main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Josh the Facts

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by RolandofGilead, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizardKing

LizardKing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 28, 2000
    Here's the long winded question I asked and the reply........

In ANH the scene at the the kitchen table added a lot of depth to what we would find out later (Vader being Lukes father)

Beru: Lukes just not a farmer, he has too much of his father in him...

Owen: That's what I'm afraid of.

Will this scene be enhanced by any scenes or dialog involving Beru/Owen?

Will they know he has become Vader? If not what are they afraid of? Will Obi-Wan fill them in on Anakin's exploits or are we to assume this was done off-screen?

Will Owen tell Obi-Wan "He should of stayed out of it and not gotten involved"? If not then how does Obi-Wan know Owen's opinion on Anakin's involvement in the Clone Wars?

"More that he was impatient, cocky, etc. than anything else."

JG

2. Walkersky

Walkersky Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2003
    Hi, great thread

did anyone pm Josh to ask anything about R2 and 3PO's memory wipe, like when it happens, where and who does it (or if 3PO volunteers after watching his maker turn)?

Thanks

3. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    Shots of the Yoda vs. Sidious fight have been complete, so it seems unlikely the scene will be cut. Yoda again does the karate pose to begin like in Episode II

*chills*

4. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004
    Maybe it should be THE DUELS."

Ha, I've been saying they would intercut THE Duel with the Yoda-Sidious battle for the longest.... makes sense. Cool.

5. DarthWickett

DarthWickett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2004
    I don't think that's what he meant, in conjunction with the blue v blue/red v blue comment, it makes me think that Obi-Wan battles Anakin...then, dunt dun duh duh! VADER. Not suited mind you, but Anakin lets go his inhibitions and fully embraces the dark side, creating almost a second fight entirely when he whips out his Sith sabre (Dooku's or his own).

6. The_NecroJedi

The_NecroJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2004
    In terms of time:
    Obi vs Ani will be the longest.Followed by Yoda vs Sidious.Hmmph.The DarkSide has grown to fulfile it destiny.

7. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000
    Hudnall,

I don't think that's what he meant.

I took it to mean that Obi-Wan & Anakin will battle more than once. That is, it's not one continuous 12 minute fight. But, they fighht more than once over the scene, involving 12 minutes. Sort of like how in Empire, Luke & Vader go at it a few times in different rooms on Bespin.

Right?

8. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I think Josh was talking about Yoda vs. Sidious. everyone instantly thought he was still talking about Obi vs. Ani.

Josh is clearly excited about the Yoda vs. Sidious duel and I think he was talking about that and the Obi v. Ani duel.

9. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Roland, my love for you grew three sizes today. [face_love]

10. sparklingjedi

sparklingjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2004
    Bothofus Thanks.

11. The_NecroJedi

Sep 30, 2004
    Appreciate it more than ever.

12. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    You know, Roland, it's kind of funny physically saying Josh the facts. Sounds like I have a healthy speech impediment or I'm Sean Connery.

13. Hudnall

Feb 23, 2004
    BenR - That may not be what he meant, but that is what I believe. Look at all the timelines and what we know of ROTS, and both Yoda/Sid and Ben/Anakin duels fit in the same Act or very close together based on what we know. It makes perfect sense to intercut these duels, as 12-minutes of one duel is perhaps too long, and ALL of the Star Wars duels are intercut with major pieces of action footage (ESB Cloud City escape, Battle of Naboo, Battle of Endor, and ANH Death Star escape) with the exception of AOTC which is really too short to consider.

So - what major action events could the duel be intercut with at that point in the film?

IMHO, the only two options that make sense are the Sidious/Yoda duel and Bail's speeder chase, which are perhaps related.

14. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    If the Yoda vs Sidious duel is intercut with Obi-Wan vs Anakin how would Sidious be there to get Anakin off of Mustafar?

15. The_NecroJedi

Sep 30, 2004
    Yes.Yes.When they said twelve minutes of dueling,they might have meant of an action peace,maybe a battle or something.And in those minutes it could intercut with the Duel of Duels.

16. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    When Josh says there are two versions of ROTS (or more) including a PG version... does that mean that both will be released? Or just one will be decided on.

Because...

