main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Journal of a Clone

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth-Seldon, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    The following is a private account from a Clone Trooper of Kamino

I never knew why so many fear the darkness of the night. For I have no such fear. During my short childhood I feared what I saw when my eyes opened. I would fear what the next day would bring me. In other words I fear the daylight.

Cloning Jango Fett began a little over ten years ago. I was one of the first clones produced. Very few of the Cloners actually knew of my existence. I and about twenty others were the experimental clones. The Kaminoans would alter Jango?s genetic code slightly and would test which change would produce the best results. I was made to think independently, something none of the troopers have. My ablity was kept hidden from most just as I was physically hidden.

During my first five years of life, I lived normally. I was allowed to wander the halls of Tipoca City. I often found myself hidden in the Central Library. While the other troopers were in combat training, I studied various galactic topics. Taun We often told me that I would not need combat training because I would never be permitted to leave the city. Soon the doctors wanted to run more extensive tests on me. When I refused, I was locked in a small white cell. And so my next five years were spent in that small torture chamber. Various medical personnel would send probes into my mind. This is when I began to fear the day. Night time was often a time where I could heal from the wounds and injuries of the day before.

Ten years into my life, the opportunity finally came where I could leave this planet forever. Jedi Master Yoda came to Kamino to take the first group of Clones with him. My escape plan which I had devised five years before was finally tested. I escaped my cell and wandered the gleaming white halls again. Taun We had told me of Yoda?s arrival a few hours before he entered the city, that was her first mistake when dealing with me. I escaped and I suited up in the Clone armor. I then sneaked off into a crowd of marching troops. As we blasted off, I looked back at the blue globe of Kamino. Hopefully I will never see it again.

Then we arrived on Geonosis. I was one of the troops who was aboard Yoda?s gunship. We formed a perimeter around the surviving Jedi. We were human shields surrounding Jedi Knights. If a blast came we would take it. Is a clone life less valuable than a Jedi? We are all human after all! We all share the same genetic code! But there is many of us and few of them. We can be replaced I suppose.

And so I watched the beginning of the Clone Wars. Clones are born in test tubes beside each other, they learn together, fight together and now they die together. The battles on this planet cannot be forgotten easily in my mind. The Jedi led us into a huge battle with the droids of the Trade Federation and the other corporate guilds.

After the battle I was assigned a most special task. I was one of the few troopers who was sent to The Chancellor?s Palace on Corucant. I spent a year here in this Palace. I was always amazed at the ever brilliant and equally mysterious Chancellor. I was never allowed in his office. I did however meet several of his guards, The Red Guard. They never spoke they reminded me of shadows on the wall. But I did observe that they obey all orders given to them by the Chancellor without question or hesitation. They reminded me of the other Clone Troopers. I often heard the HoloNews of the war. The entire galaxy was in a storm of chaos. A civil war which is shaking the very foundation of the Republic. I suppose that is the Separatist intent.

After a year in the palace I finally saw some more combat. And after the many battles I wished for my tormented life on Kamino! I saw bloody battlefields. Lasers would shoot toward me. The chaos of the battlefield is what us Clone Troopers lived for. The anticipation of the war was always part of our life. But no training could prepare for the mind storm! That is what it is a mind storm. During it you cannot th

2. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Any thoughts?

There is more to come, but I would like to hear what you all have to say.

3. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    If you like this or the planet Clentonia, you should really investigate my other Fan Fic.

They are found in the Before the Saga Forum.
    The First story is
    DARK PLANET (Part One of the Tren Hadri Trilogy)
    The Sequel to that is
    COSMIC SHADOWS (Part Two of the Tren Hadri Trilogy)
    The final story has yet to be written.

COSMIC SHADOWS also takes place on the planet of Clentonia.

Darth Seldon

4. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    The story has been updated.

It is now complete.

What do you think?

Seldon

5. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Good work Seldon. I like how you described what the clone went through.

An important point you wrote about here...... If a blast came we would take it. Is a clone life less valuable than a Jedi? We are all human after all! We all share the same genetic code! But there is many of us and few of them. We can be replaced I suppose.

6. garth_vader_99

garth_vader_99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2004
    I thought it was great Selden! Keep up the good work...

7. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    That was great Seldon. I hope there is more to come.

8. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Thank you all!

9. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Okay I never thought this was the type of story to have a sequel and I never planned one.

I am now currently working on the sequel, my work on it has been slowed from a lot of school work.

Anyway a few months after posting JOURNAL OF A CLONE on the JC I posted it on a few other SW boards. On one of them there was a group of members asking for a sequel or more to the story. So I began writing one. That beginning of a story was then posted on that site. Now I have decided to go back and write the sequel. I will soon post a link in this thread to the sequels thread.

I hope you enjoy the sequel which should be around here in a couple of days (depending on school work).

Thanks
    Seldon

10. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I enjoyed this story a lot and this clones perspective on both what it is to be a clone and on the war.

The underground city was interesting and it was sad that although they won there the Republic was defeated elsewhere and so the victory meant little in the larger context.

11. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Very nice! I liked the clones journey from the sanitized life of Kamino into battle. His thoughts and revelations about the war and a clone?s place were interesting and sometimes really sad.

12. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Thank you all for your kind comments.

I appreciate that you all read through the story.

-Seldon

13. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Well I have begun work on a Journal of a Clone II
    I hope you will all check it out.
    The link is,
    http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/15826251/?0

hopefully I will get that story finished soon.
    Thanks
    Seldon

14. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

Just the idea of writing from the point of view of a clone soldier is something that would have never occured to me. I don't read much fan fiction, except for one special lady, so I don't know if that's an original thing to do...but I was impressed. It's another great example of the creativity that's possible in that galaxy far, far away. It's endless!

Congrats Darth Seldon! :)

15. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    :-B This was an original take on the Clone Wars. Interesting and well written. :cool:
    I liked the way it was written in first person too. Good stuff! :)

sg

16. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Thank you all for the kind words.
    As of right now I have never seen another fanfiction told from the point of view of a clone. As far as I know, I'm the only one who has written like that. I could be wrong because I don't read all that much fanfiction.

Thank you all for the support.
    -Seldon

17. MerryWLukefan

MerryWLukefan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Great perspective. I really like the idea.

18. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Thank you MerryWLukefan,
    I think a lot of times good stories come from an interesting perspective (not that I consider my writing to be 'good')

The Catcher in the Rye by Salinger is about normal life. Told from a very interesting perspective and it becomes a classic.

Orwell's 1984, is about the terrible world of tyranny that could exist in the future. The majority is in support of the government of the Party which oppresses everyone and eliminates freedom. What makes the novel so interesting is the main character is one of the few people in the world who oppose the all powerful party.

So in writing a story, I usually try to come up with an interesting perspective. The authors of SW novels usually write about the Jedi Knights or the bounty hunters. I wanted something new and different from what the reader usually sees. I thought that to tell the story of the Clone Wars, the story of the individual clone soldier would be an interesting way to approach the story.

Thanks
    -Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.