main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens Shattered Empire

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthcaedus1138, Mar 13, 2015.

1. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002

Kanan is making Han think he has become Force sensitive

:eek:

Cacau likes this.
  2. DarthRuckus

DarthRuckus Jedi Master star 1

Nov 17, 2013

And perhaps the reason that she doesn't know who her parents are is because she was carried away by wild animals as a child and her mom screamed:
    "Dingoes ate my Rey Bey!"

DelRiego and Ewok Poet like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

There was a couple of veeery weird conflicts at first and there were Lahsbees.

And I'm enjoying the "Rey Bey" thing a lot, thanks everybody for being so funny. :D

Chrissonofpear2 likes this.
  4. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
  5. Mars457

Mars457 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 3, 2013
    Lazarus is an ongoing comic Rucka has with Image. Forever Carlyle (although her friends call her Eve) is a genetically engineered supersoldier who is the Lazarus, or chosen agent and Sword, of Family Carlyle, one of sixteen families which control all of the economic, social, and military resources in the world. The people who remain in the Carlyle domain (which is much of the Western US and Canada) are divided into the all-powerful Family, the high skilled Serfs who serve them, and the impoverished Waste. As dissent among the Waste comes to a head and war looms over the horizon, Forever begins to doubt her love to her family.

It's an amazing series. The hardcover collects issues #1-9 and the Vol 3 TPB ("Conclave") collects issues #10-15. #17-19 are part of the current arc.

Jedi Ben Seriously, no Lazarus?

Aphra likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Guilty! That was a major omssion!

I do, in my defence, have the oversized hardover of Lazarus though, which I'd recommend to anyone as the extras are incredible and really enhance the story. Waiting for the second now....

7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I love Rucka, he's one of my favorite comic book writers. So naturally I'm looking forward to this. And his reteaming with Checchetto (check out their Punisher run from a few years back if you get the chance. It's not real long, so you can get through it pretty quickly, and it's awesome), make me practically drool with anticipation (that art, so gorgeous).

Jedi Ben likes this.
  8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So yeah I'm revising this thread from Five years ago, why you may ask.

Well I wanted to give a shoutout to this comic book in particular....Because quite frankly the stuff it introduced here has been expanded so much that it's kinda amazing how much relevance this comic has.

Like seriously think about

This comics STARTED Operation Cinder, and look just how much this has been expanded upon with things like Aftermath, Battlefront 2, Squadrons and Alphabet Squadron.

Palpatine's red sentinels first appeared here.

So I just wanted to give a shoutout to this book and for being one of the big building blocks for the immediate post Endor era which has really exploded and been fleshed out over the years.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And the big one- The Mandalorian. One of the most lauded scenes of Season 2 owes its origins to this comic

Ewok Poet, Jedi Ben and Sinrebirth like this.
  10. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Kes Dameron and Shara Bey were introduced here as well.

The tree Luke rescued from Vetine in issue 4 is still a bit of a loose end, in terms of what happened to the tree itself as well as specifically why Luke considered it that much of a priority. I hope that story will be revisited at some point. (Shattered Empire II, perhaps?)

Sinrebirth , Ewok Poet and Jedi Ben like this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Also, Checchetto SW art.

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh shoot your right.

Look at that Operation Cinder started out as a plot point PRE TFA (Which is something given the Pre TFA stuff at the time is sorta in the weird either of canon) and now it got mentioned in a successful Star Wars Streaming Show as a major part of Imperial History.

Sinrebirth and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Underrated and incredible.

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Wait, which scene was that?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Mayfeld and Mando's chat with that Imperial commander. The commander praising Operation Cinder is what leads to Mayfeld shooting him.

Sinrebirth , TCF-1138 and Jedi Ben like this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh yeah, the OHC edition of this is...... niiiiiiicccccceeeee.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Ah, of course! How on earth did I forget that?

Sinrebirth likes this.