I'm confused.

17. Soap

Soap Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Damm this is a fun thread!

Many thanks Roland and of course many thanks Josh for supplying all this great info.

18. DarthScubbles

DarthScubbles Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    I assume that he meant that they have 2 versions b/c he is still trying to descide whether he wants it PG or PG-13. He would not release both, it is not cost effective.

19. Sith_Dreamer

Sith_Dreamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I got an answer bck when I asked him would Boba Fett have any significant part in Episode III. He said no. Nothing new, but hey, that answers questions for some people.

20. Tattered

Tattered Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2004
    OK. Putting the pieces together, here?s my wild guesses. Meant to encourage discussion. Flame on ?
    ;)

Oddball is named for his unusual individual nature, away from the other clones.

An ancient Sith is mentioned (possibly from KOTOR?) who was the first to cheat death. He might even have lived so long that he survived the Sith purge, and was Sidious? master before Sidious killed him and took his power.

Middle of the movie. Palpatine gives Order 66. The Jedi purge begins. This is the montage. Mace at once rushes with the remaining Jedi masters and goes to face off with Palpatine. The draining/clouding power that Vader uses on Obi-Wan in Ep4 is seen here in greater form. The Jedi are barely able to use their powers, and must rely on teamwork and weapons alone. There is a huge fight, in which all of the Jedi are killed. Palpatine fights with a red saber. Anakin finally sides with Palpatine. Mace and Kit are Force pushed out the window.

Palpatine tells Anakin that the Jedi were responsible for Shmi?s death, and he tells Anakin that he can bring her body back to life. For a price. Anakin must wipe out the remaining Jedi to prove his loyalty.

The younglings defend the temple from the clonetroopers. Bene and Titi Jukassa make an heroic stand. Cut away with them deflecting blaster fire, and Anakin storming in.

The murder of the younglings cuts away with a lit saber and a closing door before anything is seen. The wipe sound effect is a saber swing, much like in the Tusken slaughter.

Yoda sees the dead bodies of the Jedi in the temple. Obi-Wan finds the saber he will give to Luke. He gives up on Anakin and vows to kill him. He feels everything is his fault. Yoda tells him hope is not lost, but he must go find Anakin. Yoda has another job to do.

Yoda and Sidious duel. Sidious is actually killed, but uses the dark side to bring himself back to life. This is when Anakin falls almost religiously under his sway. This is also what changes Sidious? physical form forever. Yoda escapes this confrontation with Bail?s assistance.

Vader is suited at the very end. He won?t be killing anymore Jedi, because he is seen bound to the operating table.

21. DarthWickett

DarthWickett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2004
    This is Star Wars, he could realease it in Japanese with English subtitles and everyone would still go see it! He could release the PG version for parents to take their kids to see or drop them off at while they went and saw the harder version. I think to really pull of this movie we'll have to have the harsher version, all sorts of implication would just make it seem like another M. Night Shamalongadingdong flick.

22. Hudnall

Feb 23, 2004
    If the Yoda vs Sidious duel is intercut with Obi-Wan vs Anakin how would Sidious be there to get Anakin off of Mustafar?

There are so many possibilities, Helmet. We only know that troopers pull him out. Is he personally there? Or shows up as they begin to fix him?

I'm not applying real-world logic. It's like asking how Yoda got from Coruscant to Kamino to Geonosis with a whole army in tow in time to rescue the Jedi. I'm looking at what scenes and events take place in the movie, where they occur in the timeline, and what makes sense from a "movie" perspective.

Duels are ALWAYS intercut with action that takes place elsewhere. It keeps up the tempo of the duel and the intensity of the overall film.

What other major action sequences could possibly be intercut with the Duel? Or do you really think that it will 12 minutes of non-stop duel with no intercut action - which is totally different than every single other duel in the Saga including AOTC?

23. Greedo420

Greedo420 Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    "Do I bring my children see EPISODE III"
    "There is 2 versions (or more) of EPISODE III filmed, one PG version."

Am I the only one who is disappointed by this?

24. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002

See Josh's answer. It shouldn't be Duel but DUELS. Multiple fights.

25. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    Thank god someone finally did this. The number of threads around here was nuts. Much appreciated, Roland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.