Journey to the Past - Mara/Luke and Jaina/Jag *LAST CHAPTER UP! 2/14* SEQUEL COMING SOON!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SoraJade, Oct 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoraJade Jedi Knight

star 2
    Summary: Select EU characters are thrown into Episode 2! Can they save Anakin's fall from Grace?

Journey to the Past

"Daddy! Daddy can I pick the table? Please!?"

Luke Skywalker found particular comfort gazing into the eyes of his small 7-year-old. How long had it been since he had spent this much time with her? He was sure Mara could answer that. She had been all over him the past few days to try and organize one of these family outings. She insisted that he should at least know his children's middle names if he was going to be a suitable father to them. Luke wondered why they hadn't done one of these outings in so long. Lost in the thought, he neglected her question, which can, often at times, be quite dangerous in the Skywalker family. He felt Mara nudge him hard in the ribs.

"Ouch! Mara!" Luke gave a hurt expression towards his wife. Even after 10 year of marriage, Luke still couldn't seem to dodge all of her punches at him. "You know most people would consider that abuse," he whined, rubbing the affected spot with two fingers trying to numb the pain. It really did hurt.

"But most people aren't married to little old me!" She said putting on a cute expression and gazing up at him.

"Well I should hope not," Luke said frowning as he was making his way towards the entrance of the restaurant, his two young children pawing at his legs for attention.

"Daaaaadddd?" His daughter said once again, dragging out the word to make him look at her. "Can I choose the table?" He noticed how she was trying to put a force nudge into each of her words. Leave it to Padme to try and force her way in.

"Princess, mommy already made arrangements for our table," Luke decided that was probably the sixth time he had told Padme this but of course, she kept right on asking.

"Oh?all right then," Padme grabbed Luke's arm and started steering him faster towards the attendants in front of the desk.

"Padme?" Luke warned. Too late. They had already stormed through 3 different shoppers and knocked over 5 different display cases. Now Luke remembered why family outings were often frowned upon. Sighing he picked her up, hurriedly apologized to all the knocked over people, gripped Mara's hand harder and steered his family towards the attendants.

"Ah, Master Skywalker," the waiter said politely putting on one of those famous fake smiles. "Pleasure to see you again." His eyes drifted down to the members of the family and studied them one by one. His eyes stopped on Mara. "And Mara Jade, how fitting of you to grace us with your presence." He slowly reached down to grab her hand but Mara kindly reached down and grabbed the hand of her son, Ben, and gave him a small smile in return. It took Luke years of being trained by Mara to not start laughing.

"If you don't mind, sir," the title seemed like a small afterthought, "We are here on reservations. Is our table ready?" Luke just wanted to get as far away from this guy as he could. What dumb luck, they get stuck with a cocky waiter. This was going to be a long evening?

"Of course," the man said slyly. "Follow me." Stepping onto a turbo lift he beckoned them to follow. Once the whole family was securely on, they started to travel up and up. Finally Luke saw light towards the top and they finally settled on top of what was clearly the highest building in the Republic. Ben and Padme immediately gave into their child-like instincts and ran to the edge of the building.

"Wow?" Ben said in awe. It was one of the few words he ever said. Being four years old he had an eye for everything dangerous and exciting that he could lay his hands on, much to the demise of Mara and Luke.

"Mom can I throw something?" Padme said with a plea in her eyes.

"No you may not!" Mara seemed appalled at the very thought. Though, her eyes seemed to soften and she remembered herself at that age. Thinking twice she pulled a small credit from her pocket and handed it quietly to Padme, without Luke seeing. She put her finger to her lips as she put it in her hand.

Padme covered her mouth to stifle
  2. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I love Luke/Mara and Jaina/Jag stories. :) :D

I have a L/M story of my own. The link is in my signature if you are interested.

Can't wait to see what happens!
  3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Mom can I throw something?" Padme said with a plea in her eyes.

[face_laugh] that line cracked me up! i have 3 sisters so i can totally see a little girl saying something like that...can we have jaina/jag next post? :D
    UP!
  4. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jaina/Jag...Luke/Mara...you have two of my favorite couples right here...awesome! (even though we haven't seen the Jaina/Jag) anyways, cool postie...Padme was so cute!
  5. SoraJade Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh yeah! Reviews! Okay guys here's a little part with Jaina and Kyp...Jag is mentioned...but he doesn't come in just yet..but don't worry...he's coming ^_-

Journey to the Past-Part 2

"Kyp I wouldn't touch it if I were you."

