main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Joss Whedon Says No More Serenity

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_William, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    From cinematical.com:

Joss Whedon Says No More Serenity

When Joss Whedon's Firefly television show met an early, unfortunate demise after only one season, his fans roared their disapproval. The combined strength of their voices was heard, and the result was a continuation of the series via a theatrical feature film called Serenity. Fans rejoiced.
    Unfortunately, very few others rejoiced, and the movie was met with a very lackluster box office performance. Despite this, rumors of a second season (licensed by another studio or some outside financing group) or even a second film have persisted -- perhaps because of the successful fan uprising the first time around. Joss Whedon has finally met those rumors head on, and flatly denies any hope for a return to the Firefly universe. Whedon bluntly declared: "There's no sequel, no secret project regarding Serenity or some such and I'm not even sure how anyone thought there was talk there. So let's put that to bed and smother it with a pillow." Sorry, fans, it looks like the movie was your last hurrah. Well done on bringing the first film about, though, and congrats on being truly dedicated, exciting fans. All directors should be lucky enough to land fans like you.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    this kinda sux. I was hoping that there would either be more shows or movies. I thought this was a very good series and could actually have life.

3. TravisTheGeek

TravisTheGeek Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2006
    The shows/movies may be over, but I'm fairly sure Serenity will live on in at least comic form as well as potential novels.

4. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Might as well... Buffy is getting an official "Season 8" Comic from Dark Horse (I hope it starts off with the Cabbage Patch demon Kids), and I've heard rumors that Angel will too. Hopefully he just rounds out the whedon-verse to give Firefly a new season or two. You know that man comes up with a story a day just sitting in his bathroom, so its not like he has to work at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.