main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Journey to The Last Jedi - The Rebel Files by Daniel Wallace (Canon too!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Apr 17, 2017.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
  2. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Okay, canon completist on a budget here. This is getting purchased one way or another, without a doubt, but I seem to recall an SRP of USD$99.99 for the deluxe edition and the closer we get to the holidays, the less realistic it becomes for me to make this happen (even with Amazon's discount). I'm happy to spend the money on the deluxe edition if it's worth that kind of price tag, but it's definitely easier on my wallet to hold off until the book-only version. So, a question to GrandAdmiralJello and anyone else who has seen this thing in real life - what does the deluxe edition offer beyond the book? Is there content I'm missing if I skip the deluxe edition and wait for the book-only? Other than a little picture of the Death Star, what does the projector project, and how does it add to the overall presentation?

3. Dan Wallace

Dan Wallace Author: Essential Atlas, Essential Guides, RPG star 3 VIP

Aug 17, 1998
    Just heard: Deluxe Edition available Tuesday 11/21. Unexpected production & shipping delays.

Also heard that there may be an active order link on Amazon as early as tomorrow but don't hold me to that.

4. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003

Awesome, thanks for the update Dan! I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Without any huge spoilers, are their any parts of the guide that you are particularly excited about?

--Adm. Nick

5. Dan Wallace

Aug 17, 1998
    I’m too anxious to get excited about anything ever. I just hope people like it.

6. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003

Rest your nerves, Dan! You've got a solid track record of putting out well-loved SW stuff, I think this won't be all that different. :cool:

--Adm. Nick

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    From the tiny tiny preview I saw, it might be my favorite one of this series since the original Jedi Path so that's a pretty good sign!

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I love this books, I'm pre-ordering once the link is available. It's worth it.

9. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I've literally checked Amazon.com 5 times a day for the past week. :p Needless to say, the second it is up I expect someone to tag me so that I can promptly order it. I promise to do the same for all of you!

--Adm. Nick

SWpants likes this.
  10. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Please do!

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, the good news is I did find a link for this.
    But it's bad news unless you're in Australia. Site gives Dec 2017 as the publishing date. Not sure how accurate this site is and I don't think I'd order based on what's there. There isn't even an image. And the quoted price is AU $120, which is around US $90.

AdmiralNick22

12. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Wonder what the holdup is? Having it out in time for the holidays would seem like it would be to the publisher's advantage.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  14. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Sweet! My wife just ordered it for me for my birthday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Ordered & arriving on Tuesday! :D

—Adm. Nick

16. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Wow, just those short couple of pages on the Amazon preview page are chock full of Legends references, as well as some other cool stuff!

- Sesfan has been recanonised as Ackbar's aide. My WEG prayers have been answered!
    - Dr'uun Unnh has been recanonised as scouting and reporting on Yavin 4 for the Rebel Alliance.
    - X-Wing reconnaissance fighters!
    - Two new ship names. Apparently Mon Mothma was stationed aboard the Esperance shortly after the Battle of Yavin. However, she transferred to the Nangilima since it was the next transport going to Yavin.
    - At one point, Ordnance and Supply refused to procure more A-Wings when they were short on resources because of all the ships that Phoenix Squadron lost in battle. [face_laugh]

MercenaryAce, Daneira and Vthuil like this.
  17. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Someone FINALLY mentions the Mid-Rim campaigns and subsequent retreat.

Vthuil likes this.
  18. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Aw, I wish a link was ip on Amazon UK--it's the only one that allows me to use my card. :(

EDIT: something bothers me a little from what I see in the preview:
    there is a spread devoted to the Rebels moving to Yavin 4. But Rebels seems to imply they're already there before that, right? It's not a mistake per se, but the chronology is unclear to me.

Also... Am I dumb or there's a problem with the Great Temple's schematics? The level indicated as four actually contains the war room, not the Grand Audience Chamber.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Ha.

I appreciate the Phoenix squad joke. I mean, seriously.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

DarthSienna, MercenaryAce and Vthuil like this.
  20. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Oh man, that preview! Any reference to Rebel shipbuilding/conversations at the Mon Cala operated Telaris Shipyards makes me smile. :D

Also- I love the name of the Rebel ship Mon Mothma was on- Esperance. French for "Hope". ;)

--Adm. Nick

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Ha, Nick it's somehow appropriate you'll get the book delivered one day before me. Guess I'll just hide from the thread on Tuesday.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

22. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Did you receive it today?

23. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    It's out for delivery, I should have in just a few hours when I get home! :D

--Adm. Nick

bsmith7174 likes this.
  24. Dan Wallace

Aug 17, 1998
  25. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Can you post any interesting tidbits you come across?