main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Journal of Mark Tantiss: (2012 Diary Challenge: AU, OC, L/M) COMPLETE with fanart

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Poor Mark. LOL Those training remotes have it out for him!!

And I think Kira will take the news in stride. She's fallen for him first. [face_love]

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hehehe. Mark and those blaster remotes. I loved the reunion!

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Aww, poor Mark, he's just a kid in a mans body. At least he's playing it smart. ;)

4. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    I really wonder what will Kira's reaction to Mark being a clone will be...
    If you have a good idea I would love to read a sequel of Second to None!

5. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    [image=http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f203/jedijade88/MarkandKira.jpg]
    Drawing by VagabondX

6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I do want to remind everybody that Mark may not look like Luke anymore because he had grown to over two meters tall and he outweighs Luke probably by 100 pounds of muscle by now. So his face and body would naturally look different. I never figured out exactly how tall Kira was but she is much taller than Leia and Mara. I want to thank VagabondX for doing this drawing for me. He is the fellow who did the "It was just a dream" drawing. You can check out his gallery at: VagabondX

7. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Dang! Mark is HOT!

Kira is so pretty![face_love]

8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Entry 38. Coruscant

A little later that day Kira?s older brothers, Shon and Jaycen, come over to her parents? house and are absolutely ecstatic to see her alive. When I was introduced to them, they gave me ?the look??and I know that look well. While Mara and I were on our smuggling run I would often give that very same gaze to men who leered at her. It was the ?You better keep your hands off my sister? glare. I can?t blame them for being over protective. They lost her once and they don?t want to lose her again.

Kira tells them who I am and all about her rescue and the two men warm up to me?a bit. I think I?m on probation.

She said she wanted to go see if the restaurant survived. Her brothers drive us over there in their airspeeder. It is miraculously intact and people are inside doing repairs. She offers to make us dinner and she asks me to invite Luke and Mara. I give them a call on my comlink and they said they would be over shortly. After I called Luke I realize that maybe that wasn?t such a good idea. With both of us sitting together at a dinner table, wouldn't our resemblance be noticeable to Kira and her brothers?

I decided I would cross that bridge when I got to it.

Luke and Mara show up at the restaurant about an hour later. We all had a nice dinner and nobody once questioned my resemblance to Luke? which is something I still have a hard time believing.

It?s like one of Chin's action-holos I watched where the superhero fights crime at night, but disguises himself as docile accountant by day?but the disguise consists of a pair of antiquated eyeglasses. I remember thinking, ?How can anybody not see that Mynock Man is actually Rik Xac? Everybody can see Mynock Man?s face and Rik is only wearing a pair of glasses!" Even Rik?s girlfriend can?t tell the difference even though Mynock Man had saved her four or five times during the holo.

Hey, I guess I shouldn?t complain because it meant I avoided some uncomfortable questions. I?m sure as soon as she finds out I?m a clone she will run in the opposite direction. Who wants to date a freak of nature?

At the end of the day, I say my goodbyes to Kira. She gave me a kiss and a hug and tells me to come back as soon as possible. I make my way back to the shuttle and Chin and I returned to the Wild Karrde...at least for the night.

I miss her already.

9. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    I miss her already.

Awwwww!!!!!!!!!!![face_love]

I like Kira's brothers.

10. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    So, wait... is Luke Superman or Clark Kent in this equation?

:p

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Luke is still Superman in my book. He is the galactic hero and celebrity that Mark is trying to not look like. But since there are actually two people and not an alter ego...they both can be supermen trying to live a normal Clark Kent life. ;) Unfortunately for Luke, the galaxy would never let him live a normal life. Mark has a much better chance of that happening.

12. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Awww, I love Mark getting to meet Kira's family. He and Mara have become one another's family but it must be so strange to not have a mother or a father. And I love the secret identity Superman type talk. LOL But I think Mark probably looks different enough for it not to be a problem.

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I miss her already.

Dawwwww! So sweet!

Even though they are clones, I don't think Luke and Mark would look extremely simmilar at this point - my brothers are identical twins and up until a year ago, they looked like the same person (at least to strangers), but now that one is going through puberty and has 20 extra pounds of muscle that has changed his face, they look completely different.

