main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Journey Into Knighthood[4]" COMPLETED **10/13*Q/O

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Double posted so I had to delete this one.

PEACE ewen

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Congrats on 100 posts!!

So, did Obi-Wan find help. or trouble? Knowing him, it's definitely trouble!

3. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Ohh no troble hehehe!!!

4. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    "richer than cow's cream", hehehe that sure is rich ewen :) 7

5. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Obi's gone :eek: And just when Qui-Gon seems to be coming to his senses for a fairly long time :D

I think trouble ahead for Obi I see, hmm

6. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    The padawan to Qui-Gon Jinn was awaken by someone roughly shaking him.

?Get yerself up now boy. I got plans for you.?

Obi-Wan still disoriented from having be awoken so abruptly tried to collect his thoughts and figure out what the old aldy was talking about.?

He soon found out when a gruffer deeper voice addressed him along with a swift kick that landed on his right thigh.

?You heard her boy get up now. We have places to go?.?

On the other side of Coruscant Mace and Qui strolled the streets checking numerous eateries and game rooms??.

?You know that saying; ?You never know what you have till you loose it.? That?s me when it comes to Obi-Wan. How could I been so blind. Do all father?s have this much trouble raising a child??

?Having never been a father I am not quite sure, but yes I think all parents make mistakes in raising their children. Maybe ?Xani?s? death weighed too much on your mind and heart. I know you must have thought about it after I.. Well after Xani was killed.?

Qui-Gon patted his friend on the shoulder.

?Mace never think for a second that I hold anything against you for killing Xanatos. Had I been confronted him that day after what he had done to Obi-Wan I would have killed him myself. No it?s just that after his death, I thought I was at peace with it. Then later I thought I should have held more remorse, more blame.?

?That?s what it is ? You still think you failed Xani. You didn?t, you know. If anything you bent over backward for him. He just always lurked on the dark side. You wanted so much for him that you could not see him waning between good and evil. On the other hand, some of us could.?

?I also took Obi-Wan for granted. Something I will never do once or if I get him back. I just assumed that because we had such a strong bond and that he was my son now, then he would be confident in his place by my side; that he would know I would never replace him. I wouldn?t you know. Yes I was intrigued by Zen-Far. I guess I tried to correct something I think I did wrong with Xani. I would never have replaced my son. It couldn?t happen. The void without him would be intolerable. No, I am just as Master Yoda said, not too wise when it comes to handling children. I think he might have gone so far as called me dense for the way I andled Obi-Wan?s situation. I wonder if he realizes how correct he is??

?Well you tell Obi-Wan all that you have told me and I think Obi will understand. He was suffering a little too much jealously himself. He was just afraid he would lose you. He has lost so much in his life.?

Qui-Gon could only shake his head in agreement as he thought of the boy he had driven away from him.

Back at the tin roofed makeshift home of Myra???????.

?If you will excuse me, I have to be on my way.?

Obi-Wan did not believe for a second that this burly long haired semi toothless man was going to let him go anywhere. He suspicions became reality when the man as tall as his master but almost twice as heavy grabbed him by the front of his tunic.

?Did you hear me boy? You are coming with me. You?ve just been bought and paid for with money earned by the sweat of my brow. I?ll not have ya try to get away. You laddie, are mine.?

Obi-Wan instinctively used his force abilities to try to push this ogre away from him but his force push was met by one accurately directed and stronger than his.

This guy is force sensitive and he knows how to use it.

?Does it surprise you laddie that I have the power of the force and am very capable of using it with such deadly accuracy? That is why you are not wearing a collar. What I have planned for you, the force will be needed, but rest assured, your force struggle will be met with mine and mine will be ten fold to yours, I assure you. And to the answer to the question that?s is most probably in your mind. I am not a sith, certainly not the sith lord himself.

Luckily the man did not know that Obi-Wan was well aware he was not a sith the lord to the dark side. He was all too familiar to all the sit

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    [face_shocked] Oh no! Quigon hurry and find him!!!

8. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    more angst,hm. better be some good news coming soon. can't wait to see the ending. good job as usual, ewen. looking forward to more.

