main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Journey to Episode VII: The Fall of the Empire / The Rise of the Rebellion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EternalHero, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    The front page posted a link to a German website which listed SW TFA related books coming out in 2015. Among the juvenile books is Journey to Episode VII: The Fall of the Empire/The Rise of the Rebellion.

Intriguing title.

Does this mean that the Empire is definitely no more in the ST Era?
    And why is Rise of the Rebellion placed after Fall of the Empire in the title?
    The full title includes Journey to Episode VII; could there be a second Rebellion we know nothing about?

Some things to ponder and debate . . .

http://jedi-bibliothek.de/blog/2014/11/disney-journey-episode-vii-jugendromane-und-mehr/

2. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Sounds like it will be a recap of the saga as we know it so far. The use of the word "Rebellion" is telling.

Lando_now and Satipo like this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    does this really need a thread???

4. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    That makes sense, but assuming the title is correct why would "Fall of the Empire" be before that? Unless the Republic is accidentally being called the Empire.

EternalHero likes this.
  5. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

The title is worded in a way that the "Fall of the Empire" and the "Rise of the Rebellion" happened at the same time.

Lando_now and D.A. McCoy like this.
  6. D.A. McCoy

Mar 6, 2014
    Oh, I see. Too bad, I'm hoping we'll get some form of "lead-up" to Episode VII. Although based on some of the rumors it sounds like we're supposed to be going in "in the dark" about what's happened to the universe, so we might not see that.

TheBBP likes this.
  7. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    But that's describing the OT, not the prequels.

Jcuk and TheBBP like this.
  8. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    The Empire are now the Rebels

whostheBossk, Immortiss and Jcuk like this.
  9. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

The beginnings of the Rebellion were part of the prequels.

10. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    Where is Rise of the Empire/Fall of the Republic?

11. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    looks like there are multiple books in the "Journey to ep 7" series...without knowing the structure and depth of the books, it's hard to say. Could be behind the scenes stuff, could be story info, who knows.

TheBBP likes this.
  12. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Must be in another book?

JediKnightWax likes this.
  13. D.A. McCoy

Mar 6, 2014

Actually based on the absence of any PT-related merchandise/reference so far (to my knowledge) I wouldn't be surprised if these just picked up at Episode IV. If I remember correctly there are other children's books which are to be released which retell the OT. I haven't seen any for the PT yet.

Satipo likes this.
  14. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Episode VII: The Fall of the Empire/The Rise of the Rebellion.

I don't think this is for the PT, on the mane page of theforce.net it clearly states these are Sequel Trilogy books, I think they are for "star wars episode 7 the force awakens" .....

15. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Wasn't there some rumor that the empire remnant is called the Rebellion while the Rebel Alliance is called the Republic in the ST ?

16. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    As if the destruction of the Death Star really knocked out a majority of troops across the galaxy.

Like if an enemy dismantled one of our nukes, suddenly our country is struggling.

Rabs likes this.
  17. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    If an enemy dismantled all of our nukes, and an aircraft carrier, and several other ships in the naval fleet, and killed the President, VP, members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, several other government & military brass... there might be some chaos and perhaps even a collapse of the nation into a fractured mess. Especially if most of the citizens and even much of the military & bureaucracy had been living in fear of being disappeared and/or mystically choked to death by the Prez & VP for saying the wrong thing or making a mistake. Many might welcome the collapse of the nation if that's what we'd been living with for decades.

So ROTJ:SE's fairy-tale ending of galactic celebrations might not be as cut & dried as it would seem, for the ST... that doesn't mean there wasn't a massive galactic shift over the following 30 years. Palpatine turned the democratic Republic into a tyrannical monarchy, and left no heir that we know of, and may have left no guidelines to succession. Millions of troops and tens of thousands of Star Destroyers or not, there's gonna be some upheaval over all of this.

18. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    The Roman Empire did not end with Augustus.

19. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Plus if the Sith could survive 1000 years, the Empire shouldn't have any trouble surviving 30, plus if the Sith are an "idea", the Empire is also an "idea".

plaidphoenix likes this.
  20. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    To think, the ewoks prevented the Emperor's assassination in an episode of the Ewoks cartoon.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. D.A. McCoy

Mar 6, 2014
    I am in total agreement that 1) this book is likely a recap of the OT, and 2) that the Empire wasn't defeated at the end of ROTJ, but I think the Empire totally suffered a huge loss. I think its very likely that the events of ROTJ caused the Empire to become much less organized and powerful for a short period of time. No matter who stepped up to the plate to run the Empire, they'd be faced with a huge problem. Add that to the rioting in the streets we see in ROTJ and I'd say its a big possibility that the Rebels were able to take a good chunk of the galaxy from the Empire.

Also, I think on a looking as it as an event/"let's be realistic" way of thinking, it's totally believable that the Rebels didn't make any progress in ROTJ and that the Emperor was not that important in the Empire's grasp of the galaxy, but from a "it's fiction"/thematic level I feel like it would be a shame to see that the rebels have made absolutely no progress in 30 years. There are ways for the Empire to still be around and powerful without also ruining the tone of ROTJ's ending.

22. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011

The fact that it is referred to as a singular "Fall of the Empire", juxtaposed with "The Rise of the Rebellion", indicates that the balance of power has shifted dramatically. An Empire that has "fallen" following ROTJ and before TFA is not going to be the behemoth it was in the OT, that's for sure. It might not even exist in any meaningful sense.

That title promises evolution, something which should be taking place in the thirty plus year gap between ROTJ and TFA. This is a good sign.

23. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    The fall of the Roman Empire took a millennia... IMO the title describes the erosion over time to the Empire while the Rebellion over that same time has gained strength.

Thus it's no longer this all powerful all encompassing Empire that it once was, and the Rebellion is becoming stronger and stronger as time goes on.

D.A. McCoy likes this.
  24. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    If the Empire can't last 30 years past ROTJ then Palpatine did a really crummy job of picking his middle management.

25. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I think this will be just one book of many that will attempt to bridge the gap between ROTJ and TFA. For many younger fans they've been immersed in the PT and TCW in recent years whilst the OT has taken a bit of a backseat. So the Rebels series and new books will try to put that right so its setting the scene for Ep 7.

Force Smuggler and Satipo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.