main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Jorus C'baoth

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Chewbacca89, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    It does raise issues if Jorus was not the original Guardian. Where did the clone come from? How did he arrive of Wayland? Why would he seek out and kill the original guardian? Why would he remain on Wayland and kill anyone who comes from off world?

Vialco likes this.
  2. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012

He seemed pretty big on some of these traditions though. I mean he was literally tearing the children away from their families on the flight and taking them to the center where they couldn't see their families. He also seemed rather opposed to training adults (the original not the clone who didn't seem to mind with Luke, though potentially that's because Luke was the 'last').

3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    1 and 2 we don't really know the answer to - although he would have had to have come from one of the places where there was cloning expertise. If they didn't appreciate that Force-users are almost impossible to confine (or didn't know that the sample was highly likely to produce a Force-empowered individual), it's possible that he either stole or took over a starship.

3. A Dark-Jedi and a Jedi Master are natural enemies, but we don't know who sought who out (if the encounter was anything but chance) or who initiated hostilities.

4. It was part of C'baoth's character to want to rule. IIRC, the off-worlders he had killed had all gone to Wayland to seek out the Guardian.

Vialco and Chewbacca89 like this.
  4. King_in_Yellow

King_in_Yellow Jedi Knight

Jan 15, 2012
    My personal theory, though it is probably superseded by cannon (and that cannon is now probably going to be superseded by Disney haha) was that the original Guardian was...wait for it... a clone of Jorus C'Baoth. That clone was probably lording it over the local population like the clone at the beginning of Heir to the Empire. But then it decided to move into Mount Tantiss. Perhaps it finally occurred to that clone that it could duplicate itself using the cloning cylinders and install a C'baoth clone on every single planet in the galaxy. Or even worse create a C'Baoth clone for every single person in the galaxy. It takes the phrase "Big Brother is watching you," to a whole new disturbing level. How would you like to have your own personal C'baoth breathing down your neck 24/7?

Palpatine would doubtless have methods for being notified when someone had breached his personal storehouse. Thinking that his Guardian was beginning to develop ideas above his station the Emperor dispatched a younger C'Baoth clone to...take care... of his predecessor. Fighting an older copy of yourself doubtless would have contributed to the insanity of the clone we saw in Heir to the Empire.

I think there probably were a succession of C'baoth clones at Wayland. Whenever one of them became too insane or too clever for its own good, the Emperor sent in a younger and more powerful clone to take care of the older one. Sort of like upgrading from one version of Windows to the newer version. This would be the sort of monstrously cruel yet highly effective strategy I would expect a Dark Lord of the Sith to employ when protecting his most treasured loot.

Zer0 and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  5. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Or because Luke was already a Jedi Knight by that stage and what Joruus wanted to do was to twist Luke to his own version of what a Jedi should be.

Vialco likes this.
  6. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Thanks Tim Battershell

I guess I don't see why he killed them all. Why not just jedi mind trick them into leaving?

So are there any potential canidates that could fit the requirements of the guardian?

7. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Scared that they would report to the Emperor? Or just because he was insane and thought his ability to rule was threatened?

Palpatine had, IIRC, quite a few Dark-Jedi working for him - early versions of his "Hands".

8. King_in_Yellow

King_in_Yellow Jedi Knight

Jan 15, 2012
    I suspect that Atha Prime was somehow involved and that the C'baoth clone was delivered to Wayland on board the Annihilator.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    On training older children/adults: Outbound Flight pages 205-206

"And please don't quote me that learned nonsense about how young a Jedi candidate has to be, because that's all it is: nonsense."
    "Master Yoda would disagree with you," Ma'Ning said."
    "Then Master Yoda would be wrong," C'baoth said. "We don't train children or adults because we choose not to. That's the only reason." He gestured at Anakin. "Padawan Skywalker is proof that older children are trainable."

On page 207 concerning contact:

"After some initial training, we might even consider allowing them occasional evenings with their families."

Vialco likes this.
  10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Is that a bazinga?

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, he did succeed at becoming a Jedi Knight at least.

Vialco likes this.
  12. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012

Ah evidently I haven't read it recently enough as I'd completely forgotten those bits :p.