main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Journey Into Knighthood[4]" COMPLETED **10/13*Q/O

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Hey, Zen, Obi may be a spoiled brat, but he's our spoiled brat, and don't you forget it! :D 7

2. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  3. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :( :( :( :( :( :(

Poor Obi. I just can't believe that Jinn cannot see his mistakes - and that he would blame Obi for them. And that was a nice timing, wasn't it? Walking in just in time to hear his apprentice retorting but not hearing what the other boy had said. He has a way of doing that. [face_plain]

ewen , if I don't see a post by tomorrow, I'm going to be very, very mad. ;) Okay, I'm just kidding, but that was a very evil cliffhanger. What's going to happen to poor Obi?

And I can't wait to read that post in which Qui realizes all the stupid "mistakes" he made with Obi. Maybe Obi is going to be slipping to the Darkside because of Qui's cruel behavior, and maybe Sidious is going to realize that maybe the chance that he had been waiting for has finally come. And maybe by the time Qui realizes what he has done, Sidious has already captured Obi and trying his best to actually turn him into a Sith. [face_plain]

Great post, ewen .

EDIT: AT ewen's request. :).
    Aunecah_Skywalker

4. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Ummm ewan why did u post that last post twice??? hehehehe

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ????

Sorry about the double post.

I switched from micro soft word to a word processor and have misnumbered my posts on the disk.

Let me figure this out.

Someone needs to edit their post on this page. I am just not sure!!

That is why the page is soo long!!!

It might be too many exclamation marks.

I did that once to a story

PEACE ewen

6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Aunecah_Skywalker Hehe i think it may be you and your long NOOOOOOOOOOOOO making the page go long like this!!!

7. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Qui-Gon as always not there when he needed and is there at the most wrong time.

Zen-Far looks to be even more spoiled brat than Xanatos was :D Are they going to make it tradition to torture our Obi?

Good post :)

8. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
  9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanx Aunecah

I found the lost disk with the story on it.

O.K. so I don't get an A for being organized,I not!!!!

Here's your "correct" post.

"What are you doing out here? You were told to stay in my room. APOLOGIZE now Obi-Wan Kenobi for what you called Zen-Far. I will not lower myself to even repeat it."

Mule, master all I said was mule, Obi thought to himself after making sure he was shielded.

"I will not apologize. I am getting tired of speaking the truth and getting punished for it."

Neither was thinking with a clear head.

"Then go back to your meditations, I will be in later."

"NO!"

Jinn pulled the boy very close to him.

"What did you say to me?"

"You heard me master I said no."

Jinn started to take the boy by the arm but Obi-Wan sidestepped him and ran out of the apartment??.

Jinn was left standing in the middle of the apartment with a run-away padawan on his hands.

"If you will excuse I must retrieve a child and I am sorry for his actions."

"No need to be sorry Master Jinn. I will just sit here and read the material you gave me. You do what you must."

Now why couldn't Obi-Wan be as levelheaded as this one.

After 3 hours of searching the grounds unsuccessfully Jinn was forced to notify the temple security and a more extensive search was started. He went to Master Yoda's apartment to talk it over with him.

"Lost a child you have? Not good it is when a master misplaces his own padawan, he does.?

"I have looked everywhere and I can't find him. When I do?.. I have called security. The entire temple is looking for him."

Yoda walked over to the comlink and called off the search.

"What did you do that for?"

"Have the boy I do. Exhausted and crying he was. On my bed now he is. Sound asleep from my force suggestion he is. Nothing else to him you will do. Talk here you will. If your senses you do not come too then stay with me tonight he will. Abuse this boy in favor of "Xani" you will not. Promised it to myself I did."

"It has nothing to do with my former padawan. You can't take my padawan from me. The bond..."

Yoda threw his hand up.

"Worry about the bond you did not when closed it off to him you did. Throw it up to me now you will not. Listen to his side of story you also did not. Only assumed you did that he was all wrong and Zen-Far was right. Never the case it is when two children, two jealous children argue. Blind you are Master Jinn to your son's needs. I on the other hand am not. Stay he will if anger for him by you is not curbed and curbed "NOW"!!!!."

Qui-Gon had had enough with his former master's meddling in his and Obi-Wan's business no matter how much he cared for the little troll.

"Very well you can keep him for tonight. I am going home to bed."

