main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Josh the Facts

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by RolandofGilead, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VanillaZinger

VanillaZinger Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Roland: Yeah, that's from Josh. I had added them to pertinent existing threads.

2. jnolan

jnolan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2004
    This is a great thread roland, really appreciate you taking the time to put this together for all of us, as much as I like searching through Josh's threads, when they get up to like 20 pages, its hard to pick out the stuff he writes near the end, alot cool stuff in here that i missed, so i thought id take the time to say a big THANKS!!

EDIT: Import_jedi, its an airborne burst of smoke with alot of little metal shards in it that rip apart a aircrafts hull, kinda like buck shot from a shot gun or a grenade

3. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    nah, flak is anti-aircraft fire.

Corrected my previous post. And to the non-military minded person, it's an airborne burst of smoke. :p

4. Swingin Vader

Swingin Vader Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 1999
    [Mr. Burns] Excellent! [/Mr. Burns]

5. Darth_Skycrawler

Darth_Skycrawler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    Flak - definition

http://www.infoplease.com/ipd/A0441640.html

6. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    "Without naming them specifically, are there any scenes so far which are disappointing or not up to snuff?"
    "The BARG is a bit odd. "

"When you say, "You have no idea how BAD Sidious gets" do you mean that in terms of his actions....and if so, does that come across in the dialogue too? "
    "BOTH."

"Speaking of the dialogue, how is it this time around? I was pleased with the other two prequels in this department....But for those that weren't, will they be "redeemed" this time around? "
    "MUCH BETTER. There's a few dumb lines between Anakin and Padme, but other than that ... YEAH."

"Your reaction has been this strong WITHOUT an accompanying score. How much more drama will the music add to these scenes? "
    "A+ I hope."

"I've seen that now you rank it just below Empire...which is encouring, given you've not seen a final product yet. That being said, if the final product is that much better, might it surpass ESB in your mind? And also, if you think not, why not? What does ESB have right now that is lacking in Sith....(other than nearly 25 years of reverence behind it..LOL)?"
    "I hope so, but that would be very hard. ESB is an icon."

"Will the individual planets be pretty memorable, visually? Star Wars landscapes have always had very distinctive characteristics."
    "Yeah, Utapau is memorable ... the landing platform is in the middle of a sinkhole."

"Are the performances in Ep. III amped up? In other words, from what you've seen, are we getting good stuff from the actors....(say by comparison to the previous two)? "
    "Yes 100% improved."

"What specific elements might make this PG-13? Anakin's body? The "scare" factor if it's more intense? Name some broad-but-specific reasons.... "
    "EVERYTHING. Especially Sidious"

"If you could be so gratious and have the time could you give out a little tid bit for all of us Tarkin fans?
    Is his role in the film in any sort of capacity or just a cameo? Does he have any lines, and is he really the mastermind behind the DS like the OT databank suggests? Will this be shown or mentioned in the ROTS?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time... JackOFett. "
    "At best a cameo. JG"

" Does Yoda really fart in the movie?"
    "In the rough cut, he did."

" Dooku gets owned, I can tell you that. JG"

" Can you give me a little hint or clue about Grievous?
    Thanks."

"He hunches more than you would think. He is very different from the Clone Wars cartoon. Titi Jukassa is a young Jedi apprentice seen in the raid on the Temple. JG "

" Hey Josh, In The final duel between Anakin/Vader and Obi-Wan, are the two blue lightsabers the only ones used throughout the whole thing, or is a third (possibly red) saber thrown into the mix? Twelve minutes seems like an awful long time to go with just two lightsabers."

"Hmmm ... let me just tell you this. Most of the marketing from Frito Lay will be red vs blue. J"

7. JOBOB_THE_HUTT

JOBOB_THE_HUTT Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2003
    [image=http://www.crossoveruniverse.com/gunslinger6.jpg]

Hail to the King baby...

8. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    sidiuos being a HUGE reason for the pg-13 rating.......YESSSSSSSSSSS GAWD i cannot wait for this movie.......I wish I had a time machine so I could go forward in time and watch it and then come back and spoil you all and you all think I am crazy.........

9. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Love that Title Rolsy!

I assume this is Sean Connery's "Just the Facts"?

