Lit Journey to TLJ: Canto Bight

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello, Jul 20, 2017.

1. QuiWanKenJin Jedi Master

star 4
    I assume this is supposed to be glorious sarcasm. You would be smart not to fall for the "Journey to" crap this time, especially since the Force Awakens was the "Journey to" The Last Jedi and there is no time in between. ;)
  2. QuiWanKenJin Jedi Master

star 4

Forbidden? What? I have a hard time imagining this, if you were referring to the UK. Are you sure your not thinking about the Amish or perhaps Orthodox Jews or maybe North Koreans as likely candidates? :confused:
  3. DARTH_MU Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I was interested in buying some electrical panasonic screw driver. The kind Carey Holzman uses (the one that can switch between straight and gun shaped mode). Amazon ships to the US, and not Canada. Can't find them anywhere in Canada, in fact.
    This item does not ship to, Canada. Please check other sellers who may ship internationally. Learn more
  4. QuiWanKenJin Jedi Master

star 4
    It maybe a bias or policy that Amazon has regarding countries outside the US, probably not as likely that Canada forbids electrical appliances. As for the UK they have many electrical screwdrivers including the Sonic variety. [face_tee_hee]
    Hopeless likes this.
  5. DARTH_MU Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry everyone. I meant import of certain electrical appliances are not allowed between US and Canada.
  6. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I'm in the UK and I've used them plenty of times for books when the UK site didn't have them in stock. You won't get free shipping, however.
    Last edited by LAJ_FETT, Jul 21, 2017
  7. QuiWanKenJin Jedi Master

star 4
    But this is FETT were talking about. He probably has black market connections! 8-}
  8. DARTH_MU Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, you'll probably pay double. Considering the VAT
  9. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    No duty charge on books. And the exchange rate can work in your favor when the $ is around $1.60 to the £. Not now tho - it's around $1.30.
    DARTH_MU likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 7
    Voltage/ampage tends to vary, so that's the likely cause.

As to this book, I really had thought it was a Lucasfilm Press one, but as @DarthInternous has kindly dropped by to say it's DR that renders any potential acquisition problems moot.
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. DARTH_MU Jedi Master

star 4
  12. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    She's pretty good - I've read and enjoyed her Newsflesh and Parasitology series.
  13. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    Super excited about this book. I can only imagine that Jello will be stoked, what with all the fancy hats, parties, and tuxedos. ;)

It's great that the folks at LFL are following a similar setup tor the "Journey" books. It means we know that when we get to Episode IX that we'll get a similarly awesome variety of new books, short stories, and reference guides.

--Adm. Nick
  14. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of Four Realms

Manager
    star 9
    I bought the British versions of two of the Harry Potter books from amazon.co.uk . (Bought the others on a visit to London.) I paid the price in GBP plus shipping and IIRC it came to the equivalent of about $40-50 per book, as opposed to the hardcovers selling for $25 or so in the US when they were new. It seems like it would work in reverse. Not sure about Kindle editions though.

Off topic-ness aside, I'm really looking forward to this book, especially more JJM.
  15. Qel Jedi Master

star 1
    Hopefully between this and 'From a certain point of view' it will be a good year for short stories, would be nice if this continued as you can explore some interesting angles with a short story that wouldn't work in a full novel.
    Last edited by Qel, Jul 24, 2017
    my kind of scum likes this.
  16. vong333 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'm excited for the book, can't wait to read it. That's what I like about star wars, there is a lot of variety that other franchises lack. You know, I tried to read an Iron Man novel the other day and its was grueling. I went through 90 pages in 2 days, yet with a star wars book, I can do 400 in 18 hours. Funny. Star Wars is probably the only franchise that novels and comic books are enjoyable to read and re-read.
    SWpants likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    One novel in two hours. Slacker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Stymi Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  19. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Yes. She writes under both names but Grant is the pseudonym.
  20. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 7
    For those in the UK, the Empire (Amazon), just dropped the price for this to £13.59.
  21. MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan

star 3
    Hard cover or kindle edition?

Kindle edition in Canada is 16.99 CAD and Hard cover is 34.35 CAD (save 4.64 CAD = 12 percent)
    Last edited by MartyAvidianus, Sep 4, 2017
  22. Stymi Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Looks like their is an audiobook version too. Woot!

Sent from Moto X-Wing
    MartyAvidianus likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    To preorder now or to wait for Waterstones to follow suit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. bsmith7174 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I hope we get a cover reveal soon
  25. DarthInternous Del Rey Assistant Editor

VIP
    star 1

Me too ;)

(I've been looking at some in-progress covers, should hopefully have a final version sooner rather than later. Definitely before the book publishes, lol)