main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Journey to TFA: Lost Stars by Claudia Gray (finally coming to paperback Aug 1!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Jul 8, 2015.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    [​IMG]

Gotta admit, I'm really excited by this one. It's cool, I want to see how a romance story works out in Star Wars. Also I'm glad we have a female Loyalist and amused by the aristo Rebel.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Sounds interesting but I don't think it's a big deal the Loyalist is female.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's not a huge deal in the new canon, no. But I'm still getting used to what an improvement on the old state of affairs this is. :)

The Shadow Emperor and BobaMatt like this.
  4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    That cover's pretty cool and I'm still looking forward to this but my enthusiasm was kind of co-opted by everything else.

5. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Looks like another Star Destroyer is going down. The new canon really has not been kind to ISDs so far.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm definitely interested in this. There are better directions to take the "star-crossed lovers" format than Star Wars has, and I hope the characters are written well.

7. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Is that perhaps actually Jakku on the cover? I know this novel ends after ROTJ...

8. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    I think it spans just before New Hope all the way to after Return of the Jedi. That'd be interesting if that was Jakku.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    But we are alll

Loossttt starrrssss

10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    My read order is probably going to be:

Shattered Empire #1 (shortest)
    Aftermath
    Lost Stars
    The three young reader books in order

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    GrandAdmiralJello, so how do you feel about the fact that it was the aristocrat who joined the Rebels, and the commoner who became an Imp? There's bound to be a conflict of interest there. [face_mischief]

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Not at all. It's what allows me to occasionally feel okay getting excited about Rebel stuff even though my true loyalty is to the Empire.

'sides like, the Rebellion was founded by a trio of Core World senators (...err, hopefully!) and the Organas in particular are royalty so it's all cool.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I mean, as good as the Big Three books look I have to think they're waaay less urgent from a TFA standpoint.

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That's fair. Just like how commoners in the Empire make me not feel so bad about liking them sometimes. :p

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    well, yeah, the immediate post-ROTJ stuff is the stuff you want to read right away (and the stuff most at risk of being shouted from rooftops by the mass media and general internet). The Big Three books can probably be safely read and enjoyed in peace. Lost Stars too, except I'm putting it ahead of the Big Three books because I'm actually quite excited for it.

Revanfan1 just remember the beneficence of the Emperor knows no distinction of class or gender!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  16. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Pretty great cover- I'd buy that as a poster (minus some of the words and stuff).

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    ...actually, that cover has the perfect dimensions for a cell phone wallpaper. Done!

18. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    According to bookdepository, this book will be 560 pages long.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I saw similar figures to that too. That's good, given the time period this story is supposed to cover.

20. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    That has to be one of the worst book covers in SW history and we had some really terrible stuff in the past. Also what is it with these terrible romance plots? First Dark Disciple and now this? I mean “female demographic” is good and all, but maybe we should not be aiming for one of the worst possible means to it?

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Highly sceptical of that page count.

22. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

560 does seem awfully long, I would assume it's a placeholder number.

I was unsure if I'd go for the YA stuff, but I feel like I'm all-in with this new canon material!

23. iucounu

iucounu Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 28, 2014

I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised.

24. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

By Dark Disciple or this book?

25. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Or maybe the romance angle is just part of the story? Did ESB suck because of Han/Leia?