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    The ship of Captain Moruck was nothing more than rickety old transport that Obi-Wan felt sure was held together with masking tape. The engine spit and sputtered along causing the transport ship to jerk violently and often, as they started their two-day trip to wherever Obi-Wan was be taken.

The captain had not told him where that would be, only that it would take two days to get there.

?Can I at least have something to eat??

Obi-Wan was truly hungry and his stomach was beginning to growl.

?Better get use to staying a little hungry laddie. I am not sure, but I do not think ?slaves? get fed much or often for that matter.?

?My name is Obi-Wan Kenobi and I am the apprentice to Master Qui-Gon Jinn. My name is not ?Sonny? or ?Laddie?.

Captain Moruck dropped the data pad he was holding.

?This can?t be real. I have such a touch of luck lately and you, you will be my lucky charm of them all. Has your master never mentioned me??

?No why should he? Do you know my master??

?Know him! Him and me, why we be crèche mates laddie. In fact the man I am taking you too was also a crèche mate to Qui. He will be more than pleased at who I have brought him, I bet. I also bet that the credits he pays me for you has just doubled. Yes indeed laddie today is my lucky day. It will even better luck if your master decides to find you and follows me. I am sure that your new master as well as myself would be more than happy to take on Qui-Gon once again. He needs paid back for some things and I can not wait for him to find out who has you. In fact I just might send him a message to let him know I am the one who kidnapped you and that you will never and I mean never get away.?

Now Obi-Wan was truly afraid to contact his master. But now it did not matter. This captain seemed to hold a grudge against Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would not have to contact him, Captain Moruck would do it for him.

Kenobi felt no real fear as of yet for himself. Who he did feel real fear for was his master and father, Qui-Gon Jinn.

?If you are telling the truth about my master then why do you talk with that accent. Jedi children are not taught to talk like a pirate!!!?

Obi-Wan did not how else to describe the uniquely different way the captain spoke.

?Oh that. I learned that later on. I had to fit my part didn?t I; to be taken serious as a slave trader.?

Back on Coruscant Jinn and Windu had just rounded a corner and entered an alley strewn with papers but it also had a little makeshift house. A woman was there seemingly packing for a trip; what little there was to pack.

Mace nudged Qui-Gon in the ribs.

?Let?s go talk with her. Sometimes the street people know what is going on. Maybe for a credit or two, if she has any information, she will be more than willing to share it.?

Qui-Gon seemed leery of the idea at first. A person in so much financial need as she clearly might say anything to get the credits.

?Well I guess it?s worth a try. Although I don?t know how dependable her information could be if we did manage to glean any from her.?

They approached the woman cautiously. The street people of Coruscant did not take kindly to strangers.

The minute the woman saw they were Jedi she hastened her pace and tried to leave.

She met with opposition when Mace almost blocked her way.

He had a distinct feeling this woman was running from something and when she had seen the Jedi masters her retreat seemed too quicken.

?May we have a word with you miss??

?Nay ye my not. I have a ship to catch and I not be dealin with the likes of you Jedi.?

Jinn perked up a little. The woman did seem too anxious to leave. Everyone on Coruscant knew well that the Jedi were the ?guardians of Peace?. No one in the city ever feared them unless they had done something wrong and was afraid the Jedi would find out about their misdeeds.

?Just one word with you please. You see I seem to have misplaced my padawan somewhere in the city.?

Jinn tried to lighten the atmosphere around them but the old

10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Ohh boy! Quigons going to kick her butt!! hehehehehe!!!

I had to get a new icon wonder whats going on!!!

11. jedibear30

Aug 14, 2002
    had to get my icon back. great post ewen. got more soon? can't wait for more. keep up the great work

12. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I also lost my icon and had to go rescue it from obscurity. I hought it was punishment for watching West Wing instead of logging on here last night.

I have a funny (bad) feeling who might be interested in our padawan. Wait- you said creche' mate- hmmm...

13. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    up up up up up up up up
    :D

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ?These belonged to my apprentice. They were a gift from me on his 12th birthday. Did you see him?He must have been here? He is about this high [Jinn measured with his hand], and has reddish gold hair and a padawan braid. He was dressed just as Master Windu and I are now?

?I tell I not seen any Jedi except for the two of you. Now get out of way.?

