main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Journey to TLJ: Canto Bight

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Jul 20, 2017.

1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    I assume this is supposed to be glorious sarcasm. You would be smart not to fall for the "Journey to" crap this time, especially since the Force Awakens was the "Journey to" The Last Jedi and there is no time in between. ;)

2. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005

Forbidden? What? I have a hard time imagining this, if you were referring to the UK. Are you sure your not thinking about the Amish or perhaps Orthodox Jews or maybe North Koreans as likely candidates? :confused:

3. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Well I was interested in buying some electrical panasonic screw driver. The kind Carey Holzman uses (the one that can switch between straight and gun shaped mode). Amazon ships to the US, and not Canada. Can't find them anywhere in Canada, in fact.
    This item does not ship to, Canada. Please check other sellers who may ship internationally. Learn more

4. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005
    It maybe a bias or policy that Amazon has regarding countries outside the US, probably not as likely that Canada forbids electrical appliances. As for the UK they have many electrical screwdrivers including the Sonic variety. [face_tee_hee]

Hopeless likes this.
  5. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Sorry everyone. I meant import of certain electrical appliances are not allowed between US and Canada.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm in the UK and I've used them plenty of times for books when the UK site didn't have them in stock. You won't get free shipping, however.

7. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005
    But this is FETT were talking about. He probably has black market connections! 8-}

8. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Yeah, you'll probably pay double. Considering the VAT

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No duty charge on books. And the exchange rate can work in your favor when the $ is around $1.60 to the £. Not now tho - it's around $1.30.

DARTH_MU likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Voltage/ampage tends to vary, so that's the likely cause.

As to this book, I really had thought it was a Lucasfilm Press one, but as DarthInternous has kindly dropped by to say it's DR that renders any potential acquisition problems moot.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
  12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    She's pretty good - I've read and enjoyed her Newsflesh and Parasitology series.

13. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Super excited about this book. I can only imagine that Jello will be stoked, what with all the fancy hats, parties, and tuxedos. ;)

It's great that the folks at LFL are following a similar setup tor the "Journey" books. It means we know that when we get to Episode IX that we'll get a similarly awesome variety of new books, short stories, and reference guides.

--Adm. Nick

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I bought the British versions of two of the Harry Potter books from amazon.co.uk . (Bought the others on a visit to London.) I paid the price in GBP plus shipping and IIRC it came to the equivalent of about $40-50 per book, as opposed to the hardcovers selling for $25 or so in the US when they were new. It seems like it would work in reverse. Not sure about Kindle editions though.

Off topic-ness aside, I'm really looking forward to this book, especially more JJM.

15. Qel

Qel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2007
    Hopefully between this and 'From a certain point of view' it will be a good year for short stories, would be nice if this continued as you can explore some interesting angles with a short story that wouldn't work in a full novel.

my kind of scum likes this.
  16. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm excited for the book, can't wait to read it. That's what I like about star wars, there is a lot of variety that other franchises lack. You know, I tried to read an Iron Man novel the other day and its was grueling. I went through 90 pages in 2 days, yet with a star wars book, I can do 400 in 18 hours. Funny. Star Wars is probably the only franchise that novels and comic books are enjoyable to read and re-read.

SWpants likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    One novel in two hours. Slacker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Read the first Newsflash book. Really enjoyed it and plan to keep her book.

Her real name is Seanan McGuire? Is Mira a pseudonym?

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yes. She writes under both names but Grant is the pseudonym.

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    For those in the UK, the Empire (Amazon), just dropped the price for this to £13.59.

21. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    Hard cover or kindle edition?

Kindle edition in Canada is 16.99 CAD and Hard cover is 34.35 CAD (save 4.64 CAD = 12 percent)

22. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Looks like their is an audiobook version too. Woot!

Sent from Moto X-Wing

MartyAvidianus likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    To preorder now or to wait for Waterstones to follow suit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I hope we get a cover reveal soon

25. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017

Me too ;)

(I've been looking at some in-progress covers, should hopefully have a final version sooner rather than later. Definitely before the book publishes, lol)