main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Joseph Gordon Levitt as Han Solo?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Pro Scoundrel , May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    How does that even work? Oh wait, JJ is the director. I sense an AU. :p

3. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't believe it for a second, but hey it's news. :)

4. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    [​IMG]

It's Destiny!!!

On a serious note, I hope, if there's any truth to this, that they are talking about a Han Solo spinoff, not Episode VII. I spent way too long fantasizing about the return of Snarky Ford to have them pull the rug from under me now. Plus, that would mean they're recasting Luke, Leia, Lando.....

To a dark place, this line of thought takes us. I sense a plot to destroy the saga.

Pro Scoundrel and markdeez33 like this.
  5. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    This would have to be for a standalone film or set of young Han Solo movies, detailing his early days as a smuggler.

No way in hell will Levitt be playing him in Episode 7. How could they even possibly explain that? Everyone complaining about 60 year old Luke speaking to Hayden as a force ghost, I guess your heads would explode off your neck if you saw Hamill/Fisher in scenes with Levitt, LOL.

It's gotta be for a standalone. If it's for Episode 7, then this movie is going to be an absolute mess. There's no feasible way to incorporate Levitt as Han Solo, in this timeline. Doing alternate universes or time travel or any of that stuff would just be overkill. There's dozens of ways to do this trilogy and an alternate reality is NOT the right way.

It's obviously gotta be for standalones. If not, to quote Han himself, "I've got a bad feeling about this"

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  6. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Even if it's for a standalone I don't think it's a good idea. He just doesn't say Han to me, and I like JGL.

Echo-07 likes this.
  7. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I dont see him as Solo.

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm not going to take this rumour that seriously, for reasons such as this;

"However other actors rumored to play Solo include Nathan Fillion, James Franco, Tom Hardy and Ryan Gosling"

To me, especially with that line, it's all conjecture...

"According to the Digital Spy "The Dark Knight Rises" actor could play Han Solo in a standalone movie on the character and in Episode 7."

And that line says nonsensical silliness 8-}

Darth_Pevra and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  9. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    i'm the most ridiculous JGL fanboy you'll probably ever come across (i joined tumblr just so i could follow him) but i can't see him as han solo. he's far too boy-next-door.

10. Crankcase

Crankcase Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2012
    Latinopost.com is quoting an article from Eonline that is from November 2012. That's why they think that they're recasting Episode 7. Now we have a definite confirmations that the original cast is returning so treat this as a very old news. :)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  11. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009

This guy is amazing. With some work, he would be the best option as a young Han Solo. He's an actor, he's got the look, he's got most of the mannerisms down, he would just need a director. Check out his channel; he's done a lot of impressions. He's great!

12. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    Harrison Ford was 34 when they shot A New Hope, and JGL is 32 now...so I just don't think he's young enough to be a "young Han Solo".

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  13. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    No. The #1 rule on recasting a well known role is that you don't do an impression of the previous actor. That guys impression is damn good, but put it in a film and its gonna feel forced, and worse, people are going to feel like they're being tricked. Unfortunately, Harrison's Solo is too iconic to be played any other way than how he played him. Which is why a Solo spinoff is just an all around bad idea.

14. Hopalong Hutt

Hopalong Hutt Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2013
    Thank you for the information .. However, I wouldn't put my pension on it just yet until we have a official confirmation. ;)

15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That guy's impersonation is alright, but the way he speaks some words seems a bit way too forced.

16. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL and thus the episode 7 casting rumors have begun

Echo-07 likes this.
  17. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't think this rumor is for E7. Thankfully.

I don't like the idea of JGL for Han Solo in a psinoff either. Nor do I like Nathan Fillion or Tom Hardy. It's bad enough that JGL is rumored to be taking Batman and Hardy ruined Rises for me with his stupid voice. I'd hate to see those two especially ruin SW too!

I know there will probably be a young Han Solo. I also expect that the TV show will have an appearance or two from the scoundrel we all love. I've made my peace with this probability. I'd prefer they pick someone rather unknown though and at least resembles Harrison Ford.

18. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Levit could play Solo in a stand alone as he looks young enough to play Solo in his mid 20's but it's the most ludicrous rumour I've ever heard in my life that Levit would play Solo in EP7 - I mean Lucas said if any of the Big 3 don't come back then there character's would be written out besides what are they going to do age Levit to play the role ??? :mad:

Echo-07 likes this.
  19. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  20. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    NEVER eat while your reading any post by EETH.[face_sick]

Eeth-my-Koth likes this.
  21. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Fillion is legit the most overrated person in all of fandom history. I mean where I go *CBM* he is legit fancasted as almost every single role and fans bug him to death with questions like "Will you play Ant man" and they dont take no for an answer. Its insane! Its like him, Jensen Ackles and Ryan gosling are fanboys obsessions. So yeah this is probably fake and just another article made to try to get hits.

22. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Totally agree! Fillion and Joss Wedon are the two biggest fanboy obsessions when it comes to producing fanboy movies. Both are drastically over-rated.

I tried watching Buffy and Firefly -- couldn't do it. I couldn't watch Firefly because that WAS Whedon's take on Han Solo. It was complete ripoff. And if we want a younger version of Han Solo for a spin-off movie and perhaps TV show appearances do we want a guy that's over 40??? Makes ZERO sense.

All that said {ranted} I wouldn't mind if Joss eventually directed a SW spin-off. I just don't NEED him to.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  24. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I think what might be going on is JJ may open VII like he did the first Trek. Maybe a 5-10 min montage of events leading up to the main plot of VIi. Showing us what's happened over the last 30 years. So he will cast new actors to play those roles and then maybe those actors will be used in the spin offs.

Or it's just a load of sh...

-C

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    This topic seems like it would be better dicussed in the casting thread and/or the spinoff thread.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.