Another voice was heard from the room that did not belong to either master.

"Thank you for defending me Master Yoda, but I really need to go home. After all I should not need protection from my master, my father. It's not as if he is like my other father is he? The one who hated and denied me, I wish to apologize you Master Jinn. I will do whatever you say. I will also tell Zen-Far how sorry I am for calling him a mule."

A liitle chuckle could be heard from Yoda and Jinn sent him a look of warning..

Finally the boy had realized his mistakes and he wished to correct them. Jinn thought to himself. That should put my little beloved, but meddling master in his place.

"Sure you are Obi-Wan? Go home with your master you do not have too."

"I know. But it is my place by his side. "He" is "my" destiny."

Jinn and Yoda were both perplexed by Obi-Wan's 180 degree turn around. Qui-Gon also heard a little bit of anger in Obi-Wan's voice when he said "master" but maybe the master was not hearing clearly. Obi-Wan evidently wanted to correct what he had done. Who was Qui-Gon to stop him?

"Very well then decided it is. Go home with yo

10. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Another great post, ewen . So, even after the little green Jedi Master speaks, our tragic friend's towering master doesn't realize that he is the one doing the mistakes while Obi is the one being punished. ::Shakes her head and sighs:: Seriously, this Crion guy has come out of the blue and become a thorn in Qui-Gon's and Obi's relationship.

Obi is so brave. And he is so considerate.

You know, I almost wish to see Obi toe the line so that he can be taken as Plo Koon's apprentice. I wonder how life would be like for Obi if that were to happen. I wonder how Qui would react. Maybe at least *then* he will stop thinking about Crion and start treating Obi better. [face_plain]

I'm waiting for your next post, ewen . Please post soon.

Aunecah_Skywalker

11. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGGGG WHAT IS WRONG WITH QUIGON!!!?????

YOU KNOW WHAT I HOPE OBIWAN IS TAKEN AWAY FROM QUIGON HE DOESN'T DESERVE OBIWAN ANY LONGER!!!

AND I WONDER WHY OBIWAN DID THAT 180 DEGREEE TURN!!

12. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    evil wicked Qui-Gon **THWACK***

14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  15. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    very good post!
    up
    :D
    P.S. Why Qui-Gon is so blind? :mad:

16. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi-Wan ate his last-meal in silence. That is not to say that it was quiet at the table, it wasn't. Qui-Gon and Zen-Far continually batted jokes back and forth as they talked about the happenings of the day.

Well they talked about their happenings for Obi-Wan had nothing phenomenal to talk about in his day. He had spent all of it in class and then later he retook the test he had cheated on. He had not gotten his grade but he didn't care. His master would probably not care either.

The only thing that brought the little padawan any joy was his birthday tomorrow. Maybe his master was keeping a well kept secret of a party for him. So far Bant had not commed him with any news of an invitation from his master to attend his birthday party.

"Obi-Wan, Zen-Far wants to go to the training room with us and watch you spar with me."

Obi was sure that the Crion boy had no desire to see him spar. He was probably only interested in his masters' very capable abilities. His master was galaxy renown for his talents with the light saber.

Obi-Wan did not want to share his private time with his master, but he did not want to refuse.

I don't want to get into trouble before my birthday tomorrow.

"That would be fine master if that is what you and he wish."

The three went to the training room.

Jinn started off by showing Zen-Far how the very basic saber moves were done. He increased the difficulty of them until they had reached Obi-Wan's limit, but still he continued to show Zen-FAr his unique saber talents. Obi-Wan wasn?t even familiar with the moves. They were katas normally done by an advanced apprentice or a very young knight. He was bested soundly by his master but said nothing. Everything would be alright tomorrow. At the party he and his master would make our and things would just as they always were before Zen-Far Crion.

That was the reasoning of a young one.

The next day at mid-meal Bant Garen and Obi-Wan were as usual together to eat.

I'm sure Obi.. No one called I waited all evening. Maybe he will just tell us today."

Obi-Wan was getting increasingly worried.

"I don't know Bant. He didn't even wish me happy birthday this morning."

Garen piped in.

"Don't worry about that Obi-Wan. That is your master?s way of pretending he forgot. That will make for a bigger surprise for you. Adults can be so immature sometimes.?

Obi-Wan still had a very worried look plastered on his face.

"I hope you are right Garen."

