main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Journal of a Princess (CT, AU, Leia) - UPDATED 7/5 - In Honor of a Friend

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: Journal of a Princess
    Summary: The following will be a series of Leia's thoughts through out the Classic Trilogy, and the events that made her life.
    Category: Classic Trilogy, AU.
    Notes: Written in the first person of Leia Organa.

Log #1
    Pre ANH
    Alderaan

~~~~~

- It finally happened today. Father told me he thinks I should get married. He's been showing off rich young Alderaanian men to me all day long. I think it must have been Aunt Susaan that convinced him of finding me a husband. He was never so concerned of me getting hitched before. I'm only twenty years old. It's not like I'm going to die an old maid tomorrow or anything. I have alot of years left yet to get married.

Besides, most men here are nice, but they can be soooo boring. I want someone that's exciting, and isn't afraid to take chances. I want a man who isn't afraid to show his love for me in public. I want him to be so crazy about me that he'll do anything to make me happy.

Most important of all, I want him to be a bit of a Rogue. If my father knew what I was really looking for in a man he'd burn me at the stake.

This afternoon was something else. Lord Tion from the Imperial Government branch on Bakura was here this afternoon. Xavier Tion is his full name. He's afew years older than me, and handsome, but there's something about him that I don't really trust.

I told father that I'd give Lord Tion more thought, as he's the son of an old friend of father's from the Clone Wars, and I remember that his father had been a kind man. I haven't seen any of them in years of course. The war had been so long ago.

Father rarely talks about it. He says my mother died back then. My foster mother that is. I remember her a bit more than my real mother, but not much. I had only been four years old when we lost her. She died a year after my real mother did.

What I remember most was of how proud she'd been of me and that she was happy to have been my mother.

I miss her so much. I guess you never really get over that sort of thing.

End Log.

2. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Beautiful. Very Leia.

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Most important of all, I want him to be a bit of a Rogue. If my father knew what I was really looking for in a man he'd burn me at the stake.

Ah-ha! The truth comes out :d Leia and Han were fated to be together :D I haven't read very many Han/Leia romances lately, but this is interesting, looking at Leia in her teens before she met Han.

~aeryn

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Looks good. I liked how you tied in the Radio series in your fic with Lord Tion. So she wants a rogue....maybe she'll get one...LOL.

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    dianethx: Oh, someone did remember that. I wasn't sure if anyone would. It's been awhile since the radio series. I thought I'd include Lord Tion because I always thought he'd been charming but also a bit of a rat. 8-}

I'm glad everyone is liking this. I should have the next update soon. ;)

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Log #2
    Pre ANH
    Alderaan

- Well, the dinner went off. I've never seen anyone so full of themselves in my entire life. To think I was actually hoping there'd be something there between us, even if it would be to just make father happy. He so desperately wanted for Lord Tion to be the one for me.

With my love of politics and my edge for leadership, father has always feared that I'd end up alone. Some old lady puttering around the Royal Court with no one to love me.

Someday the right man will reveal himself. Or at least I hope so. I don't want to ever be my aunt Theonia, or my aunt Caitleigh, living off the dreams and hopes of others, while I putter around in a big old house by myself, night after night. The crazy Queen of Alderaan. I can see it now.

End Log

7. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I can sympathesize so much with Leia in that last post.

~aeryn

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Log #3
    Pre ANH
    Alderaan

- The worst thing ever happened today. My best friend has passed away. It happened in the early hours of the morning. Lily was off in the Oro woods picking her favorite purple colored flowers, Tagern's, when offworlders found her. It was said they were likely scouting for slaves, as the planet, Jianor, which isn't far from Alderaan, uses slaves for breeding of their race. It was said that Lily likely faught them with everything she had, and that's why instead of taking her with them, they killed her instead.

I know sometimes the unexpected happens. That people die suddenly. But this was different for me. I feel as if I lost something deep inside of myself. Like something ripped away the very core of me. In a way, Lily was that core. I have other close friends of course. Winter is just about like a sister to me. I love her dearly so. But Lily was like the other half of myself. I never dreamed of life without her in it.

My family says that things like this, horrible things, can and always happen. We cannot control it. But we must learn to live with it and go on. Because that is all what we can do.

For Lily, my friend, I will certainly try.

End Log

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Poor Leia, loosing a good friend like that :D

~aeryn

10. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Nice Story-Looking forward to more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.