main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Journey to The Last Jedi - The Rebel Files by Daniel Wallace (Canon too!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Apr 17, 2017.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Revanfan1, AusStig, Tzizvvt78 and 6 others like this.
  2. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    CR90s back to actual lengths!

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Wasn't the 126m figure introduced around the time TCW came out - with the computer model scaled to match it? That, or the figure was introduced for the Incredible Cross Sections books.

4. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Was sort of hoping we might get some Legends Rebel ships that hadn't been seen "on screen" yet, like the DP20 or Marauder corvette. But what we've got looks good.

Snarky Ackbar is the best.

A facebook commenter on the Star Wars website pointed out that the image used for the Hammerhead appears to be from The Old Republic instead of being the models used in Rebels or Rouge One.

I wonder if Holdo's writings will give us any insight to her role in TLJ.

Under the "Starfighter Squadrons" I wonder what "DS Attack Run" means. I would assume it meant "Death Star Attack Run" but it's assigned to A-wings as well as X-wings, and Y-wings don't get that label.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The DP20 actually showed up in one of the comics. I keep hoping (but not really expecting) they'll do more with it.

Ackbar calling out Poe is hilarious.

6. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I don't really count the comic appearence since it was just a small, blurry background dot.

[​IMG]

Yes, yes it is. I could've sworn I've seen Sarcastic Ackbar somewhere before, but other than a couple times where he was prickly towards Borsk Fey'la I can't think of any.

7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Ooh, this looks really awesome. Gotta try to pick up a copy in November or December then (spoilers, hm).

Always nice to get more names (just hope they don't kill off more people in sidestory entries). I hope they include the Profundity, maybe mention if there were any other MC75 besides that one (since most other sources just stick to the standard MC80). So far looks like its just the standard Battle of Endor Rebel fleet list (MC80, corvettes, Nebulon) but it is nice to see the Dornean gunship finally being used more often.

Wonder how many other Clone Wars ships will show up. The retrofitted Pelta is from Rebels of course, but after TCW (and with that era basically dead at the moment), always curious to see how much the Rebel Alliance salvaged from that era.

I skipped the Mando and Imp books, but I can't resist a Rebels book (well, unless I just wait for the book version, but the deluxe version sounds really good).

8. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I'm sure the book will confirm additional MC75's, or at least imply there were others. The Profundity was one of multiple Mon Cala city ships that the Alliance had, so I'm sure we'll see more of them. I'm hope that we learn a bit more about Dornea and the Dorneans in this guide as well. There is little canon info on them at this point, maybe a certain Dornean admiral will be recanonized as a Rebel commander? :D

--Adm. Nick

9. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    well im glad Draven made it post yavin but i wonder if he made it past events like Hoth and Endor.

10. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I'd love to learn that General Draven makes it to the post-Endor years. We know that Senator Jebble does, so there is a precedent for RO character making it to the post-Endor era.

--Adm. Nick

vncredleader likes this.
  11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ...ugh, Jebel :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Jebble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    It just dawned on me- this book could very well go through Jakku, which means we may get a bit of New Republic info too! It's probably too much to hope for, but MAYBE we'll get some info on the Starhawks or the Raddus?!? [face_praying]

--Adm. Nick

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m hoping so. I’ve said this a dozen times, but I’d accept the Starhawk looking like an MC140.

Similarly though if the Raddus turns out to be Viscount-class I will giggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revanfan1 and MercenaryAce like this.
  15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I honestly think this may happen.

Revanfan1 and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i think the new nebulon-b looking frigate in the new last jedi trailer looked like a MC140.

17. Angry Warlock

Angry Warlock Jedi Padawan

Jul 5, 2016
    Has anyone seen a way of Pre-ordering in the UK yet ?

18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Yeah, I love Poe low-key snarking Ackbar and Ackbar in turn high-key snarking Poe. [face_laugh]

AdmiralNick22 and Hopeless like this.
  19. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Dan Wallace

Let us know if you hear anything from the publisher about the release of the deluxe book. Amazon is still only showing the standard one for next year. The second the deluxe one is up, I wanna pre-order! :D

--Adm. Nick

SWpants likes this.
  20. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Yeah, it seems a bit strange that it is not showing up anywhere online if it is still being released this month.

21. Angry Warlock

Jul 5, 2016
    I've dropped an email to a couple of people at The Quarto group who own B&M to see if they can shed any light on whether we are going to see this soon.

22. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012

In case anyone missed it, Dan mentioned a while back that while the Deluxe Edition will be available on Amazon after the release, they're not doing pre-orders. The pre-orders go through the publisher.

23. Angry Warlock

Jul 5, 2016
    Any idea where I find these fabled pre-orders through the publisher ?

24. Dan Wallace

Dan Wallace Author: Essential Atlas, Essential Guides, RPG star 3 VIP

Aug 17, 1998
    Update: I talked to my editor who told me that an Amazon link for preorders will go up next week (apparently they had some behind the scenes stuff to work out before it could go live). I believe Nov. 14 is still the pub date for the Deluxe Edition.

25. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Sweet! Thanks for the update, Dan. Definitely looking forward to this!

Quick question about one of the previews. That one that lists MC80 names appears to be set pre-Endor. I see you only listed six (even though the movie shows a lot more), was that supposed to be the initial cruisers ready pre-Endor?

--Adm. Nick

26. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh good. Full steam ahead with the preorders then. Whew.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Sinrebirth and Angry Warlock like this.
  27. Dan Wallace

Dan Wallace Author: Essential Atlas, Essential Guides, RPG star 3 VIP

Aug 17, 1998
    It’s an initial memo listing what Ackbar thinks he can get his hands on during early planning stages. I try to avoid making exhaustive lists whenever possible because later sources (movie VFX tweaks, spinoff novels/comics/games) have a tendency to make you a liar retroactively.

28. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014
    I think you broke him with all your Ackbar questions, Nick.

revan772 and AdmiralNick22 like this.