. I'll post more here as things develop.

Jenni
  2. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I looked for more info at the SWNYC board but I couldn't find the thread you mentioned. I probably missed it! :)
    As soon as you can post details, I will probably be able to make it, and Brandon too.
  3. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    ...no costume here....
  4. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Oops sorry Wendy that was a post in the CR forum :) It should be a fun event!
  5. PadawanNick Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd be interested from the aspect of seeing the Star Destroyer ... er ... Battleship alone. Let alone the fun of all the Star Wars stuff going on too.

Minor detail... um, any dates in mind for this?

Have fun!
  6. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Rob, did you want a costume?

I will be rescheduling the Costume Workshop soon and if you need help getting a costume together, just let me or any of the members who can do sew know.
  7. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    or you could come sans costume. :)
  8. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    Hello from SWNYC.

Just to let you know. Anyone not in costume would not be alone. :)
  9. TenguJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Wow.. Em and I are most definately interested.
  10. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Being a Navy BRAT, I am also interested, and depending on when I may be sans costume as well. Have any tentative dates been discussed?
  11. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hmmmm.. me "sans costume" could be a costume....
    "Robba the Hutt".... Jabba's baby.....
    alright, the belly's not that big, but I wouldn't want to scare the kiddies....
    :cool:
  12. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    The dates we are going to propose to the Battleship are the weekend before Memorial Day or the first weekend in June. It's up to them which date they can accommodate us, but those are the ones we're looking at.

Hope this helps :)
  13. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The first weekend in June which is May 31-June 1 is Wizard World East at the PA Con Center in Philly. That may work out well...

J
  14. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Hey all...I am pretty sure that the NJO would be interested in attending...

I do not live too far from the Battleship NJ...and would like to eventually see it.

J.Sat
    co-President of the NJ Order
  15. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    By all means add yourself to the list
  16. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I plan on bringing this up at tomorrow's 3rd & Official meeting.
  17. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Right now, it seems that this event may occur in early June after Wizard World East. Also, it may turn into a larger event than we originally anticipated. Stay tuned for more details....

18. SithLord1968 Jedi Knight

star 2
    hmmmmm..... a collaborative effort, perhaps?
  19. Rebel_Spook Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds good so far! Hmm, that gives me about a month and a half to get a costume together... Let's see, if I cut out sleeping I may just have the time to get one together... Well, I guess I'll get plenty of rest when I'm dead... Anyone been to a Wizard convention?
  20. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Hey all!

We've narrowed it down to two dates. June 7th and June 14th. Find out which date is better for you guys and we'll go from there. I have posted in the CR forum and whatever date is better for the majority will stand. This is turning out to be a huge event, so stay tuned! Should be alot of fun!
  21. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Meriwyn, it's going to be so cool to have you and the rest of SWNYC in our neck of the woods for a change. ;)
  22. Calixte Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I've set up a poll. If you are a KofP member please vote. Being a KofP member constitutes you having attended a KofP event - Rick and Emmi, David - you are considered members of our group. Any body else question whether they are a member, just PM me. Thanks! :)
  23. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    Awww thanks Wendy! It will be great to be with all of you again :)
  24. iycis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Rebel_Spook, I have been to Wizard World. It sucked last year pretty much, except for getting to meet Kevin Smith and Ray Park, but I think its cause that was only the first year they had it here. I'm sure its going to be a lot of fun this year though because we'll have a good turn out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.