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Awwwww!!!!!! [face_love]

I think a beard makes a much better disguise than glasses, not to mention Mark's size.

15. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    Mynock Man! [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]
    Mark is such an innocent soul... Loved it!

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Mark doesn't really look like Luke at all now. His build is different, his voice is deeper, and I'm sure his facial features are more muscular. So his disguise is pretty good. But I think Mark still sees himself as a copy of Luke. He still has a problem with being a clone and I think this may distort his image of himself. He has only been around for three months and the changes were gradual to him (well, maybe not so gradual), but he still sees Luke when he looks in the mirror. I think as he gets older and becomes his own man this will change.

Since the move is on the 21st I will try to get up to the post where Mark tells Kira he is a clone. It won't be in this post but the next post.

~JL~

Entry 39. Wild Karrde

I?ve been sitting in my cabin thinking. This situation with Kira has me tied up in knots. Prior to meeting her I fully intended on continuing my career as a trader/smuggler with Karrde, but now the thought of being away from her is painful.

If Kira and I had a long courtship, I would feel more comfortable about leaving on one or two month long trade runs without seeing her. But we just met a few weeks ago?and half of that time I couldn?t be with her because I had to sit through boring debriefs with the New Republic leadership.

I think if I leave now she will soon forget about me and find another boyfriend. I want to stay, but I have my obligations to Karrde. I also have been considering Luke?s offer about Jedi training, but I heard rumors he wants to establish the academy on some outer rim planet. I don?t want that. Deep down, I know I should train to be a Jedi. I need to learn to control this power?especially after my encounter with Palpatine.

Kriff?n Palpatine...

I actively try not to think about what happened on Byss. I don?t want to be privy to the Emperor?s memories, but at night I have nightmares about things?I?m not sure if they are memories of the Dark Lord surfacing subconsciously or just horrific images my mind's eye conjured up. I really hope it is the latter. I would rather think I have one dysfunctional imagination than to believe these dreams are actual memories of that sick and twisted man. Unfortunately, I am fairly certain they are real recollections. Frack...there is so much information about the Sith Lord that I absolutely wish I didn?t know.

I'll worry about that later. Right now I need to figure out what to do with my life.

This is so frustrating. When I woke up on the Star Destroyer Independence all I wanted to be was my own man. I was going to be more than a clone of an original?I was going to be second to none. I would make my own decisions and decide my own fate. Now I find myself overwhelmed with decisions. Most young people when they have to decide ?what they are going to be when they grow up? had years to think about it. Parents and role models helped guide them to their future.

Flash training is great, but it doesn?t prepare you for a normal life. I doubt the clone war soldiers had these problems. They were given orders and they obeyed. They didn?t get to decide whether they would be a soldier or a speeder mechanic. Their fate was predetermined. I am glad I can do what I want, but I am worried that I will make the wrong decision.

I guess I?ll have to do my best and if I chose poorly?hopefully Mara will be there to smack me upside the head and tell me I?m an idiot. I am pretty sure I can count on my pseudo-sister to square me away if need be. And if my relationship with Kira works out?then I will have two women ready to set me straight.

Stang, what did I get myself into?

Entry 40. Wild Karrde

I was absolutely amazed today. Mara informed me that the New Republic paid the Wild Karrde crew for their work. Karrde received a one million-credit reward for taking out the Emperor and Byss. I thought Talon would keep most of the credits since he?s the boss, but he split the proce

17. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Awww, Mark. I have a whole new appreciation for him now. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Glad he's going to see Kira.

And it must be hard to be a clone, especially of someone like Luke. Famous and all that jazz. But I think Mark is definitely his own man. But he'll have to realize that on his own.

18. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I think Mark can do it. He's a resourceful, smart guy. And he has that Skywalker earnestness.

I'm interested to see what he does now. He's gonna want to stay with Kira, no doubt. Maybe she can go be the Jedi Academy's chef. Or the Wild Karrde's chef. Or a chef at the Jedi Temple.

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I have faith that Mark will choose the right path for him. He's pretty level-headed for a three-month-old. ;)

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Well, we all know from STN's epilogue that he chooses the right path. Question is, does he choose the easiest one?

I love the introspection in this chapter. His thought are, what I imagine, very realistic for a clone.

21. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    I guess I?ll have to do my best and if I chose poorly?hopefully Mara will be there to smack me upside the head and tell me I?m an idiot. I am pretty sure I can count on my pseudo-sister to square me away if need be. And if my relationship with Kira works out?then I will have two women ready to set me straight.

Got that right, bud!;)

22. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Aww, poor Mark, but I'm not too worried about him. He has plenty going for him. ;)

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, since you guys read the epilogue to Second to None, you all know a little about what happens...so guess there is no cliff hangers here when it comes to what Mark is going to do.

Okay, I said I was going to slow down and not post more than once a week, but ginchy wrote me a Mark/Kira shine and it won't be available until after I do the set up...which is the next post. You know me...I can't wait for bootknocking! Also I know the boards are going to go down in a few days, so I thought I would post the romance stuff and then write my plot stuff when the boards go down. I sure hope the data transfer doesn't have problems.

~JL~

Entry 41. Coruscant.

Chin brought me to Coruscant and I ended up getting a room for the week at one of the local hotels that survived the onslaught. It is near the Monument Plaza so I took a walk down to the Manarai restaurant. I was hoping that Kira would be there, but she hadn?t shown up. I did talk to the co-owner of the establishment. He said his business partner had died in the recent Imperial attack and the heirs to his estate were looking to sell their shares. Despite the restaurant?s excellent reputation, the possibility of more military skirmishes had scared off investors.

To make a very long story short?I am now half owner (and silent partner) of the Manarai restaurant. I think Chin would be surprised I was able to spend all my reward money before he did. But in Chin?s defense, it is hard to fritter away 200,000 credits quickly when you are shelling them out a credit at a time into a dancing girl?s skimpy outfit.

This really was an impulse purchase?.and after some thought I wondered if it was a good move?because I realized the only reason I did it was to remain close to Kira. Damn, if our relationship doesn?t work out then I am going to look like a desperate creepy stalker. I need to stop stalling and tell her I?m a clone. I dread it because there is a very good chance she will end our relationship.

I need to keep the fact that I am a restaurateur a secret. I don?t want Kira to feel pressured. She shouldn?t fear that her job would be in jeopardy if she dumps me. Not that there would be any possibility of that happening?me firing her that is?I am not so sure about the dumping part. I would understand if she didn?t want to be with me.

Entry 42. Coruscant

Kira showed up at the restaurant later that day. I asked one of the staff members to let me know when she arrived. I quickly went over to see her. We have dinner and then I asked her if she wanted to come over to my hotel room. She hesitates only for a moment before she says yes.

I know what she?s thinking? this is the day I am going to make my move. But no, it?s just time for her to find out about my past?or lack thereof.

The room I rented has a living area with a separate bedroom. So we sit on the couch and watch a holo first. I brought out a glass of wine for her and a non-alcoholic version for me. We make small talk?stang, I know I was stalling.

Finally I stop and turn to her. I reach out and hold her hands and gaze into her eyes. ?Kira?? I said hesitantly. ?I really like you.?

She tells me she feels the same. Now she has that nervous look on her face. She?s waiting for the ?but..?

?But, there?s something you should know.?

I guess I hesitated a little too long before continuing because she ventured a guess.

?You?re seeing somebody else, aren?t you??

I look shocked. ?What? No.?

She gets a grief-stricken look on her face. ?Are you breaking up with me??

?No, no,? I say. ?Stop, Kira. Let me finish.? I pause again, gathering my courage. ?I?m a clone.?

She gives me an incredulous look. ?What??

?You know how the Emperor had a lot of clones?I?m a clone?not one of Palpatine?s but another dark Force user created me.?

She just sits there dumbfounded.

I am getting very nervous right now. ?Kira, what are you thinking??

?I don?t know what I?m thinking Mark. It sounds like something

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Awww! That was so sweet.

Ok, Ginchy, where's the smut?

25. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Damn, if our relationship doesn?t work out then I am going to look like a desperate creepy stalker.

Yeah, like Mike Newton from Twilight... dang that guy creeped me out....

And now Kira knows, she was a little shocked at first, but she accepted it easily.

I smile. ?I?m also a virgin.?

She laughs and kisses me. ?That?s one problem that?s easily resolved.?

...I would write more, but I?m a gentleman.

*Passes out* LOVE IT![face_love]