Kyp Durron, Jedi Knight turned around and looked hard into a pair of brown, determined eyes that happened to belong to Jaina Solo Fel. She reached back to tuck a lock of her straight brown hair behind her ear. Adding some of Leia's fiery determination and some of Han's cunning wit, she made a great combination of two of the most stubborn people in the world, much like her twin, Jacen Solo. Plenty like her newly wed husband, Jagged Fel.

"What's it gonna do, eat me? It's a piece of metal Jaina, I think I'm a little tougher than that." He motioned towards the smooth, shiny rod that they had found while conducting a search of one of the old Masssania temples. He reached out again to pick it up but he felt Jaina's hand lock down on his arm. His green jade eyes flashed up in a confused fury, but they were quickly startled. Along with an obvious stubborn twinkle that she had inherited from her father, Kyp saw something in them that he didn't expect, fear. "Jaina, what's wrong?" He asked with obvious concern.

She hesitated. "It just doesn't feel right in here. It feels cold." She looked at their surrounding and Kyp felt a small shiver run down her back.

"Boy I've heard that one before," Kyp said dryly. "Come on Jaina. I've been closer to the dark side that almost anyone. I would sense it if it were in here."

"It's not that?"She blew her bangs out of her eyes and seemed bent on studying the ceiling for a moment. "I just don't think you should touch it that's all," she said finally. It seemed like an excuse that would just buy her more time.

"So who's gonna touch it first, you?" He shook her hand off his arm and stood straight up again. "If there is something wrong with it, then I'm the obvious choice on who should touch it first. Master Skywalker left me in charge. I'm supposed to take all the risks. That's what being a leader means. Thanks anyway Jaina but I think I can handle it." Once again Kyp leaned down to pick up the rod, but he was disturbed again by another Solo twin who came into the entrance slowly. Jacen Solo's shaggy brown hair fluttered in the afternoon sun and whisked across his face as a small breeze blew by.

"Transmission from Courasaunt," he explained. "Jag want?s to know when you?re going home."

"Just a second Jace," Jaina said using her brother's childhood nickname. "We'll be there in a few minutes." He saw her look towards the small rod lying on the ground a few feet away from Kyp.

"Weird?" he said as he walked closer towards it, studying it carefully. "What do you suppose?" he started reaching for it.

"Jacen No!" Jaina cried. "Don't touch that!" But it was too late. He bent down and picked it up off the ground. He lifted it up, still with an examining look on his face. All of the blood had drained out of Jaina's face and she looked as if she had just seen a ghost.

"No harm done Jaina?see?" As he lifted it up to show it to her there was a blinding flash of light and the next moment the bar hit the ground with a thud. Jacen was nowhere in site.

"JACEN!" Jaina screamed his name as tears poured down her face. His presence was ripped from her mind instantly and for a moment, Jaina didn't think her legs would be able to hold her. Her twin, her brother, her other half, was gone. Gathering up strength she tried to rush over towards the smoking piece of metal. Kyp's strong arm stopped her and she fell into his embrace as she tried to come into focus with what had just happened.

Kyp was content to just hold her, as long as she needed him. He was, after all, older and the Jedi that Master Skywalker had entrusted the academy to. Jaina was still quite young, 20 he would guess. He was almost 35. Gazing towards the steam he noticed a small glow coming from the metal bar, a faint blue. Jaina stopped whimpering in his arms and pushed out of him embrace. He co
  6. mistryljediskywalker Jedi Master

star 3
    nice start, L/M and J/J, my two favorite couples.
  7. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    good post.......interesting......I suspect that "object" is like a time travel or another dimenstion / portal device.
  8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "dun dun dun!" is right! how could you write a cliffie ;) ? ah, well, it was a well written cliffie anyway...i can just see jaina doing that...
    oh, about jacen's childhood nickname, i'm pretty sure it was actually "jasa" and jaina's was "jaya". but i could be wrong...
    up!
  9. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! what is it with people and posting cliffies today?

j/k, that was an awesome postie!
  10. SoraJade Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay REALLY long post today guys...I EXPECT LOTS OF REVIEWSIES! Okay? okay! ^_^

Journey to the Past

Luke was finally starting on his meal which, to his disgust was brought almost 30 minutes after their ordering. He saw the waiter walking towards their table and almost threw his fork down on his plate. Would this guy ever leave them alone? He flexed his fingers menacingly under the table and felt Mara lay her hands on top of them. That calmed him, a little.