The padawans went back to class after their meal, but Obi?s heart was not in studying.

Later in the afternoon??.

Jinn took Zen-Far down to the library archives so he could research the history of the Jedi.

They at first thought they were alone but the sound of the turning of pages from a far corner table drew Master Jinn?s attention. He peered around one of the tall book shelves to his former master, Yoda shuffling through the pages of an old book and blowing the dusk out of his face as the did so. Yoda looked up to see Jinn. Zen-Far had wondered to the back of the libarby.

?Need a good dusting these old books do. Remember that next time desipline your padawan needs. Good job for him I think.?

Jinn could not help but smile at the remark.

?The way my padawan has been acting lately. he might be down here until his knighthood if things do not get better.

A questioning looked passed Master Yoda?s face.

?Thought better things were with you. Did not you talk with him??

?Well, no after he came home things have gotten better. I guess I am saying that in jest. He's not really in trouble, at least for now.?

?Good it is you think things are better they are., but talk with him you should have. Seek his memories I take it you did not, to find the truth for the argument. One to blame was it or both I think more like it.?

Jinn was surprised and disgusted with his oversight. He did not even think to reach over their bond and find out who was at fault. He just assumed it was his padawan.

?Well no but.. But..?

17. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Quigon your still a fool and i dont like you!!!

18. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Man!!!!, not even a rock, a cake, nothing...Jinn you you you....creep!!!! 7

19. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    double thwack!!!

20. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Smack Samck Samck ! ! !

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi-Wan sat on his master?s oversized bed with books and data pads spread out all over.

Jinn knew that the boy did not like sharing his room with Zen-Far and he let him come to his room in the evening to study.

Studying was the one thing not on Obi-Wan?s mind right now.

My master has not only forgotten my birthday, but he plans to let me stave as well. It it past last-meal and I have not seen him all evening.

No homework completed, Kenobi curled up with a cover on Jinn?s big bed and feel asleep. He let himself take in the smell of the pillow just to feel the comfort of his master. The smell of sandalwood soap, the kind his master loved permeated the pillow.

Jinn was coming the city of Coruscant trying to find the perfect gift. The sun was setting. Garen Bant and their respective masters were busy back at the temple getting the party ready.

Zen-Far sat in Master Yoda?s apartment angrily waiting for Master Jinn.

?Much?ado? for a padawan?s birthday isn?t it Master Yoda. I did not think the Jedi celebrated birthdays.?

?Celebrate mine we do not. Remind me of my age it does. The young ones we celebrate though. Heartless the Jedi are not to their young. Strict but not heartless. Much about the Jedi you should learn while here. Maybe learn compassion you should also. Need it when dealing with your people you do. The Jedi built on compassion and rightness.?

?Build your people?s governing on compassion then strong foundation you have with them.?

?I know what you are saying, but I will not ?spoil? my people like Master Qui-Gon spoils his padawan.?

There now they were getting to the problem. Yoda knew that there was animosity felt by this Crion and it had nothing to do with his brother. Something elusive about this Crion there was or so Yoda thought. He planned to get to the bottom of this mystery. The boy did not harbor anger for Jinn or the Jedi for his father and brother?s death, but he had misplaced anger for the child that was Jinn?s son for no apparent reason.

?Know this you should impenetrable bond father and son have. Cannot be broken. Try to break it you should not.?

?I don?t want to break it.?

Zen-Far became indignant that Master Yoda would think he even wanted that.

?The only thing I ever wanted was to be a Jedi. That desire was taken away from me because you Jedi hold me responsible for ?Xani?s? failing. It is not my fault he was tainted with the dark side.?

?Hold you accountable for your brother the Jedi are not guilty of.?

?Knew of you midiclorians we did. Mother refused to let you be trained she did. Now heir to govern your people you are. Destiny plotted it has been. Jedi can not interfere with that or the wishes of your mother. Your Father or brother had nothing to do with you not being a Jedi. Why so ill at ease with Obi-Wan are you??

?I see his potential to be just like Xanatos. He is arrogant like my brother. He certainly has the wool pulled over his master?s eyes.?

Yoda stopped the boy in mid-sentence and slammed his gimer stick on the floor to get his undivided attention.

?Talk about the child in that manner you will not.?

?See Master Yoda you even defend the ?Chosen One.? Can not his destiny be tainted as Xani?s was? I mean even Master Jinn was blind to my brother?s failing.?

