main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Journeyman Knights Part I - Revolution (OC/OT) [Rebooted]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CPL_Macja, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    This is a reboot/rewrite of the first FanFic I posted on the boards. I tried making changes to the story as I went along and it has since become bogged down in my mind. So I have decided to start fresh and have been given permission to do so.

Title: Journeyman Knights Part I - Revolution
    Author: Jay Davidson
    Characters: Original Characters
    Summary: A story of two young men and their separate journeys in a galaxy far, far away.
    Timeframe: ANH
    Disclaimer: This is George Lucas's Universe... I'm just playing in it.

[b][i][u]Chapter One[/u][/i][blockquote]4 BBY; Corellian Engineering Corporation YT-1300 Stock Light Freighter [i]Trader?s Dream[/i], in orbit above Corellia[/B][BLOCKQUOTE]The small YT-1300 freighter had just left orbit of the planet Corellia, the center of trade in the Corellian Sector. Its owners, Jorem and Nalaandur Alchi, were at the controls with their eighteen year old son, Sch?jo, sitting right behind them. The young man was waiting, what had become to him, the normal, everyday routine of jumping from one system to another. For as long as he can remember, hyperspace travel had always been a part of his life. Going from their home on Corellia to where ever their cargo needed to go was what his life had consisted of for the past ten years.

As a small child his parents used to just leave him on Corellia with his grandparents or with a friend while they went off to where ever it was they needed to go. But as he grew older, and his piloting skills and knowledge of space travel grew greater, his parents started to take him with them on their runs.

But, they have never taken him with them to meet their buyers. So whenever they reached their port of call, he would stay back on the [i]Trader?s Dream[/i] and check, or work on, the hyperdrive, or some other operating system.

He always felt that if he could just squeeze another parsec out of the engines that his parents would be able to spend a little bit more time with him. That way, they could have, what other families called, a normal life. But, all it had gotten them was more jobs.

So he had decided, instead, to fine tune his piloting and mechanic skills. With those, he could, one day, get his own ship and jump off planet, to where ever the solar winds blew him. Right now, though, he was stuck in the passenger seat of his parents pride and joy. Somehow this trip felt like it was going to be completely different.

As he sat there he allowed his mind to wonder to what he was really wishing to have become, a Jedi. On long journeys, Sch?jo sat back, quietly, and listened to his parents discuss the hazards of being traders under the rules of the Galactic Empire. They also reminisced about the days when the Jedi had been the guardians of peace and justice in the Republic.

Since the beginning of intergalactic trade there had been pirates and government regulations. Now that the Emperor had taken control, the voice of the people had been quieted in the Senate and the Imperial Navy had become no better than the pirates that they are supposed to be protecting the traders from.

All he had ever known was a galaxy under the control of Palpatine. He was born eighteen years ago, only days before the beginning of the Clone Wars. Now all of the Jedi had been hunted down as enemies of the Empire. All this, combined with his internal belief that people should have a say in their government, had driven him to a new desire. Sch?jo wanted to join one of the underground resistance groups of rebels.

"Sch?jo,? his father said, bringing him out of his day dream of fighting the evil Empire with the rebel factions spread out amongst the stars.

"Yes, father?? he says unenthusiastically.

[i]He probably wants me to check the computer to see if there is possibly a faster way to get where ever we are going. Or, he might what me to tend to the family R6 droid. Wait Piper was back on planet, so it?s probably some other mundane job. It would be so much easier to do those jobs if I were a Jedi.[/i]

"Why don't you come up here and take the

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.