"Master Skywalker? A message has arrived for you in the lobby," the waiter seemed very pleased with himself for delivering the message himself.

"Who is it?" Luke asked. Not many people knew he was here right now. Not many people meant that it was either Leia or Han. Go figure.

"They didn't say sir. They claimed that it was important though and hey wanted to speak to you a quickly as possible." He put on another fake smile that made Luke's insides freeze up. Why was he smiling? If this was a real message, which Luke doubted it was, then there was no cause to be smiling.

"Thank you," Luke said finally. "Lead the way." He stood up and motioned for the man to walk in front of him. The waiter smiled once more and led Luke down the turbo lift. When they got to the com station, Luke flashed him a very clear, "go away" look and the man smiled and left. Luke flipped the switch that said incoming call and was surprised to see Kyp's face pop onto the screen.

"Well hello Kyp. To what do I owe this call today? And consequently, how did you know I was here?" Luke was positive that he had instructed Leia and Han not to tell anyone where he and Mara were going. Oh well, it didn't matter now.

"Well?umm?" Since when did Luke ever see Kyp stutter on his words? "We?that is Jaina and I?we found something?weird?" Kyp didn't seem to know quite how to describe it.

"Expand on weird." Luke had a feeling that this conversation wasn't a pleasure call.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Jaina?Jaina wake up?" A voice was nagging in the back of her mind. Yes someone wanted her to get up. But?she really didn't want to get up right now. Where was she again? The flood of events poured onto her all at once and she opened her eyes at once, which hurt, quite a lot.

"Jacen!" She bolted up, despite the pain and forced her eyes to stay open. She saw Jacen's face, but that's not all she was looking at. The appeared to be in a large a grand room. About a dozen aliens and humans dressed in fine robes were staring at them, obviously as confused as Jacen and Jaina were. Two young men were standing above them looking down with curious expressions.

Jacen took her under the arm and pulled her up. "Come on Jaina, get up so we can get out of here," he whispered in her ear. "These people and scary?"

Jaina stood rather aquardly and blinked a few times to make the dots in front of her eyes disappeared. Getting her footing she allowed Jacen to lead her out of the room. When they got out into the hall, Jaina's senses were all back and on full alert. Where in the galaxy were they?

"Excuse me?" They both flipped around as they heard a voice behind them. Wide-eyed they gazed into the eyes of one of the young men who had been standing in the middle of that room. Quite handsome at that, Jaina thought. Around 19 or 20 he was obviously wearing Jedi clothing, but his hair?? He had a small skinny braid going down his right shoulder with a small ponytail in the back. His hair was almost the same color as Uncle Luke's, a bit lighter perhaps?Who was this guy?

He seemed quite sure of himself as he studied the both of them. They both were in normal civilian clothing and looked like just another bunch of kids that had lost their way. Gulping, Jaina found her voice and answered him. "Yes?" she said, stronger than she thought she could.

"Do you want to explain what you were doing in there?" Once again the young man seemed quite sure of himself, as if he was the only security this whole building had. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and Jacen noticed a lightsaber underneath his
  11. mistryljediskywalker Jedi Master

star 3
    nice one Sora Jade, can't wait to see what happens next
  12. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    good post! Can't wait to see how Jag and Luke and Mara get there. ;)
  13. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    awesome postie! this is definately getting better!
  14. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ooh...the plot thickens <dun-dun-dun!> good post...loved jaina stomping jacen's foot [face_laugh] ...and the part where jaina was like, "and i bet you're going to say you're anakin skywalker...i am..." i know i didn't get the exact wording but the general idea... :p
    up!
  15. SoraJade Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah for reviewers! I love you guys!

thank you mistryljediskywalker:D! The next part is coming soon! Promise!

