main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Journey Into Knighthood[4]" COMPLETED **10/13*Q/O

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

This outline is from the three previous stories I have written about Obi-Wan's "Journey into Knighthood".

Some of you may not have read the stories before this one. Here?s a brief synopsis of what happened before this.

Obi-Wan is the son of Darth Sidious. His mother was Jedi knight Ra?lene. She was killed by Sidious guards but she managed to get Obi-Wan to the temple safely to have trained him as a Jedi. Ra?Lene was once padawan to Master Ramina. Tahl once loved Jinn but has been put in her place. Jinn?s is ?married? to the Jedi Order. He has made that clear.

Sidious has attempted once to get Obi-Wan back and was thought that he had given up. Of course Obi-Wan has already had a run-in with Bruck. The result was Bruck?s dimissal from the Jedi apprenticeship and reassignment to the Agricorps.

Dooku had to come to the temple in hopes of getting Obi-Wan as his apprentice but failed. The Jedi council was beginning to see a touch of the dark side in him, but could not prove anything.

We all know who Xanatos is. He?s Master Jinn?s failed apprentice and the reason Obi-Wan and Jinn got off on such a ?bad foot?. Qui-Gon was first afraid to take another padawan.

All that is resolved now between master/padawan. They share a soul bond. A very powerful bond for a Jedi to have. They will continue to work together even after Obi-Wan is knighted. Kenobi is turning 12 very shortly, in this story in fact. Of course the rock as a gift doesn?t come until his 13th birthday .Maybe Master Jinn can find something just as appealing for his 12th birthday!!!!!!

In the last story Sidious manages to capture Obi-Wan but when he realizes that the soul bond is unbreakable he relinquishes all claim to his son and denies him his birthright. Qui-Gon Jinn is given permission to adopt the child. That was Sidious? stipulation when he gave the boy back, Jinn was to have sole control of him. Also Darth Sidious acknowledges the fact that Obi is the chosen one but he along with Yoda know that the prophesies say that there are two chosen ones, one pure at heart which is Obi-Wan and one who will turn on the Jedi and go to Darth Sidious. I?m sure we can all guess who that is. Last but not least, Bruck and Xanatos have been killed at the hands of the Jedi. Mace killed ?Xani? and Bruck?s former master threaded a saber through his gut.

{Do I sound vindictively cruel?}, I am.

Follow me so far? I think that is all you need to know to get through this next story if you haven?t read the previous ones.
    Some of it is not needed. Have a question, just ask.

PEACE ewen

?Journey Into Knighthood?
    STORY 4

itilacs indicates mind speech or mind thought.

Master Qui-Gon Jinn sat at his kitchen table. He was in his small apartment on the fourth level of the Jedi temple. He shared his flat with his apprentice soon-to-be adopted son.

Today was a very important day for he and his padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi. At the request, no the demand of Obi-Wan?s real father Darth Sidious himself the boy would be legally adopted by Master Jinn.

The importance of this was overwhelming.
    Sidious had given Jinn sole custody of the boy. The Jedi could not overrule his decision when it came to Obi-Wan.

Only one person seemed over concerned by that bit of knowledge. Master Plo Koon. In his overtly selfish ways had decided that Obi-Wan, the chosen one would benefit from his Jedi expertise as a Jedi Master. He took it personally upon himself to launch and all out objection to Jinn training the boy once his true identity had been found out. He felt he was the worthier of the two masters to train such an esteemed Padawan.
    This coming from a master who at first wanted to deny Obi-Wan entrance to the Jedi training because his father was the dark lord himself, Darth Sidious.

Jinn was vaguely aware of Plo-Koon?s plot to interrupt the training of his apprentice, his son, but

2. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Before I even read this I have to say....Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! :D 7

3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  4. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    WOw one story over and another begun... Splendid Ewen!

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Where is everyone.

You did say you wanted me to continue!!

WELL

PEACE ewen

6. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    sorry.just found the story. great beginning. looking forward to more. not to worried about these two though. they will survive anything that plo koon throws at them. more soon i hope?

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I LOVE THIS EWAN, I JUST KNOW THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT STORY I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

8. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon sat the boy down and had him recant everything that happened when Master Plo Koon accused the boys of defacing the walls of the first floor fresher.