;)

-JR :)

10. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    Frito Lay's marketing being blue vs red is interesting, but far from making it so. Hell the ROTJ poster had luke with a red saber and Vader with a blue one.

11. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    "The BARG is a bit odd. "

I'm a bit confused. Does anybody know what the BARG is?

12. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    "You can try."

Don't forget this alleged line from ROTS...

I think the BARG is the beast that Obi-Wan is riding as he chases after General Grievous on Utapau. Not sure.

13. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Most excellent work, Rolando.

14. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    "Hi Josh! Would you please tell me something new about Obi-Wan in RotS, seeing that he is my fav. character?"

"Ewan finally gets to act in this one. There's more emotion in 10 minutes of ROTS than all of the prequels combined."

"sorry to bother you... i was wondering if you knew anything about the role of Boba Fett in Episode 3?
    Someone showed me these pictures and i was wondering if they are fake. could you help me? thanks a lot. http://img61.exs.cx/my.php?locimg61&imageDan ielLogan41.jpg
    http://img23.exs.cx/img23/9112/DanielLogan31.jpg "
    "All fake. Lucas doesn't waste time with this stuff this time.JG"

"i asked 'josh' if anakin is darth vader before the suit. he said yes."

"I PMed Josh asking if Sidious would use a lightsaber and he responed: "Heck Yeah.""

"jedi-killah: :" Whats up Grif! Thanx for the all the info that u have given us. It gives us something to look forward to. I know that u r a busy man, but I thought maybe u can give me a hint on something. The scene where Sidious finally reveals himself fascinates me the most, any hints or tidbits on this scene. Also, any hint on a Jedi Masters death? Thanx dude."

"Mace falls a long way down. Kit Fisto is in this scene as well".

"I'd bet he chokes her so hard her feet leave the ground
    In the original cut, Anakin even threw her against the wall. JG"

"Did you mean Anakin threw Padme against the wall while choking her? Or that he threw her against the wall after he was done? "
    "Yeah, after. Man, you guys are watching VERY closely. JG"

"JEDI vs. BAD GUYS
    On Cato Neimoidia the bad guys win.
    On Mygeeto the bad guys win
    But at Saleucami, the Jedi win."

And birth planet: Polis Massa"

"I asked him about Utapau."
    "it is a sinkhole planet JG"

"Can you tell me anything at all about what causes Sidious's look to change? Even a small clue."
    "He gets p**sed at Mace and the confrontation squad" - JG"

"Ok, this has been gnawing at me ever since I started posting at TFN. Will Qui-Gon appear in any form in RotS? I'd be ecstatic with just his voice, and have a heart attack if he comes back as a force ghost.
    As a side note, I'm sorry to see you go. Thanks for takin' care of us, you've been great. "
    "Nope, and thanks for the kind words. JG"

"So Josh your review on EP3. Can you rank how good you think it will be in relation to the other films? Pretty please with Tapioca on top?"
    "Sure.
    ESB
    ROTS
    ANH
    AOTC
    ROJ
    TPM
    JG"

"I can tell you that Bene is a teenage Jedi apprentice that is killed in the Temple raid. JG"

" Will a suited Vader cut-down the remaining Jedi?"
    "Nope. But there is a surprise at the end."

"Will we feel remorse for Anakin when he meets his "demise" or is he just the bad guy at this point we want to see taken out? In other words, is there ever a spark of uncertainty in Anakin during the duel, that perhaps he made a big mistake? A moment where he might BEGIN see the light?
    I always felt that having him almost come back to his senses b4 hitting the lava would make it all the more tragic. Thanks "
    "You DEFINITELY see this in the Mace/Sidious deal. AWESOME. By the lava, he's pretty much gone.JG"

"First, I know in one of the threads you mentioned that you are now working on your review of ROTS to post on the site. Can you tell me when exactly we can look to see that up?
    Also, a quick spoiler question for ya. I won't post it in the forum if you don't want me to. Its a given fact that in this movie, it will finally be revealed who Palpatine really is and what he has really been up to the whole time etc. My question is, in this big "reveal" scene, is it Sidious that takes off his hood to reveal he is really Palpatine, or is it Palpatine who somehow reveals he is sidious? Also when he fights, does he fight in his Chancellor clothes or his sith robes as Sidious?"
    "1/1. And Sidious=Palpatine will be cemented once and for all ... by Yoda of all people."