Jedi_Liz you are a dedicated reviewer too! Thanks so much for reading! :)

Thanks so much for the compliment Lt_Jaina_Solo! Definitly hope it's getting better! ;)

Hehe...glad you enjoyed Trickster_Jaina_Fel! I hope there will be more laughs where that came from :D

SJ
  16. SoraJade Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh oh! Jag has a line in this one! Don't wrry guys...he's coming..I just have to build up this Luke and Mara thing before I get into the Jaina and Jag thing....

Journey to the Past

Mara Jade Skywalker sat at a luxurious table, eating the best food that anyone could possibly afford, sitting on the highest point in Courasaunt and surrounded by the two sweetest life forms that she could ever imagine. However, her happiness was incomplete. A part of her was far away and no matter how hard she ever did try, she never felt quite complete when Luke wasn't around. Looking down towards her plate she noticed that she had been absentmindedly twirling her food around her fork for the past 15 minutes.

How long did it take for Luke to answer a holo call? And more importantly why had he shut her out just a few minutes ago? Not often did Mara Jade ever admit to anyone else, or even herself that she was scared but she was on the verge of becoming ballistic! She had gone nearly 5 minutes without a hint of Luke in her mind and she was starting to get even the tines bit worried.

Thankfully she finally felt Luke's warm presence wrap around her mind like a warm blanket and she settled down enough to bring the fork to her mouth and take that bite of food that she had been playing with for the past 20 minutes. She sensed agitation flowing off of Luke and his desire for her not to ask him about anything quite yet. Yielding to his request, this time, she did not even look up when he sat down at the table but she tried to squeeze into his mind to get the slightest hint of what was troubling him. Unfortunately he had small shields pressed around those thoughts, blocking her out. She glanced up towards his face and saw his eyes once again pleading with her not to ask about anything yet. Fortunately the silence much have gotten to Padme and Ben to for they were both still silent and eating.

So much for spending some quality family time together, Mara thought dryly as she continued eating, quite annoyed at the thought of Skywalker hiding something from her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Luke wrapped his mind around his young son and felt his peace and serenity through the force. Ben?s stomach slowly moved up and down as he slept. So peaceful, Luke thought. Will my life ever be peaceful again? He thought back to the call he had gotten from Kyp, and the description of what happened to Jaina and Jacen. He winced at the memory of calling Leia and Han and telling them something that just broke their hearts.

?I have to go alone,? he remembered himself saying.

?But Luke they?re our children!? the panic in Leia?s voice had been unmistakable but Luke stood firm in his feeling with the force.

?Only me Leia. Just me.? Luke had winced at the sight of Han as he came with a retort.

?But what about Mara?? he had said stubbornly. ?She would never let you go alone??

?She doesn?t need to know I?m going??

Another more recent conversation came to mind?

?She WHAT?? Jagged Fel?s face was contort with distress and he was very well gripping the seriousness of that statement.

?Calm down Jag, don?t?.? Luke was going to say don?t worry but that seemed pointless at the moment. ?Look I?m going to Yavin to investigate, would you like to go?? Luke knew that was a stupid question. Like Jag would ever not want to go to where Jaina was. Wide eyed he stared at the reciever as he saw Jag Fel break down and cry.

Pulling away from his son?s bed he glanced over towards his daughter?s sleeping form and gave her a silent mental caress before silently slipping out the door.

As he walked towards his and Mara?s bedroom, he wondered how he had ever convinced Mara to go to bed without telling her what had happened. Somehow he had this feeling in the back of his mind that he really hadn?t convinced her thoroughly but that she trusted him enough. He didn?t want to betray her trust but he knew that Han was right, Mara would never let him go alone, which was exactly what he had to do.

Slipping into the room he gazed towards her sle
  17. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i like this. i always wanted to write a story like and you used padme's name as luke's daughter. in my universe, her name was padme.
  18. mistryljediskywalker Jedi Master

star 3
    oooh, new post, oh man when Mara finds out where and Luke was going. Great Post! :D
  19. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    Mara will be so mad when she finds out that Luke left without her!

I think its either Corran, Count Dooku (can't be YET) or someone else that is a new character. ;)

Great Post!

if you want to read a Luke/Mara romance story, I have a link to one O am writing, in my sig. ;) :D

20. Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: a cliffie! who could be...hm...who could it be?