Obi-Wan had blatantly said Plo Koon lied on him but was swiftly reprimanded by his master.

Master Jinn suspected that Plo Koon might be causing trouble but he would for now not go so far, at least publicly or to his ?son?, as to accuse a master on the council of lying.

Plo Koon did go to the council with his ?supposed? suspicions of the boys wrongdoings but they were quickly amended when Jinn informed him that he had mind linked with Obi-Wan and found that both boys had told the truth. They were not responsible for the writings.

Plo Koon hid his displeasure at being corrected by Master Jinn, but he graciously apologized for his ?mistake?.

He had forgotten about the pair?s ability to literally go into each other?s minds.

The days leading up to Obi-Wan?s birthday had been very good for the little padawan. His class work, excellent, his saber skills, beyond reproach, and his spare times with his friends Bant and Garen where filled with laughter and simple pleasures of a Jedi his age.

He was totally oblivious to what Plo Koon was trying to do.

Life for Master Jinn was quite different. He suspected that maybe Plo Koon hoped to generate trouble for his padawan, so that he could step up and say that Qui-Gon was incompetent to train some one like the ?chosen one?.

He had only voiced his concerns to Master Windu and Master Yoda.
    Yoda warned him of jumping to a hasty conclusion but silently felt that Qui-Gon might be right.

Master Windu was bolder with his private statements to his friend. He reminded him that he had warned Jinn earlier that Plo Koon could be a problem to be dealt with.

?Wish he might train the boy he does. Know I do he will not. The force has designed the chilld?s future it has. That path will not waver due to Plo Koon?s jealousies or wiles.?

Qui-Gon was always amazed at how his former master could manage to speak in such a cryptic almost proverb way.

He walked away shaking his head and smiling. Qui knew he could deal with Plo Koon. It was Obi-Wan?s ability to deal with the possible interference of the council master that worried him. The child could not hold his own against an all out attack on the boy?s abilities or lack of them, especially by a master that sat very prominently on the council.

#####

Jinn zeroed in on his little padawan and found him in the gardens of the living force.

This garden had a miniature waterfall, lush plants, numerous birds and small animals that scurried about. It was Obi-Wan?s favorite garden. It was a place Qui-Gon often found the little boy meditating in when he came up missing.

Master Jinn knelt down with his padawan and meditated. Obi-Wan was not even aware that his master had come to kneel bedside him. He had grown to love his time of meditation, not like previously when he first came to the Jedi. He was unable to hold his concentration for longer than ten minutes when he first started to learn to meditate.

Obi-Wan started to get up before he realized his master was knelt beside him. He looked up to see father?s eyes gazing lovingly at him. The little padawan finally felt truly safe. He had found his sanctity in life and that ?safe place? was Qui-Gon Jinn.

?Shall we go to main dining hall for last-meal? I don?t feel like cooking and I ?really? don?t care for anything you fix.?

Qui-Gon nudged the little padawan in the ribs to accent his teasing of him.

That brought fits of giggles from Obi-Wan as he followed his father/master to have last-meal.

The dining hall was a bustling bunch of padawans and young knights who had the ability to eat and ?yell? at the same time. The noise did not seem to bother them. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan normally ate last-meal in their flat because of the noise, but he knew Obi-Wan loved having one last chance of the day to visit with his friends. He sent him on his way to find Bant and Garen as Qui sought out

9. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    1) Plo Koon's gonna have to get up pretty early in the morning with a scheme to get past that "soul bond"

2) Cheating!, what were they thinking, the poodoo's gonna hit the fan now. 7

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  11. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    YAY LOVING THIS I AM, MORE MUST I HAVE!!!!!!!!!!

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Glad to see this up and running. But cheating!! Not Good.

13. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
  14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    UP UP AND AWAY!!!!

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon was headed toward his apartment. He had just tried to mind link with his padawan, but found Obi-Wan shields tightly in place. He thought that a bit odd. What was even more odd was the fact that the child was not in his Astro physics class. He did not mind link with him, but he knew very well that his padawan was in their shared flat.

He opened the door with a quick jerk. He had envisioned the possibility that Obi-Wan was ill and was shielding to hide it from him. Relief overtook him when he saw the boy sitting on the sleep couch in the living room. Now he was stumped as to why he was home.

?Shouldn?t you be in your Astro Physics class??

