Lit JOURNEY TO STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Diego Lucas, Apr 14, 2017.

1. mbruno Jedi Knight

star 1
    Could a mod please correct the typo in the thread title?
    SilentGuy66 likes this.
  2. Diego Lucas Jedi Knight

star 3
    Really true, the haste is the enemy of perfection :D

3. Darth Nave Jedi Knight

star 4
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there goes my bank account.
    Ben09 likes this.
  4. SilentGuy66 Jedi Master

star 4
    My poor book shelf, it's struggling to hold up the weight of so many star wars books as it is :p
    vncredleader and Darth Nave like this.
  5. Force Smuggler Force Ghost

star 7
    I have my books and comics in a cupboard organized by chronology by EU paperback, EU hardback, Neu Paperback, comics TPB EU and NEU, EU Omnibuses, NEU Epic Collections, kid novels EU and NEU. Running out of organizable room.

But regardless. Bring on the new stories!
  6. starocean90 Force Ghost

star 7
    this Journey to is emulating the TFA one
    Aftermath=Phasma novel
    Shattered Empire comic=Phasma comic
    Lost Stars (young adult)= Leia Princess of Alderaan (young adult)
    Weapon of a Jedi (junior novel)= Legends of Luke Skywalker (junior novel)

then you get a bunch of reference books for each.

the current difference between the 2 is that TFA had overall 3 junior novel while TLJ only has 1. Well Han is dead so that's 1 down.
    and Leia has a young adult book instead.

what I wonder is why doesn't Rey or Finn get anything? Are they waiting for the movie to come out like they did for Before the Awakening, which wasn't even part of the
    Journey tag.
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  7. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 7
    There's supposed to be no time jump between TFA and TLJ so that changes what lead-ins you can have without stepping on the new film's toes.
    MandaloreRex2015 and Sinrebirth like this.
  8. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Very excited for this. Gonna grab the Leia book, the Phasma book, and the Phasma comic for sure.
  9. Jedi Princess Jedi Knight

star 2
    My guess would be Luke and Leia, respectively.
  10. Force Smuggler Force Ghost

star 7
    What parts of their lives? Pre- OT, OT era, post OT/Pre ST, etc.
  11. Jedi Princess Jedi Knight

star 2
    Maybe they'll re-release The Force Awakens under the Journey to the Last Jedi banner.
    psyarg and Jedi Ben like this.
  12. Ancient Whills Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  13. SilentGuy66 Jedi Master

star 4
    I see the made easy book being given to many wives/husbands/parents :p
  14. Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Master

star 4
    Boy, that's quite the message on that last panel. "Anakin killed a room full of kids and helped Space Hitler take power, but just remember that killing people out of anger doesn't make us bad people!"
  15. Revanfan1 Force Ghost

star 6

Yeah, I...

I think it would've been better to say "Yes, but sometimes even bad people get the chance to redeem themselves." Saying Anakin wasn't a bad person is...yikes. o_O
  16. Darth_Duck Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    They're not saying he isn't bad, they're saying he's not "just bad," like there's more at work than innate badness.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    MandaloreRex2015 and TheRedBlade like this.
  17. Ancient Whills Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's also how I read it.
    MandaloreRex2015 and Darth_Duck like this.
  18. Revanfan1 Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh. Is he "just" bad. I misread that and thought it said "is he bad." Makes more sense.
    Darth_Duck likes this.
  19. vncredleader Jedi Master

star 4
    That last one for Vader kinda bugs me. He IS a bad person. The initial question is "is he just bad" no is the correct answer cause he is not JUST bad. But he is still a bad person just with a chance for redemption. Having good in you and not being 100% evil does not mean you are not a bad person for killing children. That's like saying that because a Nazi regrets what he did later that means he was not a bad person. he was a bad person he just was not entirely bad. That and giving into fear and anger does not make people bad sure, but when most people give into anger they do't butcher children and abuse their wives and if they do then they are a bad person. An abusive husband is still a bad person even if there is SOME good in him. Giving into anger does not always make you bad sure but there is a line there and Anakin sure as heck crossed it.

Rant over.

Yeah the first line works but in the middle of the text they change the wording and it breaks down the whole argument.
    Last edited by vncredleader, Jun 27, 2017
  20. Nehru_Amidala Jedi Master

star 5
    This is a children's book, however.
  21. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 6
    My favourite bit in there is the mini blurb about Gungans and it says "targets of senseless animosity" Which, I don't particularly think the Gungans being targeted by senseless animosity in TPM so it feels a lot more like a 4th wall breaking reference re. people hating Jar-Jar.
  22. vncredleader Jedi Master

star 4
    That means it's imperative you don't generalize or simplify this stuff to much.
    Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of Four Realms

Manager
    star 9
    I'll get the hardcover of Star Wars Made Easy for the library. It will be great for kids whose parents are not into Star Wars and/or who may not have been exposed to all of it. That and I don't have the budget to buy an ample load of Star Wars books; I bought some of the Dark Horse comics a few years ago and they are still some of the most popular books I've got.

I haven't decided what I'm getting for myself, whether I'm going to read everything just so I can say I've read it or just go with the Leia novel and that's it.
  24. Noash_Retrac Jedi Master

star 4
    Something tells me that Endor is going to be forgotten again :(
  25. RokurGepta Jedi Knight

Is there a thread for the novelization of The Last Jedi? Not that there's anything to talk about yet, but I was wondering if there's been any speculation on who may be writing the novelization. I was hoping for Claudia Gray, but she's writing the Journey to TLJ Leia book.