"AH, thanks for the info. So, are you saying that he reveals who he really is during the yoda duel? or are you saying that Yoda f

15. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    Nicely done Roland.

D_M_S_L

16. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Good job forever ... I didn't know half of those till now.

17. The_NecroJedi

The_NecroJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2004
    I like the Idea that Sidious gets Dark.Could mean alot of things though.

Maybe he nearly turns Yoda to the Dar Side,by releasing his anger.Saying"I have the Republic,I have the Universe,I have the force,I have Anakin,and I have killed all the Jedi."Maybe makes Yoda so mad that it'll make him be on the point like Luke in the ROTJ movie,but comes back on time.And will also imply that fundumental line of yoda's"Do not understimate the powers of the Emperor..."he refers to his father because Ani did turn.But what if he nearly turned to darkness because of Plaps great mocking and teasing but Yoda returns to light.Only I think they will end up in tie.

18. DarthScubbles

DarthScubbles Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    [image=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/swoopspot/swoop/images/fan_faint.jpg]

19. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    This movie will stomp Empire Strikes Back into the ground.

20. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I hope they don't have to rush the Grievous battle. It must be really hard to make him move in a realistic way. I'm scared to think of how Grievous will look when he's walking, running, dueling...

21. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    "I asked Josh abour Grievous' role and his sinister smart-ass attitude, and he had this to say (since I know he dosen't mind now):"
    "He only speaks a little, and honestly in the big story arc of the movie he plays a footnote. Also, he is one of the last pieces of the SW3 puzzle to be completed, so most people will actually "see him" late in the game. JG"

"Hey Josh. A hint/tidbit about Palpy's revelation about being Sidious/a Sith Lord? Like, is his "transformation" literal? A literal physical transition the audience sees on screen? Maybe during the Mace duel? Whatever you want to give out, I'm all ears!"
    "Josh: You have no idea about that you are about to see. The simple answer is YES. Heck, yes ... "
    "Then when I asked Josh if I could post this PM, he responded with:"
    "Sure, and dude, when you SEE this, you'll understand my energy in loving this scene. Almost shockingly cool ..."

"it is safe to say tarkin is not in this movie?"
    "Tarkin is in. There is a cool unpublished tidbit about him though ... JG"

"My question is, have you seen, or have heard anything that confirms that during the fight on Mustafar the fight goes through the beginning stages of the structures of the Death Star, or even possible like the pictures in the link I gave you above? Will the OT veteran viewers notice that the Death Star IS (if at all) being "created" during The Duel?"
    "I'd prefer to not answer that. JG"
    "Awww... okay. One last question, hopefully this is vague. Is the whole Sifo-Dyas/erasing of the Jedi archive file that important or that surprising? Any hints please?"
    "Nah, it isn't important. Sidious should have erased the survelliance tapes! JG"

"Regarding ROTS, I was wondering if you could give me a rough estimate as to how long the Mace vs Sidious fight is going to be ? I know that things can change in the edit, but from what you have seen/read, how much screen time do you think this fight will get ? Will it be a very brief confrontation ( eg. Obi Wan vs Dooku in AOTC ), or will it span several minutes ?"
    "It isn't much of a fight, but those moments are central to the whole rest of the film. It will satisfy. JG"

"Shots of the Yoda vs. Sidious fight have been complete, so it seems unlikely the scene will be cut. Yoda again does the karate pose to begin like in Episode III [I assume he meant AOTC - ed]. JG"

"Do I bring my children see EPISODE III"
    "There is 2 versions (or more) of EPISODE III filmed, one PG version."

"Any hint on the number of ships in the duel?"
    "-Lots and lots. You can even see them in the background of Anakin - Dooku duel. -JG"

22. The_NecroJedi

The_NecroJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Yes he may well be funny.Even Yoda fighting won't be that funny.Grevious could loose hhis coolness if not done right.

But I trust Rob Coleman and Mr.Lucas.

23. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    cooool idea.... bring it all together.

24. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Great job with this thread gang.

25. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001