?She is not going to tell us anything Qui-Gon. I think I will just notify the authorities? right here and we can get to the bottom of this.?

Mace pulled out his mobile com link and flipped it opened.

The woman motioned for him to stop.

?No wait I might have something to tell ya. If I go free of this. I mean I did no harm to the boy. Well he is not harmed yet.?

Jinn almost shook the woman as he grabbed her by the arms but the force helped him to stop and gain control of his emotions..

?What do you mean ?yet?. Where did the boy go??

"Now, Now master don?t be getting? ye?self in a dither. Sonny is fine, for now he is.?

?You keep saying that. What do you mean??

Mace was growing weary of the idle talk. He wanted the truth or he did truly plan to ?comm? the police on her.

?Quick with it woman. I can still make that link to the authorities you know.?

?Very well I? I well? you see there?d be this man I know that wants breathin? bodies to trade for credits after they are shipped to do work on other planets. They do the biddin?of their new masters, no matter what is required of them. They?d be slaves, free larbor to be worked hard with little care of their welfare. They can be replaced quickly and often they can.?

Jinn barely whispered his next sentence.

?You sold my son to slave traders.?

?Not to worry masters. You can get him back; He won?t be harmed right now. I mean even after he gets there. They?d be needin him to work and all. Might be a little rough with im and all. Maybe he?d be hungry a time or two, but he?d do fine, being a Jedi and all.?

?So you know the name of the slaver Miss??.

Windu was furious with this woman. No matter how much she needed credits, to do a child as she had Obi-Wan was unjustified even if that child were a Jedi.

?Now ye know I can?t be telling ya that Master. Get me self killed it will.?

?Get yourself to prison for kidnapping and slave trading if you don?t?

Jinn had no time to talk niceties with this woman.

?I was planning to leave this here place anyway. If you promise not to tell anyone that I?d be the one who told ya where the boy was taken and let me have my freedom then I will talk. ??

?We can?t promise you that.?

Windu wanted her to pay for what she had done.

Jinn gave him a sharp look.

?Very well if we do indeed think you are telling us the truth we will let you go.?

?I have ye word as one of them there Jedi??

?Yes? said Master Windu.

?I sold the child to a pirate captain.?

Jinn cringed when she said she sold his son.

?For you to be released we need the name of that captain."

?His name be Captain Moruck.?

Jinn stumbled almost to the ground.

Mace did not have to ask what the problem was with the other master. He was all too aware of who Moruk was. Yes very familiar with him. The three; Mace Qui, and Emon Moruck had been crèche mates, padawans, and even beginning knights together until that day when Emon Moruk and Daven Reenow let their true selves be known.

Qui-Gon Jinn had only been a knight for a little over a year.

He returned from his first mission while the temple was going through a transition of mistrust in the galaxy.

There had been reports of two rogue knights threatening and terrorizing the people to the point that credits were being extracted from the Jedi?s victims to procure the safety from the knights themselves. The other credits were just lifted from the mindless bodies of the Jedi victims. These knights went so far as to mindsweep the people of their memory so they would not remember which Jedi was doing it. Sometimes the mind sweep was so severe and deep it left the people who suffered them, little more tha

15. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I for one am glad you didn't stay away too long. But I have to start doing that so I can catch up on work before I leave for vacation on Fri!

16. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I will post tomorrow.

PEACE ewen

17. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    ewen you really are funny, even though Obi's in dire straights, and Qui is full of worry, they still have a sense of humor. [face_laugh] Good stuff as always. 7

18. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

#######.

Moruck had already ?commed? Reenow to let him know of the ?present? in the form of Obi-Wan Kenobi, that he was bringing him. Reenow agreed with his old friend that it was a special treat to get the padawan of Qui-Gon Jinn. He said that had he still been a Jedi he would have called it destiny; the will of the force had brought them this boy. Now their revenge would finally be exacting and final.

Both rogues, being brought up at the temple and raised as Jedi, knew the ramifications of having Qui-Gon Jinn?s padawan. The master?s pain would be doubled by them torturing his padawan. A master would sooner give up his own life than to see his padawan tortured or killed.

?Should I contact the temple and have Master Jinn meet us on Naboo??

Moruck had been thinking of doing that but he wanted Daven?s opinion.?