?Yes master.?

?Didn?t you have a final test in that class today??

This was going to be worse than a dentist trying to pull an impacted tooth. It was obvious that Obi-Wan did not want to tell his master what was going on. That was the only thing that Master Jinn knew for sure.

?Do you have a good reason to be shielding from me??

?No master.?

?Padawan I want more of an answer to my questions than ?yes master? or ?no master?, I want an explanation of the ?yes? or ?no?.. Out with it. Why are you not in class and why are you shielding from me??

?Well you see? It?s like this I got?.Well no? Garen and I.?

Jinn reasoned that Obi-Wan must have gotten into some kind of trouble but since the boy had not said a coherent sentence, he was having a hard time deciphering what he was trying to say.

?Let us begin again. Did you get into trouble for something??

?Yes master?.

?Is Garen in someway involved too??

?Yes master.?

?Were you talking in class??

That was the only real infraction Jinn could think of that would have gotten the boy in trouble in a class. Obi-Wan wouldn?t, he didn?t think, be fighting or anything else that severe.

?Oh no master.?

There, Obi-Wan had completed a full sentence. But Qui-Gon was losing all patience with this ?20 questions? game they were playing.

?The next thing that comes out of your mouth Obi-Wan Kenobi had better be the explanation as to why you are here instead of in class.?

?I was? I mean Garen and I were told to leave the class and not come back until Knight Veetok has spoken with you and Master Ramina.?

FINALLY, he had managed to get the words out of his mouth. Well at least he had begun to explain. Now he would have to tell his master that he would get a ?big fat zero? for his test score.. He spoke the words so quickly that they all ran into together.

Jinn was shocked by what he said. His padawan, no his son had not gotten into trouble in a very long time. He had been the perfect padawan.

?What happened??

The words came out of Qui-Gon as a thunderous roar. It startled Obi-Wan at first. His new father was yelling, yes yelling at him.

Obi told of helping his friend and how he had intended it to be just with a couple of questions, as if that made a difference how many, but then he ended up helping Garen with the entire test.

Qui-Gon did not say a word as he listened to the child tell his story.

?Is that about it. You?re finished??

?I think so Master. I have nothing else to tell you about what happened except I can?t go back to class until you have spoken with Knight Veetok and of course I will get a zero on the test.

Kenobi hoped he could slip the last statement in really quick and maybe Qui-Gon would overlook what he had heard. He kinda trailed the last sentence off by speaking more softly with each word until his was talking in an almost whisper when he finished.

?WHAT?? ?Do you have any idea how many points that will bring down your grade too? You?ll be lucky to be in the upper 80% of the class. That is unacceptable Obi-Wan. You knew better than to do something this dishonest. How could you have done this? You know very well that Master Plo Koon is waiting to jump us at any sign of wavering in your teaching and you pull a stunt like this.?

Boy his master sure did not waste anytime before starting his lecture. Obi-Wan still did n

16. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Great posts, ewen. Poor Obi. When you said Obi/Garen cheat on Astrophysics test, I thought they didn't study and hence copied answers from someone else. Not that Garen would copy answers from Obi and get BOTH of them into trouble! :( Obi's at fault here, as well, of course, even though his intentions were good.

Post more!

Aunecah_Skywalker

17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi-Wan really did have good intentions.

But there is a proverb that says:

The road to "HELL" is paved with "GOOD INTENTIONS".

There's a little twist in this story that will rear its ugly head in the next post. Hope you stop back Sunday and read it.

PEACE ewen

18. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    I probably will. You have me at the edge of my seat with the latest post.

Aunecah_Skywalker

19. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
  20. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Obi better get comfy in that corner, might be a very long meeting with the teacher. 7

21. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Uh oh... Poor Obi. What sort of trouble does this kid NOT get into? Absolutely none! He gets into every trouble that exists in the world and then some! Oh boy. Great work Ewen.

22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Awww man it starts already, poor obiwan can't even call quigon dad now!!!!!!!! :_|

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Poor Obi-Wan? No- he brought this one on himself

24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I meant poor obiwan as in he can't call quigon father any more!!!!

25. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanx for upping for me.

Sometimes when a story first gets started its hard to keep it up on the front pages.

I truly appreciate it.

Have a post this afternoon for you.

PEACE ewen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.