main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Journey into Darkness: Rebels AU (Ezra, Sabine, Rex)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Vialco, Mar 20, 2018.

1. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    I've missed commenting of the two mid-chapters as I've been traveling the last two weeks, but this story is good. The description of a gradually darker Ezra is absolutely believable, and the comparison to Anakin's "darkening" is easy to see, but let's hope Ezra stops before he is reaching that level. He seems to be more interested in real power than Anakin were.

Two things confuses me slightly but blame it on me not seeing all episodes of Rebels. What is Hondo doing there? And who is basically in command (or should be), is it Hera or Ezra?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Thank you for all your kind words.

I'm glad the fight with the stormtroopers came across like Anakin's rage-induced slaughters. Ezra is fighting more like a Sith than a Jedi in that scene, as he doesn't give any of the troopers a chance to surrender.

On some level, Ezra knows what he did to Titus was wrong, but he can't accept that. He can't accept that what he's done is wrong, and that's why he keep justifying it to himself. I'm so glad you picked up on all this, it's exactly the theme I'm trying to get across. Sato's praise is also very deliberate, as Ezra's colleagues are just seeing the results. They haven't seen the methods up close and personal, they're just seeing the ends. If they knew the means Ezra was really using, their reaction would be quite different.

Glad you enjoyed this book, the next one should be up in a couple days here.

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    The way you're writing Ezra's slow approach towards the darkness is amazing. =D= Doesn't feel forced or too fast. great job so far.

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    It was very much meant to be a slow descent. I've written two sequels to this story as well.

Findswoman likes this.