main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Jonesboro Arkansas get together, lets plan a MASSIVE one!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by StarWarsFanChuck, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWarsFanChuck

StarWarsFanChuck Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2008

Hey friends,

I would like to plan a fun get together with all the Star Wars fans possible. Something unofficial, but something really fun. I know members here and of the 501st and tons of fans who aren't members anywhere. I think we should all have a fun get together and have a fun time doing something here in Jonesboro. It's only a quick 2 hour drive from Little Rock, and an EASY 1 hour drive from Memphis or Mississippi.

I have three ideas and wanted to see what you all thought.

1.) We have a Charity event with everyone from ALL the local groups come out and take photos with the kids and collect canned foods for the local Food Pantry.

2.) After a 3 or 4 hour Charity event, we all go over to the BEAUTIFUL 700 seat Jonesboro Forum building and watch Star Wars together. Whichever Star Wars movie I can get permission for us to watch.

3.) I get a sponsor so we can all eat for FREE!!!!!

We had a WONDERFUL Charity event in November here in Jonesboro with members of the 501st and other Star Wars fans, and in 3 hours we raised 3000$ dollars for Make A Wish.

The Food Pantry here could use our help with a Canned Food Drive, then afterwards having a showing of one of the Star Wars movies would be awesome!

What do you guys and gals think? If I can get us all free food and drinks, would you all come to Jonesboro and participate first in a Charity Event in costume, then watch a movie with other Star Wars fans! A private showing just for us in one of the most beautiful Theaters in Arkansas!

Let me know your thoughts, and when I should plan it. I was thinking late July if possible. (Indoors of course!)

God Bless,

-----Chuck

2. locokarma

locokarma Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    This event is coming up soon!
    August 22nd is right around the corner...
    so please consider attending this event
    and making it a BIG success!

3. locokarma

Nov 23, 2005
    This is tomorrow!

I hope to see as many of us as possible!

4. locokarma

Nov 23, 2005
    Mission success!

Most pictures can be found here:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/TK9612/JonesboroEvent#

Thanks to all that made this event a great success!
    Almost five hundred pounds of canned foods were
    donated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.