main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Josh the Facts

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by RolandofGilead, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthScubbles

DarthScubbles Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    save Padme... interesting

2. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    yes, very interesting

3. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    hmmmmm that IS interesting that will add a whole new diminison to it.........especially when he ends up being the one that causes her death

4. DarthScubbles

Sep 15, 2004
    There are so many possibilities that that opens up.

5. DarthyMarkyMark

DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Yeah, I think Anakin says something about him needed to keep Palpatine alive so he could save Padmé. Then swipes off Mace's hand.

JG

Wow, I think this might be adding up. We "know" Anakin will have a dream of someone, but not of himself. Perhaps he dreams that Padme will be killed, his greatest fear - GL said on the AotC commentary that "Anakin is attached to his mother and he will become attached to Padme". Palpatine tells Anakin that the Dark Side can help defeat death. Anakin needs Palpatine alive to find out more about this, he kills Mace to protect Palpatine. Anakin turns to the Dark Side to gain that power to save Padme, but the Dark Side consumes him - thus leading to Padme's death. Awful self-fulfilling prophecy.

That also explains what GL says on the documentary on the OT DVDs - "Darth Vader becomes the very thing he's trying to protect himself from."

6. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    ^^

I've been saying that since the Sleepless Knight BTH came out. But nobody would listen. Its really quite obvious if you understand the movies.

7. DarthyMarkyMark

Nov 6, 2003
    Yeah, I agree - it's what the prequels are all about. What we see in AotC is Anakin failing to save his mother, making him more determined to gain more power to protect those he loves. This is just the next stage. Maybe this is the "shocking twist" a lot of people are expecting - Anakin turns to the Dark Side to save Padme, but ends up killing her.

8. DarthScubbles

Sep 15, 2004
    But what does he see that makes him think that Palps is the savior?

Damn you Josh and your riddles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

9. MatthewZ

Sep 21, 2003
    ^^

Sith can cheat death.

Read my post in the Crazy Theories thread. It's on the last page of it.

10. DarthyMarkyMark

Nov 6, 2003
    Maybe it's just that Palps mentions the powers of Darth Plagueis? He starts talking about this, and that's when Mace bursts in and tries to kill Palpatine. Anakin's desperate to find out more about Plagueis - so he needs Palpatine alive.

11. DarthScubbles

Sep 15, 2004
    But why say that he is saving Padme... why does she need saving... yet?

Edit: punctuation

12. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    She has prostate cancer. Oh wait, that's for men.

13. MatthewZ

Sep 21, 2003
    Young Skywalker can see things before they happen

14. DarthScubbles

Sep 15, 2004
    She has prostate cancer. Oh wait, that's for men.
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

15. DarthyMarkyMark

Nov 6, 2003

Yep. Also, remember that in AotC, Anakin felt his mother was in pain because of the dreams he was having about her. If he has dreams about Padme dying ... he's going to assume they are prophetic visions, too.

16. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002

Indeed! So, he sees that Padme will die and that he himself will kill her. Naturally, that starts to worry him a lot, so off he goes to talk to Yoda and Palpatine. Yoda says "Young Skywalker, attachments will lead you to the Dark Side." Not the answer that Anakin wants to hear.

But Palpy says "Not to worry, my boy. After you kill her, I'll bring her back to life. I, of course, have the power. Those poor, weak Jedi don't." Anakin is VERY happy.

On Mustafar, Anakin is a little annoyed with Padme (perhaps he doesn't like the hairstyle?) So he chokes her to death, knowing that his master will arrive shortly and bring her back to life.

However, he finds out after he wakes up in his suit that Palpatine was lying. Not only did Padme REMAIN dead, but he himself needs a suit to live. And Palpatine controls the suit.

17. DarthScubbles

Sep 15, 2004
    Yep. Also, remember that in AotC, Anakin felt his mother was in pain because of the dreams he was having about her. If he has dreams about Padme dying ... he's going to assume they are prophetic visions, too.

Oh, the self fulfilling prophesy. I did not think of it that way. In Anakin's mad dash to obtain power to keep Padme from harm, he in turn causes it as the Dark side takes hold of him.

Interesting. Very poetic. Almost too good for a Lucas story.... almost...

18. Clone_Commando

Clone_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2004
    So what y'all are sayin is Mace gets his hand cut off? That would be cool. I wonder if Annakin returns the favor for Jango and beheads him. I doubt it but it would be cool.

19. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    According to a very good source. Mace gets thrown out the window by force lightning from Palpatine after Anakin cuts his hand off. No beheading here.

20. Clone_Commando

Oct 31, 2004
    So is it force lightning from Anni or Palpy

21. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Palpatine does the force lightning, lifting him out of the window falling on to the Coruscant traffic and the street below.

They also mentioned that when a limb (Mace's hand) is cut off, it diminishes some power of the force in you.

22. Clone_Commando

Oct 31, 2004
    Ok i got a couple of question about the generals "Henchman"

1 Do they have names caues the only thing i have heard them called is Henchmen.

2 Are they Aliens or droids or both?

3 Do they kill anything at all? Like jedi or say clonetroopers?

23. femme01

femme01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2004
    GG's guards are called MagnaGuard Droids.

24. Clone_Commando

Oct 31, 2004
    Thank u i was getting tired of calling them Henchman. LOL

25. femme01

femme01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.