main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Joss Whedon Rules! (ie The Buffy and Angel Thread)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Princess_Skywalker_, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    well we are going to watch some more angel season 1 on thursday night... if you want to come down to SD, you're welcome to join us...

probably not much mexican food or margaritas, but you never know.

2. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    hoody hoo! what time??? pm me with the details and i am soooo there. grooviness :D

angely goodness! yippie!

3. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    yippie! an angel party :p

more buffy lines....
    Spike: Talk and I'll have your guts for garters.

(When asked what he's gonna do with Angel)
    Spike: I'm thinking dinner and a movie. I don't want to rush into anything, I've been hurt you know.

Xander: MAN that guy got major neck in his day!

Xander: ANGEL'S OUR FRIEND! Except I don't like him.

Buffy: Spike is going down! You can attack me. You can send assassins after me. That's fine! But NOBODY messes with my boyfriend!

Spike: Aren't you a throw himself to the lions sort of sap these days? Well the lions are on to you baby.

4. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    sigh. i finished watching my buffy tape. :( had i KNOWN that i wouldn't have fx down here, i never would have taped over the other buffy tapes i had started off fx reruns. :(
    damn.

ok last of quotes from my tape:
    Buffy: You can't spend the rest of your life waiting for Xander to wake up and smell the hottie.

Oh the sweetness that was Oz and Willow sniff, sniff...I forgot how much I love Oz. Joss needs to bring him back! :p
    Oz: I'm gonna ask you to go out with me tomorrow night. And I'm kinda nervous about it actually. It's interesting.
    Willow: Oh, well if it helps at all, I'm gonna say yes.
    Oz: Yeah it helps. It creates a comfort zone. Do you wanna go out with me tomorrow night?
    Willow: OH I can't!
    Oz: See I like that you're unpredictable.

Xander: Enough said. Forget it. Must have been my multiple personality guy talking. I call him idiot Jed. Glutton for punishment.

Angel: I...I love you. I try not to but I can't stop.

Willow: It's against all laws of god and man, it's CORDELIA!

Xander: We were just kissing, it doesn't mean that much.
    Willow: No. It just means that you'd rather be with someone you hate than be with me.

Xander: Woah. Woah. I think I'm having a thought. Yeah yeah yeah that's a thought. Now I'm having a plan! And now I'm having a wiggins.

Willow: Don't warn the tadpoles!

Buffy: Nothing's ever simple anymore. I'm constantly trying to work it out. Who to love or hate, who to trust. It's just like the more I know, the more confused I get.

Cordelia: So does looking at guns really make girls wanna have sex? That's scary.
    Xander: Yeah I guess.
    Cordelia: Well does looking at guns make you wanna have sex?
    Xander: I'm 17. Looking at linoleum makes me wanna have sex.

Faith (the genius slayer): ALL men are beasts Buffy. It's not cynical, I mean it's realistic. EVERY guy from manimal down to Mr. I love the English Patient has beast in him. And I don't care how sensitive they act, they're all just in it for the chase.

And my all time favorite Faith quote:
    "Ronnie. Deadbeat. Steve. Klepto. Kenny. Drummer. Eventually I had to face up to my destiny as a loser magnet. Now it's strictly get some and get gone. You can't trust guys..."

5. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Got my Angel Season 2 on DVD...

I miss Doyle...best buffy/angel character ever :(

6. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    I was totally in shock when Doyle died. You can't kill someone who's in the opening credits in the ninth episode! :eek:

And that's why Joss is great. Don't tell him "You can't do that." because he will just take it and turn it into something amazing.

Poor Doyle, though. I really liked him. And the actor who played him (Glen something. It's bugging me that I can't remember his last name. He was so great as idiot Mark on Roseanne, too. [face_plain]). He died last year. :(

7. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Got my Angel Season 2 on DVD...

ugh. did i mention i hate you? :p
    j/k

Yes it was sad that he died. It was an OD I believe. It was so weird seeing him on Angel after playing Becky's bad bf/husband Mark on Roseanne all those seasons. :p

Angel Party Angel Party Angel Party WOO!

8. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    Glenn Quinn is the actor's name, and it was quite a shame that he OD'd...

9. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    :eek:

I never even made the Mark/Doyle connection!!!! Wow. This is me being knocked on my arse. I feel like a goon now. Of course I wasn't a huge fan of Rosanne, lol.

10. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    ok last night ruled. had tons of fun. thanks james!! we so have to do that again.
    angely goodness!

yes! you know i forgot how much i liked his character back then. even more than spike i think :eek: :p
    and what is UP with Doyle's accent going out every couple of words?? :p
    and cordy actually entertained me back then. go figure.

it's so good to be able to see the eps i missed and the ones i forgot about!

ok i'm off now. (and not like a great big poof)
    but i do have to pick up some of that nancyboy hair gel that i like so much... ;)

11. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    John Ritter died this morning :(

I post this here b/c the last thing I remember seeing him in, is the episode of buffy where he played the android dude.

Rest in peace John. :(

12. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    yeah i just heard that as well. :( so sad. he was too young.

now there will never be a threes company reunion after all. :(

13. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    since this is a buffy thread, they might not have a three's company reunion, but the Master might call for a reunion of The Three.

[image=http://www.btvsccg.com/images/cards/Character_073.jpg]

(season 1, ep 7:Angel)

14. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    After the Angely Goodness viewing party and the awesome infamous Nancyboy Hairgel line...I got to thinking...

Spike usually was the one that had to deal with the whole not being "Angel" thingy...I loved the fact that it was the other way around for a change in this ep.

Angel: OK, maybe I'm outta line, but this is kind of a curve ball for me. I mean, we are talking about Spike here.
    Buffy: It's different. He's different. He has a soul now.
    Angel: Oh. Well.
    Buffy: What?
    Angel: That's great. [Mutters] Everyone's got a soul now.
    Buffy: He'll make a difference.
    Angel: [Still muttering] You know, I started it. The whole having a soul. Before it was all the cool new thing.
    Buffy: Oh, my God. Are you 12?
    Angel: I'm getting the brush off for Captain Peroxide. It doesn't necessarily bring out the champion in me.

15. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    oh more quotey goodness:

angelus: "Passion is the source of our finest moments- the joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstacy of grief."

oz: "i mock you with my monkey pants"

Angel: "You still my girl?"
    Buffy: "Always."

Cordelia: "Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass"

angel: "kiss me"
    buffy: "finally, something i want
    to do"

Buffy: "Add it up, it all spells duh!"

Xander: "People don't fall in love with what's right in front of them. People want the dream - what they can't have. The more unattainable, the more attractive."

16. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I have a question for all you buffy fans. i have started watching it on FX. the on on yesterday left me wit ha few questions.

when buffy killed angel, why did she do it? why did he come back?
    and what happens to the guy that he gets his own show?

17. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    you need to watch!! it's a good show. ok ok...long story short...

you know he & buffy had a ah, "moment of happiness" and that broke the curse that had given him his soul. so he turned back into angelus. when he was all evily he decided to bring back Acathla, this evil demon. once the ritual started, the only way to stop it was for her to send them (Acathla and angel) to hell. of course willow restores angels soul right before so buffy has to send the man she loves to hell (instead of his evil soul-less alter ego).

so angel comes back from hell of course because we can't just leave things like that.

he helps save the day and leaves at the end of season 3 because he and buffy can never truly be together and be happy or he will lose his soul again obviously. off to la he whisks like a great poof. ha ha. :p

18. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i think i might try to borrow the DVDs from some of the FFers. it looks like a good shoe for the few i have watched.

thanks for answering my questions.

19. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    no problem. ;) i highly recommend it. one of my all time favorite shows! actually, tied with Twin Peaks of course, it IS my favorite show. :D

20. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    I'm watching the Buffy episode "Superstar" on fx right now. I am in awe of Joss's wonderfulness: I can't believe that they did a whole new opening credit sequence for ONE EPISODE! But it adds so much to plot of that episode. Fantastic. :D

21. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm watching the Buffy episode "Superstar" on fx right now.

:_|
    CURSE YOU COX CABLE COMPANY! CURSE YOU!!

i am forever fxless. :( i need fx-ey goodness. blah.

and apparently i cannot type today either. what next? apocalypse? :p

hey, i've died twice

22. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    angel is not a poof!

heh.. i've got time warner cable.. which comes with FX!!

23. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    james you taunt me. damn you. :p damn you and your time warner to hell!!! :p hee hee j/k

i hate that my cable company STILL hasn't gotten it. it's so weird. they claim it's some problem with the channel, that they have been in talks to get it for quite some time now. sounds like a load of crap to me. bah. :p

scuse me, i must go prance away like a little poof (like angel) now :p

24. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    that's a vending machine poof!

"Anyone see how much fire i'm not on right now?"

-Angel, enjoying the sun in the demon dimension that in no way resembles rural southern california.

25. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    does a vending machine prance? :p

from the party:
    "there's a shadow RIGHT behind him!" "daylight, hello!"

oh did i mention that the OLD sunnydale high is like 5 minutes from my place? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.