main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Lit Journey to TLJ: Canto Bight

Discussion in 'Literature' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Jul 20, 2017.

1. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Look up the Wook article. They redesigned them for TLJ and were in a deleted scene of some sort.

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I finished his story last night. All I gotta say is (story spoilers):
    Lexo Sooger > Boba Fett
    You want angsty narcissistic drama? Call Boba Fett. You want someone dead on short order? Call Lexo Sooger. Dude gets **** done and is a lot smarter about it. Also charges less.

3. AV-6R7

AV-6R7 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 9, 2014
    Kinda want to stat out Dor Namethians for one of the RPG systems now.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I refer you to my earlier post on the matter.

(It’s still a good pin)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 at 1:40 PM
  5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 7

Jul 19, 1999
    [​IMG]

TheRedBlade likes this.
  6. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Interesting. I've seen it several times and have still missed a ton of the characters from the book. I'm assuming that the three you are referring to are Kedpin, Sooger, and the big boss guy since they were in the spa cut scene? Did the alien twins from outside the galaxy make it in? How about the wine seller or the assassin from Kedpin's story? I just saw today that the woman on the ship in the establishing shot was the club owner - I had pictured her quite differently in my head. (I was also bummed that there were classic aliens in the book and none in the film but I suppose that was to be expected after TFA.)

Somehow I missed out on that pin. What a cool promo! I even had the book preordered (though from a local bookstore, so I'm not sure if that would have worked anyway). In the future, if you do more of these promotions, where would be a good place to watch for information on them?

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    She is in a bunch of different shots just chilling in the background. She must run around fast. You see her inside and also on the balcony when they first look at the track.

Keep an eye out when the fathiers are running through the streets near the end of the city portion of the chase sequence.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 at 9:51 PM
    my kind of scum likes this.
  8. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    There’s photos of all the characters from the book on Wookieepedia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my kind of scum likes this.
  9. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Del Rey Assistant Editor star 1 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    The pin was frequently promoted on all the Del Rey Star Wars social media platforms (facebook, twitter, instagram) and as part of several of our Star Wars newsletter blasts in the month and weeks before the book release. Those are always your best resources for finding out about exclusive items, giveaways, pre-order rewards, etc. People are generally good about cross-posting those things to forums like this one, but I wouldn't rely on that.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Anything come of this? Very curious to know.

11. The Raddinator

The Raddinator Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2017
    Am currently listening to the audiobook, and really enjoying this. I love the decision with this and FACPOV to go with different narrators for the different stories too, much as I always enjoy the dulcet tones of Mark Thompson (and, more recently, January LaVoy)

12. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Did either of you read the book? The Grammus sisters claim to be from another dimension, and the titular "Wine in Dreams" is supposed to be a wine from that dimension. When sommelier Derla Pidys tastes the wine she thinks it's full of familiar tastes and there's no way it could be from another dimension, and that this is just something the Grammus sisters claim about themselves to make them seem more exotic and interesting.

13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    On the other hand, I feel there was an implied possibility that the reason the wine brings up such familiar tastes is because of its otherworldly origins - it's what each drinker wants it to be or some such. Derla's a somewhat cynical type; I think the story intentionally left things ambiguous.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 7:02 AM
  14. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Del Rey Assistant Editor star 1 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    BINGO. It's a story about stories, and what people are willing/want to believe. The truth is irrelevant.

(Personal thought - not canon/not official/don't update the Wook pages with this nonsense - the sisters are not extra dimensional, but come from a planet so remote and rarely visited that it is functionally indistinct from being another dimension.)