Another more recent conversation came to mind?
    ?She WHAT?? Jagged Fel?s face was contorted with distress and he was very well gripping the seriousness of that statement.
    ?Calm down Jag, don?t?.? Luke was going to say don?t worry but that seemed pointless at the moment. ?Look I?m going to Yavin to investigate, would you like to go?? Luke knew that was a stupid question. Like Jag would ever not want to go to where Jaina was. Wide eyed he stared at the reciever as he saw Jag Fel break down and cry.

oh my poor jag! <sniff> poor, poor jag...

good job! liked the whole worried mara thing... :D you wrote the luke/mara scenes really well...

up!
  21. forceaddict Jedi Master

star 4
    i like it so far, great job with the story, keep it coming
  22. starkrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    That's really good. Major cliffie. I want more.
  23. SoraJade Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh Thanks everyone SO MUCH for your reviews! I don't have time to thank you all separatly right now cause I gtg but THANKS YOU! I LOVE REVIEWS!!! :D

So just for those..I'm giving you the next part! ;) Enjoy

Journey to the Past- LONG POST!

Jaina Solo didn?t much care for complications in life. In fact she didn?t much care for anything that took her away from her flying and her computers. But, she had decided, this is really taken things too far. Sitting in the hold of Obi-Wan Kenobi?s personal ship, zooming towards some planet called Camino that actually wasn?t even there. And to top it all off, she was in a year that was about 5 years before her parents were even born, not to mention at least a good 35 years before she was born.

Since Obi-Wan and Anakin understood hers and Jacen?s problems they decided to make sure that the twins were with one of them at all times. Refusing to be with that jerk who claimed to be her grandfather, she had resorted to going on a bounty hunter hunt with Jedi Kenobi. He wasn?t all that bad for company. She was learning a lot from him. Jaina had always wondered his truly wise her uncle?s old master was, and now she knew first hand. The ship shook as they exited hyperspace, jolting Jaina out of a slight form of meditation.

?There it is Jaina,? he said pointing towards the planet in their view screen. ?Our missing planet Camino.?

Jaina couldn?t help but be excited to be going to a new world that she had never seen or head of before. Too bad Jacen was missing this?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Oh it?s too bad Jaina is missing this! Jacen thought as he climbed off of the transport. Naboo was simply beautiful. That was the only was he could describe it. Everything was green and fresh and crisp. Even the air you breathed in was quite refreshing. Anakin and Padme had given him a small history of Naboo and he wondered why anyone would attack such a beautiful planet.

He noticed that Anakin and Padme had already started walking away so he grabbed a bag and hurried after them, not wanting to be left behind. Something told him not to interfere though?He heard snippets of their conversation but kept mostly far enough back so that they would feel like they had some privacy.

Gazing beside him he was surprised once again by the irony of this situation. R2D2 rolled along, as faithful as ever right beside Jacen. Who would think that that droid was with our family from the very beginning? Jacen had to smile. Even though he and Jaina were lightyears away from each other and years away from their own parents, there were still familiar faces around.

?There it is Jacen,? Anakin said looking back towards him. He was pointing towards easiest the largest building in the city, surrounded by huge waterfalls and brilliant plant and animal life, the palace was definitely going to be fun to explore.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

?Mara!? Luke jumped back in surprise. Instinctively he shut off the blade in his hand and clipped it back to his belt. The mysterious shadow that he had lifted their hood. Mara Jade Skywalker?s long tresses of red hair slipped down her back and gave some color to her black Jedi robes that she was wearing. Luke stood in shock at the fact that she was standing right there before him, when he had small doubts that he might never be seeing her again. Looking more carefully at her face he noticed a tiny spark of anger settling near her upper lip and he prepared himself for the incoming storm.

Silently, swiftly and productively, Mara Jade pinned her husband against his own beloved X-Wing. ?Skywalker?I would expect you to fight back!?

?Fight who? You?re my wife!? Luke just let her take her anger out. After all, she was the one who had been lied to and she was the one who would be left without a husband and with two very small children.

Mara?s face darkened and she again shoved him hard against the side of the X-Wing before letting him drop to the ground. ?Just when did you think about telling ME you were going somewhere tonight huh? I mean you said
  24. starkrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright, I was loving this story so much that I cheated and read all of it (so far) on your web site. Its awesome.
  25. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    I never thought it would be Mara! That was perfect! I can just see that! Great Post! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.