?That won?t be necessary. Just get the boy here to me first, then if we have not heard from him we will ?comm? him. I want to arrange a few surprises for him and his apprentice. I won?t be doing anything to the boy until his master arrives. It will be so much better to watch the reaction on Jinn?s face as we torture the little one.?

?Well I will say he is a ?little? one. I?d guess he is two or three years younger than we were when we were taken as apprentices.?

Daven thought for a minute before answering Moruck through the ?comm link?.

?That is unusual isn?t it? Maybe there is something about the boy that makes him special for someone like Jinn to take him so young. I will have some of my connections on Coruscant get on it. We wouldn?t want to overlook anything when it comes to Jinn and his padawan. I want to see Jinn get his just rewards for all that we have suffered. I also suspect he will have his old friend Mace Windu with him if at all possible.. They always did stick together when there were problems. We can kill two birds with one stone. I hold no love for him either. Windu is no less guilty than Master Jinn is. If I am correct he is a council member now. All the better I?d say. I will see you tomorrow. Bring the boy straight to me when you arrive and I assure yo u you reward will be amplily just.?

The ?comm link? clicked, signaling the end of their conversation.

Moruck settled back in the captain?s chair and tried to imagine all the nice little tortures Daven would be planning. Moruck shut his eyes and tried to mentally vision the look on Master Jinn?s face as he watched the torturing of his apprentice until the padawan?s life was almost drained from him. Knowing his old friend, Daven Reenow as he did, the boy would more than likely be revived just start all over again. Moruck knew Daven wanted to keep the child but kill his master. Daven Reenow was never known to have a thread of kindness or a conscience when it came to any of the cruel acts he had done..

This should prove to be fun to watch and in a way, I will be getting paid to do it. Daven has already promised me a ?little gold mine? almost, for the capture of this one.

He looked over to see the little padawan wrapped up in his Jedi robe, to ward off the chill in the air from space travel. He had gone to sleep a very hungry little boy. Moruck had not fed the boy even a crumb of bread since he had taken Obi-Wan from Coruscant.

Daven began his plot by making sure there was a room that could hold a force sensitive. It would not allow Obi-wan to mind link with Jinn. His powers would not work while in there but when he got out, his connection through the force would not be harmed or diminished in any way.

That is the way he wanted Obi-Wan to be. He would be their little force sensitive thief to run the galaxy. The child?s look of innocence would be trusted by strangers; strangers with a lot of credits to be stolen. He would be responsible for the mind sweeping of the people that Daven would deal with. No one would suspect a little boy capable of such a feat, especially if they did not suspect him to be a Jedi. Daven?s as well as Moruck?s powers were diminished to a low dose of the for

19. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    cue ominous music...

20. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww not darth sidious again i thought we where not going to see him again!!!!!

Mubbles: i'm not sure i wanna read this any more.........

21. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Noooooooooooo!!!!, not Sidious again, btw, didn't Sidious threaten the Jedi, or Jinn after that last incident with the "soul bond" ?????? 7

22. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    One of my most ardent fans seems to have voiced an objections to having Sidious come back into the story.

There was a twist in this story where Qui-Gon and Sidious almost seem to switch personalities.

I may rethink it and do away with Sidious quickly because of Jedi_Girl's dislike of Darth Sidious' reappearance. She had been one of my most loyal readers, and I do value her opinion. I have no wish to disappoint her with this story, but I evidently have. SORRY!

So for now.
    I will not be posting on this story for a while.

Thanx for reading!!!!!!!!

PEACE ewen

23. Ewanfan51

Ewanfan51 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2002
    Just found this and it is wonderful. Master lunkhead finally got it together and then loses his Obi Wan.

I hope they save him before these two nasty types start with the torture.

More
    Thanks

I see in your foreward that there are others in this storyline that I have missed. How does one go about finding them?
    Would love to read them.

24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Awww now i feel bad ewan i do love your writing your my favorite writer on these boards and i didn't mean to make you sad, pleasee continue with the story when you feel up to it again!!!!! :D

Jenny

25. jedibear30

Aug 14, 2002
    please come back soon, ewen. i am looking forward to the end of your story. i too am not happy with the reappearance of sideous, but i hope that you come back soon. looking forward to more stories

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.