main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Josh the Facts

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by RolandofGilead, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    The reason Palps isn't afraid is probably because Anakin is right behind Mace

Ah, but how do we reconcile this whole "take your best shot, I'm not afraid" line with the "I can'y go on, Master Windu, I give" line Josh already tipped us off to?

I think the latest quote is between Mace and Palps alone. Then, after a fight, Anakin runs in to find Palps near-defeated (pretending, of course). Then, it's on.

2. JediAJ

JediAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 23, 2004

Nice to have the Death Star confirmed for Episode III, can't wait to see that thing rising in the window of the Star Destroyer...apparently this is where we see it, along with the Emperor and Vader looking out at it.

Well...Hope so anyhow.

:D

3. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Is there any way we can stop the blindmens' parade and change the thread title to what it should be?

4. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Same, cant you edit it?

Arent you a mod?

5. Darth_Howell_III

Darth_Howell_III Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2002

"Don't you know, aren't you MOD?
    -Howell, parodizing Shatner, STAR TREK V

6. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    I don't edit threads that aren't in my forum. Call it mod courtesy.

7. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    i may have missed htis but why does it need editing?

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Give us a reason and we'll consider it.

9. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    Well I consider Josh a friend, but I think it's just wrong to blindly follow and believe whatever he says is in the film when he openly admits he hasn't seen a cut.

What he says is pure speculation, like any other spoiler source, whether from TFN or MF.com. If this is the new precedent, why not cleverly rename the thread after some of the other spies, since their information is nothing different from that of Josh.......speculation.

My intentions are not to start any sort of trouble, but I think it's unfair to lead users on, new and old, and promote information like it's from the mouth of George Lucas himself. It is his site, which gives him the right to do whatever he chooses, I just think we owe the community a little better than that.

10. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    well I don't think it's all speculation.......he has sources and he has been good in the past.........we don't choose to follow blindly and most of the stuff that has caused us issues is us over speculating and then calling iut fact..........like the yoda fart and the fact taht he had a script or the movie rough cut

11. Darth_Howell_III

Darth_Howell_III Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2002
    -__-_-_-_- -

Excepting the fact that I do not know J personally, your post represents an accurate summary of my own point of view.

If someone doesn't have the script, I believe they should step forward and say "I don't have it, I'm speculating just like the rest of you."

Do not (albeit with silent, tacit consent), permit others to beg for something you presently cannot provide.

12. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    why do you ppl think that he is just making this up........he was reliable in the past..........just because he does not have a script or has not seen the movie does not mean he does noyt konw ppl thaT HAVE.........it slays me how some people can come to a spoiler forum and then all they can do is try to discredit the best spoiler sources we have.......I think some people need to get laid

13. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    you do know that the mace/palps scene in ROTS is reminiscent of the vader/obi 'if you strike me down' scene in ANH right?

14. Anakin_Skywalker217

Anakin_Skywalker217 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2003
    When I finished reading this, I felt so left behind. I didn't know anything. :p

Thanks Roland.

15. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Give us a reason and we'll consider it.

Joshpeculation sounds better as a thread title.

16. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

I disagree.

Josh is not speculating. He's giving us information that has been reliable and has yet to be contradicted as false. Consider this... If he reveals his exact source of information, he could be getting people into trouble.

We all understand what's been going on with this thread. Caveat Emptor.

17. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    you do know that the mace/palps scene in ROTS is reminiscent of the vader/obi 'if you strike me down' scene in ANH right?

In what way?

And how do you know this?

18. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    Joshfra

Is a better title for this thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, we'll take it into consideration.

20. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001

Hey TC, I never knew that! :eek: HowS it similar? In terms of the dialouge they use?

21. VanillaZinger

VanillaZinger Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Hey TC, I never knew that! HowS it similar? In terms of the dialouge they use?

I was trying to work that out myself. Is it Mace or Sidious who has the rhyming line?

22. Obi-Wan-Kenobi-

Obi-Wan-Kenobi- Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2005
    Hey!! That picture is cool!!!

23. Obi-Wan-Kenobi-

May 7, 2005
    Darthy, I think that Palpatine kills Padme, because Anakin wouldn't kill her.

24. Obi-Wan-Kenobi-

May 7, 2005
    I think that's right. I read a script of theforce.net and in it, Anakin knew that padme had told Obi-Wan where he was, so he choked padme, but she didn't die.
    Then, Obi-Wan and Anakin started fighting, and Obi-Wan sliced off Anakin's arm and legs. Then, Anakin fell into the lava, and Obi-Wan escaped with Padme on his ship. Padme had been pregnat with Luke and Leia, but the force choke had hurt her so much, that after giving birth to Luke and Leia, she ided.

25. Obi-Wan-Kenobi-

May 7, 2005
    I think palaptine was either using his lightsaber, or Dark Lightning. If it was Dark Lighning, then Mace was blocking it with his lightsaber, and Anakin came up behind Mace, and cut him in half. If it was a lightsaber, then well, Mace just isn't Darth Maul:) He couldn't take on two at once.

Obi-Wan-Kenobi-
    Sauron: Fool!!! No man can kill me!! Die now!!!!
    Pippin: Waht about second breakfast?? Lunch?? Tea?? Dinner?? Supper??? I doubt he knows about those!!
    Vader: I want them alive!! No desintigrations!!!
    Boba: As you wish
    Boba: Dad!! Look
    Jango: Get into the cockpit, son!!
    Taun We: Boba... Is your father here??
    Boba: Yup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.