?Accused of being blind in my life time though I have never been. See good in Obi-Wan Kenobi. Spoiled he is not. Come here you do to attack then I won?t allow it. Come here to train in controlling the force, then give you lesson I will. Control your anger. Control your hatred for another being because of his destiny you should not. See Obi-Wan for what he is, a child in training to A great JedI. See him as a dark one then see well you do not. See through blind eyes . Try to see him as you would want others to see you.?

Judge you by our father and brother we do not. Then judge Obi-Wan by his birth father you should also not.?

A knock at the door interrupted Yoda. He opened it to find the little padawan with hair ruffled from sleep.

?Aye sleep you

22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Yay!! quigons finally come to his sense's, but now obiwan's gone!!!

23. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
  24. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Master dunderhead seems appropriate here!

25. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It was the first time for Obi-Wan Kenobi to venture out in the streets of Coruscant alone.

He ran just as fast and far as he could go when he left Master Yoda and Zen-Far.

Master Yoda must have been shocked to see me run away from him. Serves them right for pitching me to the side in favor of Zen-Far.

Obi-Wan must have developed his out-of aligned thinking from his father, Master Jinn, because his thinking was just as erratic as his master?s had been when it came to Zen-Far.

When he ran from the temple he did not realize he was running smack dab into a rain storm and the night skies.

He had been out for only an hour before the sunset overtook the city and night quickly fell.

I am a Jedi. I am not afraid of a little dark.

Of course he was. He remembered when he was held captive in temple of Telos and had been put in the dungeon/basement.

That dark place scared him more than being captured. Well at least at first.

He was just crossing an alley when a little hunch-backed lady stepped out to block his path. Her torn and tattled shawl thrown over her shoulders was the only thing that kept the rain and night chill from her wasted -away body.

?Sonny do you have any food or credits to buy some that ya can give me.?

?I?m sorry ma?m I don?t.?

Great Kenobi!! You forgot to bring any money credits with you.

?Well never mind. Would you like to share my humble little home and get out of the rain. Doesn?t look like you have anywhere in particular to go..?

The little lady looked safe enough and he was awfully wet.

?Very well. Thank you.. I am very wet and the rain does not seem to be letting up.?

?Oh, my name is Myra and yours??

?Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Nice to meet you Myra.?

?Well Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan Kenobi is there some kin that be expectin ya home later this evenin.??

Is she trying to find out where I live so she can notify the authorities that I have run away?

He had to think fast and he made a decision, a very unwise decision.

?No not really. I am pretty much on my own since my mother died.?

The lady looked at the boy with more than a little suspicion. She knew very well he wore the haircut and clothes of a Jedi apprentice

That is not totally untrue. No one has really cared about me since mom died. I thought Master?., Dad did but oh how wrong I was.

?Very well then , quit your gabbing and come along. We ?ain?t? gettin any dryer standing out in this here stuff.?

Myra?s home turned out to be a piece of tin wedged in a corner of the dark ally. Two boards helped hold the front up, but as Obi-Wan entered, it teetered dangerously threatening to fall down.

In her ?home? was a couple of very soiled blankets and a pillow. A couple of items of clothing, if they could be called that, laid bunched up in a corner.

Obi-Wan was at first unable to continue his conversation. He was dumbfounded. He did not know what to say. He had never known anyone who had to live in such conditions of swallow and poverty. He had once lived in a preverbal palace and then later his home became the clean almost hygienic, antiseptic Jedi temple, never anything like this.

?I know it ain?t much "Sonny", but it?s me home, and ye?d be welcome to share it with me.?

She seemed to have abandoned Obi-Wan?s real name for her ?chosen? nickname of him, ?Sonny?.

?Might as well get comfy "Sonny". I think it has set into rain for a spell. I?ll be sure and wake ya when it stops and you can be on your way, if that?s what you?d be wantin'. You decide, freewill and all that muck ya know Sonny.?

Good, at least I have a choice of what I want to do. I?ll rest and then decide what I should do.

Obi-Wan did not really think he could fall asleep, but the erythematic pitter pat of the rain hitting the tin roof soon lulled the little Jedi apprentice sound to asleep.

The woman, Myra slipped out of the little make shift home. She had and pulled out a mobile comm link. That was something someone of her status would not norm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.