main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Joss Whedon Rules! (ie The Buffy and Angel Thread)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Princess_Skywalker_, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    As much as I like the Gentlemen I hate that they fly instead of walking. I've thought very seriously about doing that as a costume. The only drawback is, as I said, the floating part. It just wouldn't be the same.

Can't even shout
    Can't even cry
    The Gentlemen are coming by

Lookining in windows
    Knocking on doors
    They need to take seven
    And they might take yours

Can't call to mom
    Can't say a word
    You're gonna die screaming
    But you won't be heard

2. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    My season 2 Buffy dvds just came in the mail today. :D

You can do a Gentleman costume, IA. We'll just put you on wheels. :p

3. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I am slowly entering the world of Buffy, so give me some time. Thanks to FX, I have been watching the previous seasons.

4. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    yeah I use to watch them on there as well...then I moved and they don't carry FX here. I hate the cable company.

5. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Which of the guys Buffy had a relationship with did you like?

6. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    hmmmm.....
    Angel was smokin hot when he was all dark and deep and tortured. God there was nothing sexier than that. The whole story line of the forbidden love of he & Buffy and then when they get together and he goes bad and she has to kill the love of her life. Genius. I watch Angel, but it was never the same. The angst and pain is what made it so good. doomed from the start. you knew it would never work. but that's life isn't it?

Riley Ok I liked him. He was a cutie. He was stupid as hell and tried so incredibly hard to win her love and attention. Like a little puppy dog. But he wasn't scarred enough. Buffy needs a complicated man. Someone dark and deep that has been to hell and back. poor riley never stood a chance.

And last there is Spike. I enjoyed him a LOT as a bad guy. And there are a lot of Buffy fans that hated it when he went "good". But to me, he always had this hidden level, he wasn't the same as Angel. Angel basically would have done anything rather than hurt someone (when he wasn't Angelus)because of the whole guilt/soul thing. Spike had to BECOME good on his own and for that reason I don't think he completely left it all behind. And I'm talking about all the stages from the chip to the crap he went thru to get his soul later. The last season with all the problems he was facing showed that he had issues still. Which is good because Spike as a total good guy would have sucked.

Who is my favorite Buffy guy? I really don't think Buffy can be with a guy. I think she is supposed to be on her own. If I would have to pick one that could handle her it would be Angel.

But my favorite of the love interests on the show was Spike BY FAR. And especially during the Glory days. He knew he was in love with Buffy and she hated him.
    I think the BEST scene regarding the whole love/hate thing was when Glory tortured Spike to get the info about who the key was and failed, and he's back in his crypt all beat to hell, and it's after the whole Buffy bot fiasco and the scooby gang and Buffy are pissed about it. And the bot asks Spike what happened and he explains that he couldn't tell Glory that Dawn was the key because it would have killed Buffy if anything happened to Dawn, and he loves her too much for that. And the bot comes over and softly kisses Spike and he realizes it was really Buffy. I couldn't get over how amazing that scene was.

I also enjoyed the 6th season after Buffy comes back and only Spike understands what she went thru. When she was bleeding all over her hands and Spike was the one that knew it was because she had to claw her way out of the coffin, that she woke up basically being burried alive. terrible.

7. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    one interesting thing i recently found out, (well it was interesting to me at least...)

was that Gina Torres who played Jasmine on Angel is married to Laurence Fishburne!

I was reading an article on what Buffy/Angel cast members were up to, future projects, etc. I have to go back and get it to read the rest of the article.
    Would have bought the magazine then, but the people in front of me were having problems and I didn't want to make everyone wait for me any longer...

8. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Yeah, we need some more Firefly characters guest starring on Angel next season.

Note for those not familiar with Firefly: Gina Torres (Jasmine) and Nathan Fillion (Caleb) were both full-time cast on Firefly until it was dropped.

9. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    oi! i did not know that! well caleb use to be on all my children. i actually watched that show yes, but it wasn't my fault. i was in college and this bartender at my work got my hooked on it while we were supposed to be setting up for the next shift ;) :p

that and i also met a past girlfriend of his when i was a flight attendant. actually i think she may have been his finace at one time...

10. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Was he on All My Children? I remember he used to be on One Life to Live. :p

*Wanders off, whistling innocently*

[face_blush]

(Blame my grandpa. I used to spend the summers with him, and he was a total ABC soap addict.)

11. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    oops i think kirana is right...all my children was sarah michelle gellar's old soap...one life to life was caleb's. :p
    all i remember is he was involved with this chick that was old enough to be his mother that WAS his mother's rival i believe. i think he was supposed to be underage too. sick. sick. sick. :p those soap operas. tsk. :p

12. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    ok time for some more buffy quotes. These would all be from Spike. Being that he usually has the funniest sarcastic lines on the show, or did rather, before they cancelled it. bah. :(

Ahhhh, my head. I think I'm sobering up. It's horrible. Ah... God... I wish I was dead.

It's a big rock. I can't wait to tell my friends. They don't have a rock this big.

If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move.

Help me out here, Spock, I don't speak loser.

You were my sire, man! You were my... Yoda.

....and then there is mushy spike :p
    I know you'll never love me. I know that I'm a monster. But you treat me like a man.

I do remember what I said. The promise. To protect her. If I'd done that ... even if I didn't make it, you wouldn't've had to jump. I want you to know I did save you. Not when it counted, of course. But after that. Every night after that. I'd see it all again, do something different. Faster or more clever, you know? Dozens of times, lots of different ways ...Every night I save you.
    ....sigh. how could they have cancelled it?

13. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    'cause smg wanted to do movies.

i liked nasty spike over mushy spike. but that's just me.

14. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    ahm yeah nasty spike was cool. guess you have to be a chick to fully appreciate the the unrequited love for buffy spike. :p

15. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    what's there to understand? a demon that defied its own nature based on the mental template of its dead codependent sissy boy host, and essentially locked itself inside a box where it can watch the dead guy take over pining for the demon's infatuation?

er.

i think i just figured out how similar spike & angel's ensoulment are... darn it princess, look what you made me do!

16. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    **shakes her head sadly** tsk tsk blackfeather. you just don't get it. sigh.

17. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    could you explain to me what the appeal is? is it the "bad boy made good" thing, the dangerously codependent thing, what am i missing?

18. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    ok. it's partially the bad guy thing, the deep, dark, angst-y thing, but it really has to do more with how much he unconditonally loves her.

the scene i just posted about where he tells her about reliving the day she died over and over and the scene i posted before where she came to see him after glory tortured him....
    those were amazing! oi!
    i can't explain it, they were just incredibly moving to me...

19. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I don't entirely understand the draw, but in my experience almost every girl wants a bad boy they can reform.

20. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    i don't.
    spike was appealing cause he was dark and full of woe is me angst, but in real life, i don't like guys that are jerks. i prefer deep angst-y men, but not creeps.

"i like nice men" :p

21. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    "what did you do this weekend?"

I watched season 2 of Buffy on DVD.... ;-)

It's incredible, even now, of all the nods that the show has thrown to it's previous (and future) episodes.

The episode that started with Oz looking at the cheerleader statue from different angles made me think at first, "okay, Oz is looking at the cheerleader statue. Why?"

Then he mentiones, "the eyes follow you where ever you go" and it was like, Oh yeah, Amy's Mom!

Such a wonderful show. And to think, even is Season 2, Spike never wants the world to end because, as he put's it, he likes having Happy Meals on legs ;-)

22. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002

It's incredible, even now, of all the nods that the show has thrown to it's previous (and future) episodes.

The episode that started with Oz looking at the cheerleader statue from different angles made me think at first, "okay, Oz is looking at the cheerleader statue. Why?"

Then he mentiones, "the eyes follow you where ever you go" and it was like, Oh yeah, Amy's Mom!

Such a wonderful show. And to think, even is Season 2, Spike never wants the world to end because, as he put's it, he likes having Happy Meals on legs ;-)

23. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    guess you have to be a chick to fully appreciate the the unrequited love for buffy spike.

im sure there's plenty of guys that can empathize with spike's situation... probably why Joss set it up that way..
    --

i got Angel season 1 on DVD a few months back and am gonna invite some friends over every other week or so to watch a few episodes...

24. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    im sure there's plenty of guys that can empathize with spike's situation... probably why Joss set it up that way..
    perhaps. but guys aren't usually as open (talking about it) about stuff like that, not as open as girls are at least...
    and i think a lot of what Joss put into the shows were from personal experiences and feelings, etc...so there's at least ONE guy who understands it. :p ;)

a viewing party...
    that's actually a great idea....i wish i could do it, i just don't have any friends NEAR me that love it like i do. dang. :(

25. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002

That's exactly what I did over most of the weekend, too. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.