Lit Journey to The Last Jedi - The Rebel Files by Daniel Wallace (Canon too!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22, Apr 17, 2017.

1. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
  2. Noash_Retrac Jedi Master

star 4
    CR90s back to actual lengths!
  3. Iron_lord Force Ghost

star 8
    Wasn't the 126m figure introduced around the time TCW came out - with the computer model scaled to match it? That, or the figure was introduced for the Incredible Cross Sections books.
  4. JediBatman Jedi Knight

star 3
    Was sort of hoping we might get some Legends Rebel ships that hadn't been seen "on screen" yet, like the DP20 or Marauder corvette. But what we've got looks good.

Snarky Ackbar is the best.

A facebook commenter on the Star Wars website pointed out that the image used for the Hammerhead appears to be from The Old Republic instead of being the models used in Rebels or Rouge One.

I wonder if Holdo's writings will give us any insight to her role in TLJ.

Under the "Starfighter Squadrons" I wonder what "DS Attack Run" means. I would assume it meant "Death Star Attack Run" but it's assigned to A-wings as well as X-wings, and Y-wings don't get that label.
  5. Vthuil Force Ghost

star 5
    The DP20 actually showed up in one of the comics. I keep hoping (but not really expecting) they'll do more with it.

Ackbar calling out Poe is hilarious.
  6. JediBatman Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't really count the comic appearence since it was just a small, blurry background dot.

[IMG]

Yes, yes it is. I could've sworn I've seen Sarcastic Ackbar somewhere before, but other than a couple times where he was prickly towards Borsk Fey'la I can't think of any.
  7. Nobody145 Jedi Master

star 5
    Ooh, this looks really awesome. Gotta try to pick up a copy in November or December then (spoilers, hm).

Always nice to get more names (just hope they don't kill off more people in sidestory entries). I hope they include the Profundity, maybe mention if there were any other MC75 besides that one (since most other sources just stick to the standard MC80). So far looks like its just the standard Battle of Endor Rebel fleet list (MC80, corvettes, Nebulon) but it is nice to see the Dornean gunship finally being used more often.

Wonder how many other Clone Wars ships will show up. The retrofitted Pelta is from Rebels of course, but after TCW (and with that era basically dead at the moment), always curious to see how much the Rebel Alliance salvaged from that era.

I skipped the Mando and Imp books, but I can't resist a Rebels book (well, unless I just wait for the book version, but the deluxe version sounds really good).
  8. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    I'm sure the book will confirm additional MC75's, or at least imply there were others. The Profundity was one of multiple Mon Cala city ships that the Alliance had, so I'm sure we'll see more of them. I'm hope that we learn a bit more about Dornea and the Dorneans in this guide as well. There is little canon info on them at this point, maybe a certain Dornean admiral will be recanonized as a Rebel commander? :D

--Adm. Nick
  9. mattman8907 Jedi Master

star 4
    well im glad Draven made it post yavin but i wonder if he made it past events like Hoth and Endor.
  10. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    I'd love to learn that General Draven makes it to the post-Endor years. We know that Senator Jebble does, so there is a precedent for RO character making it to the post-Endor era.

--Adm. Nick
  11. GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin + Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Administrator
    star 10
    ...ugh, Jebel :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.
    AdmiralNick22 and Daneira like this.
  12. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    Jebble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    It just dawned on me- this book could very well go through Jakku, which means we may get a bit of New Republic info too! It's probably too much to hope for, but MAYBE we'll get some info on the Starhawks or the Raddus?!? [face_praying]

--Adm. Nick
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    I’m hoping so. I’ve said this a dozen times, but I’d accept the Starhawk looking like an MC140.

Similarly though if the Raddus turns out to be Viscount-class I will giggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  15. Vthuil Force Ghost

star 5
    I honestly think this may happen.
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. mattman8907 Jedi Master

star 4
    i think the new nebulon-b looking frigate in the new last jedi trailer looked like a MC140.